Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 818349 times)

Cind

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #16750 on: February 04, 2019, 05:46:46 AM »
That video's hilarious. I could see a world where most half-giants were like this.

Its like he got dumber with every twenty seconds that passed.
Playing something new could be just what you need!

Bebop

« Reply #16751 on: February 04, 2019, 04:47:14 PM »
Because it's icy out the office is closed again today.  (It was closed a couple of days last week due to the polar vortex too.)  I really did not feel like interacting with people today so it works out for me.  However, working out of you bed in your PJs is not the most comfy productive way to work.  I really need a good desk.

Hauwke

« Reply #16752 on: February 04, 2019, 05:19:24 PM »
I invested in a good home desk and padded chair for just this purpose. Now almost all of my sitting while at home is done there. Chilling watching tv? Feet up on the corner of the desk and leaned back in my chair. Playing games? Desk. Just sitting for awhile? Desk.

My couch has been missing me I bet.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #16753 on: February 11, 2019, 02:31:06 AM »
Ran my 2nd session as DM tonight. My group is having a great time. I'm low-key tapping into my years of ARM experience to give them easy-to-remember character descriptions (Ie: The curly-haired, dark eyed human woman, etc).

I also spent 3 hours regaling someone whose never played ARM about the escapades I've had as various characters, throughout the years. They now wish to play.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Hauwke

« Reply #16754 on: February 11, 2019, 04:48:10 AM »
Ran my 2nd session as DM tonight. My group is having a great time. I'm low-key tapping into my years of ARM experience to give them easy-to-remember character descriptions (Ie: The curly-haired, dark eyed human woman, etc).

I also spent 3 hours regaling someone whose never played ARM about the escapades I've had as various characters, throughout the years. They now wish to play.

More meat for the grinder!

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #16755 on: February 11, 2019, 06:06:22 AM »
Sometimes you make a point or explain something and it's succinct and clear and expresses exactly what you want to express. That is a great feeling.

Bebop

« Reply #16756 on: February 14, 2019, 05:18:24 PM »
Oh my gosh!  My job is offering to put me on full-time.  I am stoked.  I will have a totally sustainable salary and be working for this dream organization that I've been totally in love with working here in accounting and HR for the past seven months.  I am beyond pumped right now.  I'll be working more hours, which is meh.  But I think it's for the best and I'm so excited.

Rumor

« Reply #16757 on: February 18, 2019, 01:18:01 PM »
Oh my gosh!  My job is offering to put me on full-time.  I am stoked.  I will have a totally sustainable salary and be working for this dream organization that I've been totally in love with working here in accounting and HR for the past seven months.  I am beyond pumped right now.  I'll be working more hours, which is meh.  But I think it's for the best and I'm so excited.

Congrats! Getting not only fulfillment but feeling compensated financially from your job is not always the case. That's awesome and sounds like a very good thing.

Cind

« Reply #16758 on: February 19, 2019, 04:31:09 AM »
I've discovered lofi videos on youtube. It really helps you relax and helps bring my energy down.
Playing something new could be just what you need!

Bebop

« Reply #16759 on: February 21, 2019, 12:11:02 PM »

Congrats! Getting not only fulfillment but feeling compensated financially from your job is not always the case. That's awesome and sounds like a very good thing.

Thank you!  Yes!  I'm so stoked.  Right now I'm considered accounting, but they're adding operations to my title (which is a little past due since I do HR in addition to AP and AR).  Working part-time was really chill, but I'm excited about digging in.  I work for a non-profit.  It's such a great organization.  To my own ends it's really cool for this to become a sustainable career type of position as to opposed to a demanding side gig.  Downside is I'll have less free time but that's okay.   ;D

Riev

« Reply #16760 on: February 21, 2019, 02:53:44 PM »

Thank you!  Yes!  I'm so stoked.  Right now I'm considered accounting, but they're adding operations to my title (which is a little past due since I do HR in addition to AP and AR).  Working part-time was really chill, but I'm excited about digging in.  I work for a non-profit.  It's such a great organization.  To my own ends it's really cool for this to become a sustainable career type of position as to opposed to a demanding side gig.  Downside is I'll have less free time but that's okay.   ;D

Welcome to the wonderful world of Accounting and HR are the same department 90% of the time.

I got lucky and moved into the Billing Side early, but a lot of my goals and intentions are actually firmly HR rooted. I've been in my position two and a half years now, and for the past 9 months or so, I've been focusing less on "billing" and more "How can we automate this so I can surf reddit".

So far... I turned a 3 hour active engagement process into 3 hours of "do anything else, and just run the next file because the system takes care of it for you." and people think I may be a wizard. Those same people also refuse to use my scripts.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Bebop

« Reply #16761 on: February 21, 2019, 03:43:56 PM »

Welcome to the wonderful world of Accounting and HR are the same department 90% of the time.

I got lucky and moved into the Billing Side early, but a lot of my goals and intentions are actually firmly HR rooted. I've been in my position two and a half years now, and for the past 9 months or so, I've been focusing less on "billing" and more "How can we automate this so I can surf reddit".

So far... I turned a 3 hour active engagement process into 3 hours of "do anything else, and just run the next file because the system takes care of it for you." and people think I may be a wizard. Those same people also refuse to use my scripts.

What baffles me is how this was ever considered a part time position.  AR/AP ... bank reconciliations and HR.  During the summer have like over 50 staff.   Currently working on getting the reconciliation for the bank statements and credit card statements more automated.  At my last job, I was in banking and mortgage processing and got most of that origination process digital which I was proud of.

Riev

« Reply #16762 on: February 22, 2019, 03:39:05 PM »
Depending on the responsibilities of the position, I could see it.

I was hired 3 years ago as, basically, "the guy who gets the Prior Authorizations for the clients". It was a full time job, tracking down paperwork and following up with the payers.

Today, its literally a part time job. It is done in a half-position, mostly just on the 1st and 15th of the month. So I'm sure, given time and that Ginger touch, it'll be "that thing you do but it takes like an hour a week".
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

MeTekillot

« Reply #16763 on: February 23, 2019, 02:30:37 AM »
Good moshpit.

MeTekillot

« Reply #16764 on: March 01, 2019, 10:48:13 PM »
There's this memory I have stuck from playing my first MUD Amitoune where a group of, I think, 2-3 players were sitting around bullshitting in one of the safe, no-pvp zones. It had these spell tomes and buff books and things like that you could use, as you're won't to do in RPGs. One of the people asked another if he had Facebook, and he said "no, but I do have this" and he pulled out a spellbook called "The Book of Many Faces". I still remember that to this day.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #16765 on: March 09, 2019, 01:22:12 PM »
Totally crushed my descriptive essay for English 1101. Thank you, emoting in Armageddon.
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

nessalin

• Board Administrator
« Reply #16766 on: March 13, 2019, 05:19:55 PM »
"I wanna be an architect"

Bebop

« Reply #16767 on: March 26, 2019, 11:42:27 AM »
Today is day 3 of a refined sugar detox and I feel like I'm doing pretty good and able to sleep better.

Cerelum

« Reply #16768 on: March 26, 2019, 12:13:26 PM »
Today is day 3 of a refined sugar detox and I feel like I'm doing pretty good and able to sleep better.

Girl I work with swears by this shit.

SUGAR SUPPRESS 60 - Stops Sweet Craving and Blocks Sugar in 60 Seconds Guaranteed - Controls Appetite - 60 Tablets https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01759578S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_L9KMCbXJ4ZW0A
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Yeah, seriously...find out OOC.

Bebop

« Reply #16769 on: March 26, 2019, 02:20:24 PM »

Girl I work with swears by this shit.

SUGAR SUPPRESS 60 - Stops Sweet Craving and Blocks Sugar in 60 Seconds Guaranteed - Controls Appetite - 60 Tablets https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01759578S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_L9KMCbXJ4ZW0A

Looks a LITTLE sketchy :)) interesting though.

I'm trying to go the natural route and also getting back to a whole food plant-based diet.

Honestly, what helps me is eating a little bit of all natural peanut butter to have something in my stomach and moving on.  I eat fruit too which also helps.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #16770 on: April 13, 2019, 02:32:49 PM »
I won my bid at work and will be retuning to living during daylight. This FINALLY means time for Arm.

HERE I COME, LABYRINTH!
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

perfecto

« Reply #16771 on: April 16, 2019, 11:48:42 AM »
Cable guy finally showed up at the new place... I has Arm again  ::)
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Akaramu

« Reply #16772 on: April 19, 2019, 12:20:06 PM »
My mom (age 68) got her first smartphone and it's so cute. She asked me if she has to switch it off after every call to save power  ;D

MeTekillot

« Reply #16773 on: April 27, 2019, 12:06:38 AM »
Got too drunk and a friend of mine babysat me. Just guys being dudes.

Nile

« Reply #16774 on: April 28, 2019, 03:30:12 AM »
Got my friends intrigued by Armageddon and we watched the arena event on my TV while I was playing. A first for me.
Free your hate.