Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 840997 times)

ShaLeah

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #16675 on: October 12, 2018, 07:10:23 AM »
Work today was one of those "this is why I signed up for this shit" days.
Don't vaguebook that! Share please!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Synthesis

« Reply #16676 on: October 12, 2018, 06:47:46 PM »
Work today was one of those "this is why I signed up for this shit" days.
Don't vaguebook that! Share please!

Ran about a mile out in the desert with rifles and a K9 looking for somebody.  On the walk back, a home-invasion-in-progress call comes in, so we have to haul ass back to the vehicles, then drive really, really fast across town to chase some Really Bad Dudes with a stolen truck full of stolen guns.

Ahh, the smell of burning brakes in the autumn air.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

boog

« Reply #16677 on: October 13, 2018, 01:42:58 PM »
I got a haircut and it's kinda cute.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Pale Horse

« Reply #16678 on: October 13, 2018, 08:48:41 PM »
Someone called and said they found my cat who's been missing for two and a half weeks!

It's good having him back.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Medena

« Reply #16679 on: October 18, 2018, 07:49:35 PM »

It's the second day of weed being legal in Canada.  I haven't smoked it in quite a while but the prospect of going shopping for some in a government run store was very alluring!  There was a half hour wait to get inside and so the couple ahead of me was amusing themselves by giving "exit interviews" to people as they left.  One guy, looking dazed, said he'd been in there about an hour.  He said "It was like an Apple store!"

And it was!  All kinds of friendly, helpful staff wandering around and explaining where things were, how you ordered, what different things on the sample labelling meant.  You could see and smell all the different products.  They were labelled with percentage of THC and CBD, where they were grown, and descriptions which were a lot like wine descriptions "Pungent earthy smell with rich fruity tones" or "Tantalizing citrus notes".    The staff were very knowledgeable.  They could advise if something gave a light buzz, heavy buzz, back pain relief, etc etc.

I bought 1 gram each of three different kinds. And a purple pipe.  I'm a sucker for all things purple.  They had pre-rolled joints too but they were kind of expensive.  I'm high just on the experience!  :-)
Quote from: J S Bach
If it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #16680 on: October 18, 2018, 08:56:39 PM »
I am so jealous   :-X :-[ :'(
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

Feco

« Reply #16681 on: October 19, 2018, 12:19:31 PM »
Sunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Malken

« Reply #16682 on: October 19, 2018, 12:43:15 PM »

One guy, looking dazed, said he'd been in there about an hour.  He said "It was like an Apple store!"

And it was!  All kinds of friendly, helpful staff wandering around and explaining where things were, how you ordered, what different things on the sample labelling meant. 

Yeah, mine looks like that :) (in Montreal)

ďWhen I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horseís feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back.Ē

Kol

« Reply #16683 on: October 19, 2018, 01:39:00 PM »
I got a payrise today!

Only took 2 years, but I managed it.

8)
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #16684 on: October 27, 2018, 01:15:28 PM »
Warning: Scenes of animated, graphic violence in video.

This video and a comment on it.

"YOU CANíT GET PTSD FROM A TRAUMATIC EVENT WHEN YOU ARE THE TRAUMATIC EVENT."
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 01:17:00 PM by Gunnerblaster »
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Bebop

« Reply #16685 on: November 02, 2018, 12:19:42 AM »
When the Imms start an RPT on the weekend you have a four day weekend.  Awwww yiss.  Time to veg.

Bebop

« Reply #16686 on: November 02, 2018, 12:37:25 AM »
Me rn

WarriorPoet

« Reply #16687 on: November 04, 2018, 05:50:27 PM »
Bohemian Rhapsody was awesome.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

ShaLeah

« Reply #16688 on: November 04, 2018, 08:49:59 PM »
Bohemian Rhapsody was awesome.

Going Tuesday.  Can't wait.

Ttmmht? Pork belly.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

boog

« Reply #16689 on: November 09, 2018, 12:17:43 PM »
I bought my first gun today!

It wasn't the gun in crushing on, but with little kids around, I liked the added grip safety.

My gun crush is a Kimber Micro 380. So expensive though.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

Synthesis

« Reply #16690 on: November 13, 2018, 08:19:34 PM »
I bought the most retarded over-the-top SUV...oh man.  Makes me giggle like a little kid every time I see it.

Excursion 7.3L turbodiesel 4x4 with a 6" lift on 36" ATs.  It's absolutely hilarious.

Not it, but pretty close:

Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

razorback

« Reply #16691 on: November 13, 2018, 08:48:04 PM »
I bought the most retarded over-the-top SUV...oh man.  Makes me giggle like a little kid every time I see it.

Excursion 7.3L turbodiesel 4x4 with a 6" lift on 36" ATs.  It's absolutely hilarious.

Not it, but pretty close:

In the immortal word of Bill and Ted: "EXCELLENT!"
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

manipura

« Reply #16692 on: November 14, 2018, 05:20:27 AM »

It wasn't the gun in crushing on, but with little kids around, I liked the added grip safety.

So what did you get instead?

Pale Horse

« Reply #16693 on: November 15, 2018, 04:54:53 PM »
I got a letter from my State's tax commission a couple weeks ago informing me that there had been a mistake made several years back and I was never issued my state tax refund for that year and would be mailing me a check within the next 30 days.  I thought "huh..well, that's cool" and kept it in mind.

Said check showed up in my mail, today...with a twin.  I was about to call my tax commission to let them know they had shipped me double the listed refund when I looked over the initial letter once again..and unfolded the bottom part I had failed to notice was folded and saw that, nope: the money was mine.

Happy birthday to me.
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

boog

« Reply #16694 on: November 15, 2018, 06:56:18 PM »

M&P EZ Shield 380, for the extra safety.
There is only one boog.

boog

« Reply #16695 on: November 16, 2018, 12:09:16 AM »
I got a letter from my State's tax commission a couple weeks ago informing me that there had been a mistake made several years back and I was never issued my state tax refund for that year and would be mailing me a check within the next 30 days.  I thought "huh..well, that's cool" and kept it in mind.

Said check showed up in my mail, today...with a twin.  I was about to call my tax commission to let them know they had shipped me double the listed refund when I looked over the initial letter once again..and unfolded the bottom part I had failed to notice was folded and saw that, nope: the money was mine.

Happy birthday to me.

Whatcha buying with that moola, dude?!
There is only one boog.

Pale Horse

« Reply #16696 on: November 16, 2018, 08:34:17 AM »

Happy birthday to me.

Whatcha buying with that moola, dude?!

Right now...nothing.

I'm too much in the mindset of "something's wrong, here" because my story got weird after I deposited my checks.  I went to toss everything into my checking account when I noticed that it was reading a surplus from what it should have been...by over 5k.  The teller then informed me that I received a payment from the Military for said amount..and I'm not sure why.

There's been some discrepancies with my pay for a few months and I filed a reimbursement for some travel I did earlier in the year..but I didn't think it'd all equal out to that much.  I need to call my finance office and find out what the heck happened.

I'm not used to having financial windfalls come my way.  I'm in a "bunker down and prepare for the inevitable storm that life's going to throw at you as soon as your guard is down because this is an obvious trick" sort of mood.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #16697 on: November 16, 2018, 09:38:58 AM »
Wait so you just got three major paydays from the government in a short span? It's hush money for that thing you saw you weren't supposed to see. Don't question it or you'll end up "committing suicide" or dying tragically in a burglary gone wrong.

ShaLeah

« Reply #16698 on: November 16, 2018, 12:37:16 PM »
Seeing:

Also, if we were making a recipe for an existing item, would that be something we'd use a portion of our master-crafting quota on? Because unless that item is cool from an OOC perspective, most folks won't want to spend that valuable commodity doing that.

If it doesn't use that quota, then Bushranger, I'd say additional recipes to make the same item aren't a bad investment.

I see you Venomz!

manipura

« Reply #16699 on: November 17, 2018, 01:47:00 AM »

M&P EZ Shield 380, for the extra safety.

Ohh, I like it.  It has pretty great reviews too. 
I usually have a tricky time racking the slide but the general consensus with this one, at least according to the reviews Iíve seen, is that itís nice and manageable to use.