Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 825568 times)

msninja

• The Crafty NInja
Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #150 on: April 26, 2011, 02:43:55 PM »
That's a stunning pic Rishenko! 'Grats!

LauraMars

• Helper
« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2011, 03:05:03 PM »
i like that rock.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

rishenko

« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2011, 03:13:03 PM »
Kismetic: Devil's Lake State Park, Wisconsin

Thanks, everybody. :) I do wish I could have went back during sunrise or sunset for a better color range and lighting conditions.

Lizzie

« Reply #153 on: April 26, 2011, 07:17:55 PM »
I got a job. Little cashier part time minimum wage gig, but it's pretty much exactly the kind of work I'm looking for. Just enough hours to cover grocery money, gas, and the phone bill, during hours where I actually get to interact with other human beings and still get home in time to make dinner.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Kismetic

« Reply #154 on: April 26, 2011, 07:21:38 PM »
Congrats, Lizzie.
"Well, Gary, if that even is your real name ...  somebody stole my computer.  Now, if you're a criminal--  Look at me! ... You have to tell me, legally, or else it's considered entrapment."  -- Andy Dwyer

Barzalene

« Reply #155 on: April 26, 2011, 08:08:36 PM »
One of my photos has been chosen for the cover of a state's natural resources/parks magazine.
Show us! :D

Here you go. What I find interesting is that it's definitely not one of my best, and is an all in all average photo. But, they like it, and I'm cool with that. :)

That is gorgeous!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

boog

« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2011, 08:53:36 PM »
Hung out with my mom (and her friend Shelton. When I mention her, the other is insinuated as being there too, eheh) and took her to Five Guys'! It was actually really good and not as horribly expensive as I expected it to be with how much everyone complained about 'the price for what you get'.

And the bouquet arrived at her work place too. :) :) :) Whee.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Chettaman

• Helper
    • Facebook!
« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2011, 09:00:39 PM »
Sigh... Killeen, Texas... If I had to describe you. You would have to be the butthole of texas. but. I feel like if my work brought me anywhere but here I wouldn't of been able to throw one of my bosses on his back and put him in a choke hold and then get a pat on the back for it.
Live like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

MeTekillot

« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2011, 07:17:50 AM »

I found this touching.
It's a lot more admirable to be strong in a game where strength comes at enormous risks.

Kol

« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2011, 11:13:05 AM »
Got myself a windows phone today, Things going to make my life so much easier.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Marshmellow

« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2011, 12:18:15 PM »
Like becoming a eunuch makes things easier.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Kol

« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2011, 04:34:12 PM »
Like becoming a eunuch makes things easier.

Yhea, so far I've found I can't connect to android phones, my biggest complaint as yet. gimmie time.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

boog

« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2011, 05:16:47 PM »

I found this touching.

is there something you need to tell us, Met?
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

valeria

• I have a writing page.
« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2011, 05:56:41 PM »
I have an interview with a judge on the state court of appeals for an externship in her chambers in the fall.  The interview isn't until July, but still... so excited!  I'm positive I can nail this interview.  The best part is that I have been in front of this judge before, a year or so back, when she was a judge in the district court where the attorney I was interning with practiced, and she remembers me!  That has to be good.

I am now a happy puppy.
Too gay to function since the early 2000s.
I do writing.

Barzalene

« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2011, 06:03:55 PM »
I have an interview with a judge on the state court of appeals for an externship in her chambers in the fall.  The interview isn't until July, but still... so excited!  I'm positive I can nail this interview.  The best part is that I have been in front of this judge before, a year or so back, when she was a judge in the district court where the attorney I was interning with practiced, and she remembers me!  That has to be good.

I am now a happy puppy.

Yay you!!!!

That's huge. And awesome!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Barzalene

« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2011, 06:05:59 PM »
Another clean CT scan for dad.

Cindy42

« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2011, 06:10:11 PM »
Through the forest of fear about the difficulties of doing such a thing, I have finally, officially decided to try to become a lawyer.

Thank goodness the only degree I thought worth bothering with was a humanities--- you need a four year human-related degree to apply.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Yam

« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2011, 06:27:50 PM »
Through the forest of fear about the difficulties of doing such a thing, I have finally, officially decided to try to become a lawyer.

Thank goodness the only degree I thought worth bothering with was a humanities--- you need a four year human-related degree to apply.

Like hell you do!

Cindy42

« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2011, 06:29:27 PM »

Like hell you do!

Well, a four-year degree, anyway. The humanities part was said by my college, who are a bunch of lazy, lying cheapskates intent on screwing over students in every way possible.
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Symphony

« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2011, 09:16:05 PM »
Through the forest of fear about the difficulties of doing such a thing, I have finally, officially decided to  :(try :'( to become a lawyer.

You do not try. You do or you do not. Get your head in the game and now, my best wishes!  :-*

- Symph

No no you see, by date Ghost means "chased his wife around the house with his penis till she cried".

MeTekillot

« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2011, 10:04:21 PM »
It's a lot more admirable to be strong in a game where strength comes at enormous risks.

boog

« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2011, 10:19:41 PM »
I have to say, I love tumblr, too:

There is only one boog.

MeTekillot

« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2011, 10:28:11 PM »
Not gay, by the way.

amish overlord

« Reply #173 on: April 27, 2011, 10:55:24 PM »
We had computer issues at work, it went down for some time so I couldn't do anything, came back up 15 minutes before was off and had my last 15 minute break so I took it. My boss eventually found me like 7 minutes before along with the other people getting off and made us go back to work. I did one very quick thing, set myself to away. Then clocked out.

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

Cindy42

« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2011, 01:16:54 AM »
Through the forest of fear about the difficulties of doing such a thing, I have finally, officially decided to  :(try :'( to become a lawyer.

You do not try. You do or you do not. Get your head in the game and now, my best wishes!  :-*

- Symph

Lucky for your ideals, that word was sort of a nonsequitor. Or whatever I'm imagining that word to be right now.

I found out a few years ago, to my surprise, that I greatly enjoyed reading law-related papers. A few months ago, I watched Dark Knight and thought... what I wouldn't give to do that for a week, fill out forms, wear a tux, and then stand in front of a jury and convince them this man is innocent. If I could do that for the rest of my life I'd die a happy woman.

Not gay, by the way.

I might be turning bisexual. Not sure yet.
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!