Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 861880 times)

TOOL

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #275 on: May 12, 2011, 04:59:36 PM »
Someone may be making a new comic strip featuring Hobbes (and Calvin grown up):

http://i.imgur.com/kogcM.jpg
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal and Pancakes.

a strange shadow

« Reply #276 on: May 12, 2011, 05:05:52 PM »
My local goodwill. I find the coolest stuff there for pennies! One (wo)man's trash is truly another's treasure.

Chettaman

• Helper
    • Facebook!
« Reply #277 on: May 12, 2011, 08:53:40 PM »
Socializing?
Live like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

a strange shadow

« Reply #278 on: May 12, 2011, 10:21:56 PM »

WarriorPoet

« Reply #279 on: May 12, 2011, 10:39:15 PM »
Quote from: Yenke-Bin
I some an (asian) Indian man sporting the hitler mustache the other day at work. He also had the most terrible comb over. He had like  5 small lumps of hair combed over, and it was like so noticeable. I felt sorry him. He's never getting any.

Feel sorry for yourself. What you don't know is that this guy you're pitying has 13 inches of fun dangling low and is known in the rave scene as the Meat King. It's not uncommon to see him at the club, dropping E and lining up sluts to service him in the women's bathroom. He also invented the 8-track, was a founding member of Boys2Men and once killed a burglar with a samurai sword.

Hahahahahhaaha. That, from NSG
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Aaron Goulet

• Goulet Online
« Reply #280 on: May 12, 2011, 10:43:06 PM »
My sister/boss gave me half of a Vicodin at work, and I ate it.  :D
Quote from: Zoltan
When in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Barzalene

« Reply #281 on: May 13, 2011, 07:36:11 AM »
See if you can't score me a valium!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

a strange shadow

« Reply #282 on: May 13, 2011, 05:21:37 PM »
Soon, I will be able to make cookies. Or pies. Or cupcakes. Or whatever else I want to bake in an oven.

I haven't had a working oven in over a year.

This is going to be awesome.

valeria

• I have a writing page.
« Reply #283 on: May 13, 2011, 06:24:14 PM »
Got offered the judicial externship I really wanted.  :D  It sounds like I'll mostly be helping the judge work on juvenile appeals, and maybe get to do some work on cases under my state's medical marijuana act.  I might even get to write an unpublished opinion.  I'm going to be working for free (or less than free, since I'm going to have to pay my school for the credits), but it's going to meet a graduation requirement and it seems like it's going to be so much fun.
A Kuraci regular shouts, in sirihish:
     "Bad move, fool!"
A Kuraci regular slashes a filthy grey rat on its body.

boog

« Reply #284 on: May 13, 2011, 07:25:51 PM »
Got offered the judicial externship I really wanted.  :D  It sounds like I'll mostly be helping the judge work on juvenile appeals, and maybe get to do some work on cases under my state's medical marijuana act.  I might even get to write an unpublished opinion.  I'm going to be working for free (or less than free, since I'm going to have to pay my school for the credits), but it's going to meet a graduation requirement and it seems like it's going to be so much fun.

You never know! You might befriend some people that will overlook you speeding or something. And that is sorta ... like pay!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Barzalene

« Reply #285 on: May 13, 2011, 11:02:23 PM »

Congratulations, I'm so proud of you. That's huge!!!!!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Kismetic

« Reply #286 on: May 14, 2011, 09:09:58 AM »
"Well, Gary, if that even is your real name ...  somebody stole my computer.  Now, if you're a criminal--  Look at me! ... You have to tell me, legally, or else it's considered entrapment."  -- Andy Dwyer

Majikal

• Helper
« Reply #287 on: May 14, 2011, 09:13:02 AM »
After hopping on a scale, I've lost 13 lbs this month. I'm losing some of my fluff. Thanks new job.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Barzalene

« Reply #288 on: May 14, 2011, 09:18:41 AM »
After hopping on a scale, I've lost 13 lbs this month. I'm losing some of my fluff. Thanks new job.

Nice!

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #289 on: May 15, 2011, 06:10:14 AM »
Ya'll don't want to know.

lordcooper

« Reply #290 on: May 15, 2011, 06:49:46 AM »
I just finished umpteenth playthrough of the entire MGS series and now feel confident in saying that I get it.  All of it.  Even the mindrape that is the ending of MGS2.

Quote from: The Book of Lies
    Verily, love is death, and death is life to come.
    Man returneth not again; the stream floweth not
      uphill; the old life is no more; there is a new life
      that is not his.
    Yet that life is of his very essence; it is more He
      than all that he calls He.
    In the silence of a dewdrop is every tendency of his
      soul, and of his mind, and of his body; it is the
      Quintessence and the Elixir of his being.  Therein
      are the forces that made him and his father and his
      father's father before him.
    This is the Dew of Immortality.
    Let this go free, even as It will; thou art not its
      master, but the vehicle of It.

I'm a little surprised that Crowley could move me so much.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 09:02:21 AM by lordcooper »
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #291 on: May 15, 2011, 11:14:32 AM »
I acquired the PS1 MGS last year sometime. Man, I love that game. Too bad I don't really play it. Just like I picked up the old PS1 Xenogears but didn't make it all the way through a replay. Now I just have to figure out a way to acquire Suikoden 2 (all time favorite,) without spending $150. I would definitely play through Suikoden 2. It has so much depth to the story compared to most JRPGs, kind of like FFT.

Happy thought: Old school Matchbox 20.
And then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Biscuits

• Portfolio
« Reply #292 on: May 15, 2011, 04:48:11 PM »
I will now be doing work for Quantum Mechanix.  http://quantummechanix.com/  EXCITED.

a strange shadow

« Reply #293 on: May 15, 2011, 06:51:06 PM »

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
« Reply #294 on: May 15, 2011, 07:08:09 PM »
The fact that my final English paper doesn't need to be a paper but can be a blog-site or a Wiki rocks for me.

LauraMars

• Helper
« Reply #295 on: May 15, 2011, 07:12:57 PM »
What is superman doing in england?

SUPERMAN IS A TERRORIST
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Booya

« Reply #296 on: May 15, 2011, 07:45:55 PM »
I saw some cool (yes cool!) Morris Dancers today, doing their thing, and then found out they were called Armaleggan.

Also, I don't know what's surprising about Superman being in England. I once saw Batman and Robin stacking trolleys outside a supermarket. True story.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 07:55:03 PM by Booya »

Anaiah

• Legend
« Reply #297 on: May 15, 2011, 07:55:43 PM »
Gorgeous woman I've had the hots for for ten years just moved back from half a state away - and invited me to come down to her house.

I think I'm going to be really, really forward. If things go wrong, I can always leave.
NOFUN:
Random Armageddon.thoughts: fuck dwarves, fuck magickers, fuck f-me's, fuck city elves and nerf everything I don't use
Maxid:
My position is unassailable.
Gunnerblaster:
My breeds discriminate against other breeds.

That's how hardcore I am.

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
« Reply #298 on: May 15, 2011, 08:03:32 PM »
I saw some cool (yes cool!) Morris Dancers today, doing their thing, and then found out they were called Armaleggan.

Also, I don't know what's surprising about Superman being in England. I once saw Batman and Robin stacking trolleys outside a supermarket. True story.

Does that guy in the middle have a beard?  It doesn't look right on him with the black facepaint.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #299 on: May 15, 2011, 08:11:28 PM »
Gorgeous woman I've had the hots for for ten years just moved back from half a state away - and invited me to come down to her house.

I think I'm going to be really, really forward. If things go wrong, I can always leave.

You've got this. Just don't be too forward and lose your chance.