Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 1005050 times)

ChuciPeppers

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #16850 on: February 21, 2020, 08:05:06 PM »
Rewatching the last Democratic Primary Debate from Nevada. It's like Elizabeth Warren was watching Kate McKinnon on SNL doing Badass Warren and was finally like 'hold my beer'. Damn that was spicy.
First the sweet, then the heat.

DesertT

« Reply #16851 on: March 31, 2020, 08:19:07 PM »
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
« Reply #16852 on: April 02, 2020, 09:13:32 PM »
Just noticed that Mudlet's front page feature's ArmMUD in one of their screenshots.

Shaydee

« Reply #16853 on: April 03, 2020, 08:55:22 PM »
After thirty-five days (but I mean who's counting), I finally received another email from my husband, it was backdated to March 9th, but it was something and I have definitely been needing something.

Literally an hour or so before that I had finally emailed the -blank- asking about whether COVID-19 was going to affect him coming home and she basically told me he would be home soon - granted who knows how long that actually means but still!! Anyway I was so happy I cried, and I have basically been crying all day but, happy crying because I miss him so much and I can't wait to see him again and I am so glad this whole lockdown is not going to delay him coming home.

DesertT

« Reply #16854 on: April 07, 2020, 11:47:46 AM »

Pale Horse

« Reply #16855 on: April 09, 2020, 03:13:38 PM »
Something that has not so much made me happy, but has made me..humble, grateful and appreciative.

Since taking over a senior management position with my company I've always had the thought or doubt in the back of my mind of "am I good enough for this position."  "Are my efforts making a difference."  "Is what I am doing..sufficient.  Is it meeting the expectations of the owners of the company."  "Is what I am doing not going to get me fired."

I had my first quarter review, today, with all three owners of the company. 

It lasted 25 minutes. 

25 minutes of me having to sit, process and accept what all three were telling me.

I've never been told that "(I'm) the best manager they've had in that position ever."  That "in the fourteen years (they've) been in business, this is the first time (they've) never not had to worry about who (they've) had running this department of the company."  That they didn't know how to express it, but that when they first brought me in as a basic grunt, when they first met me, they thought "(we) really don't want to lose this guy."

I could only express my gratitude for their confidence in me, for the (significant) increase to my yearly income that came with the review and my commitment to continuing to do the best that I can for them and the company.

I now have a nice bonus coming to my next check on top of my raise, as well as a good chunk of change to "do something nice" for my department employees.

Times are tough right now and for the foreseeable future they look to continue to be tough and I am very grateful for the position that I'm in and the company with which I work.

..still completely terrified of screwing things up, though ;)
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Hauwke

« Reply #16856 on: April 09, 2020, 05:22:55 PM »
Something that has not so much made me happy, but has made me..humble, grateful and appreciative.

Since taking over a senior management position with my company I've always had the thought or doubt in the back of my mind of "am I good enough for this position."  "Are my efforts making a difference."  "Is what I am doing..sufficient.  Is it meeting the expectations of the owners of the company."  "Is what I am doing not going to get me fired."

I had my first quarter review, today, with all three owners of the company. 

It lasted 25 minutes. 

25 minutes of me having to sit, process and accept what all three were telling me.

I've never been told that "(I'm) the best manager they've had in that position ever."  That "in the fourteen years (they've) been in business, this is the first time (they've) never not had to worry about who (they've) had running this department of the company."  That they didn't know how to express it, but that when they first brought me in as a basic grunt, when they first met me, they thought "(we) really don't want to lose this guy."

I could only express my gratitude for their confidence in me, for the (significant) increase to my yearly income that came with the review and my commitment to continuing to do the best that I can for them and the company.

I now have a nice bonus coming to my next check on top of my raise, as well as a good chunk of change to "do something nice" for my department employees.

Times are tough right now and for the foreseeable future they look to continue to be tough and I am very grateful for the position that I'm in and the company with which I work.

..still completely terrified of screwing things up, though ;)

That's amazing, congratulations.

Aruven

« Reply #16857 on: April 16, 2020, 03:25:09 AM »
Seeing this after a decade and concluding the first minute is for sure the most epic opening i've ever seen

DesertT

« Reply #16858 on: April 19, 2020, 03:08:31 PM »
10 Things We Learned From Vanilla Ice's 1991 Autobiography, Ice by Ice
BY JAKE ROSSEN
OCTOBER 5, 2017

1. HE CUT HIS OWN HAIR.

2. HE DOESN’T CRY.

3. HE GOT STABBED IN THE BUTT AND LOST FOUR PINTS OF BLOOD.

4. HE WORE MISMATCHED SNEAKERS TO SCHOOL.

5. IF HE HAD A PROBLEM, HE REALLY WOULD SOLVE IT.

6. HE WOULD SOMETIMES USE DIRTY WORDS.

7. HE WAS ORIGINALLY KNOWN AS VANILLA M.C.

8. HE WAS DRAWN TO WOMEN FOR THEIR LOOKS.

9. HE GOT AN OFFER TO APPEAR IN A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET SEQUEL.

10. HE WAS STALKED BY A SATANIST.

Okay now, which one of you....     ::) :o ;D

For the full article: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/504978/10-things-we-learned-vanilla-ices-1990-autobiography-ice-ice

Aruven

« Reply #16859 on: April 21, 2020, 11:29:18 AM »
https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/ivy-league-free-online-courses-a0d7ae675869/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosdeepdives&stream=top

That link is a free resource to online content made available to the public for no cost. Pretty awesome! Thought i'd share, it made me happy to see.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #16860 on: April 23, 2020, 04:41:23 AM »
While reading through some documents for a town that my D&D group is about to travel to, I found this little tid-bit.

I immediately thought to myself, "Heh. I found the D&D-equivalent of Chalton Leather boots."
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Chettaman

• Helper
    • Facebook!
« Reply #16861 on: April 23, 2020, 06:50:16 PM »
Dammit. Of course I'd be posting under gunnerblaster. We continue to share the same destiny. Check it out, Matt. The thing that made me happy may also make you happy.

This morning when I woke up, for some reason I was thinking about all the children I have an unstoppable need to protect (because my sister's son for some reason isn't one of them and I want him to be) and I thought of gunnerblaster's niece.
Her mother had come with me on a hurrication. (vacation during a hurricane) We ''escaped'' to Louisiana from South Carolina. Well. For reasons unknown, her mother drove with her boyfriend at the time and I drove the eight-year old, which of course, I didn't mind, I love that little girl.
Anyway, we left at night (for some reason) and I'm no longer a night creature. So we stopped and slept someplace - and while driving I saw a sunrise that was so beautiful. I woke up the girl. And she agreed. It was beautiful. It was the first time she had seen a sunrise. I can be proud of that.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

DesertT

« Reply #16862 on: April 23, 2020, 07:35:17 PM »
!!Armageddon Discord Karaoke!!

clown alt

« Reply #16863 on: April 24, 2020, 10:18:57 AM »
!!Armageddon Discord Karaoke!!

DISCLAIMER: this posting implies DesertT has talent as a singer or rapper but as a matter of public health we must inform you he does not.

James de Monet

« Reply #16864 on: May 01, 2020, 11:56:28 PM »
My brother texted that the quarantine beer fairy was going to visit me.

And then he left three bottles of Pliny the Elder on my porch.

True love.
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Chettaman

• Helper
    • Facebook!
« Reply #16865 on: May 12, 2020, 10:40:19 AM »
I've junked so much food to roleplay feeding my mounts.

To find out that feed is a real command now... *year
What more could I have asked for?
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Fathi

« Reply #16866 on: May 16, 2020, 12:12:12 AM »
My brother texted that the quarantine beer fairy was going to visit me.

And then he left three bottles of Pliny the Elder on my porch.

True love.

He's a keeper.

I've been playing beer fairy for my in-laws, they live in the middle of forested nowhere outside of town so I get big deliveries from the local brewery atm, then leave them on my deck. In-laws appear sometime in the night and beer disappears. Either that or a horrible beer-swilling monster lives under my deck now. I guess we'll see if it turns on us when we run out of beer.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Blink

« Reply #16867 on: May 19, 2020, 03:56:42 PM »
I've got an appointment for a hair cut!!  So excited!  I cut my hair around week 3 of Stay-at-Home.  It looked okay for about a week then started looking awful so I cut it again around week 5.  Big mistake.  I've been wearing a hat or a scarf for any trips outside my home.

Today is the first day that hair salons could be open where I live.  My usual place is not open yet but when I phoned, the owner and a couple of staff were there setting things up to be Covid compliant.

Dar

« Reply #16868 on: May 20, 2020, 12:34:01 PM »
SOMEONE NOMINATED ME FOR A MOTHER SHITTING NEBULA AWARD what the heck!!!!

So would that be some kind of a stellar diarrhea?

Congrats, Fathi! Whoa

WarriorPoet

« Reply #16869 on: May 22, 2020, 07:56:54 AM »
Two years ago I spent my tax return on a vinyl printer and laptop for my wife. I expected it to be a brief hobby that would end up abandoned like a dozen others over the years. She proved me very wrong.

Yesterday she made1,500$. In one day. She took it and ran with it and is now a successful small business, growing every day  My pride is limitless.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...