Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 901551 times)

Shaydee

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #16825 on: October 15, 2019, 09:56:39 PM »
I might have found my husband and I someone to play Pathfinder with regularly once he gets home, and I got free kids books today for our little boy!

and Yesterday, I started DMing a campaign, its just me and my husband and we are playing over the phone but I'm super proud of my progress as a DM, still have a long way to go but I'm getting there!  :D

Lizzie

« Reply #16826 on: October 16, 2019, 10:59:27 AM »
We got an agreement from a lovely family to buy our house yesterday afternoon! I was here when they came for the showing so I remember exactly who they are. The mother (who the house is for, she looks to be in her 80's) had this calm, quiet sense of joy in her eyes when she came out of the house and looked over our back yard.

I hope she loves our yard as much as I have over the past 18 years. I'll miss my Mama Maple (pictured).

I'll be living in the Villages, Florida, as of November 4.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Thomoto

« Reply #16827 on: October 16, 2019, 04:46:37 PM »

Finally went cloths shopping after a while, its been due for a while. Found a badass hoodie so I don't have to freeze my arse off while I wait for the bus.

No complaints!  ;D

Hi pah human tribals, are you bad?

*arrows*

Shaydee

« Reply #16828 on: October 17, 2019, 11:32:53 PM »
Casually mentioned playing armageddon while watching Matthew Colville YouTube videos on my Twitter, might have got some of my favorite D&D podcasters interested in giving it a shot 🙌🏻   :D

Bebop

« Reply #16829 on: October 19, 2019, 06:35:09 PM »
We got the old stove and sink out of my camper which leaves room to use an electric cooktop and so much more counter surface.  Not to mention a counter that actually matches with everything else I've done.  I'm so freaking excited!  I leave in two weeks and it's all coming together.

Pale Horse

« Reply #16830 on: November 19, 2019, 06:51:31 PM »
Not so much actively "happy" as..."greeting the opportunity with satisfaction, eagerness and drive."

I've recently been promoted to Assistant Manager in the Company for whom I work.  It was made very clear prior to my promotion that I would be transitioning into the Manager's position within a couple months and would have turn over during that time with my Boss, who would be moving out of state to take up a different Manager position for another part of the company as soon as he passed some State required testing and certifications.

Reality hit us all in the face, however, when an emergency situation came up last week and the Company Owners told him to get boots on the ground now and speed up his training, testing and certification passing ASAP.  I was tossed the keys, the Manager's phone, shown where the important paperwork was kept and told CC him in any e-mails but unless it's a dire emergency, the office and 12 employees are mine to handle.

Am I worried?  Not really.  This was pretty much the exact same sort of turn-over I'd come to expect and routinely deal with in the Air Force.  I'm eager to get going.  I've got interviews to do, employees to discipline/terminate, scheduling to beat into submission and annual reviews to write up/process.  I'm finally back into a position and responsibility load that I'm used to and it feel great.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

valeria

• I have a writing page.
« Reply #16831 on: November 20, 2019, 07:49:56 AM »
I hit 50k words in NaNoWriMo recently.  Now I just need to finish the damn book ;D

Which is an adult a fantasy and only maybe 1/4 done.  And then I need to revise the last book.  And go on submission again.  And finish my new website and post a bunch of my short stories.  But never mind all that, I'm HAPPY RIGHT NOW.
A Kuraci regular shouts, in sirihish:
     "Bad move, fool!"
A Kuraci regular slashes a filthy grey rat on its body.