Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 1090873 times)

triste

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #16925 on: September 18, 2020, 06:04:51 PM »
For whatever reason I was just informed now, but an essay I wrote was used as one of three "digital keynote speeches" used by my Alma Mater for the graduating class of 2020. So I guess I can call myself a Keynote Speaker for a college graduating class now. I just hope the essay was helpful as that was my intent in writing it.

Also during a goofy team building Puzzle Break thing at Google my team finished in first place yesterday. At one point, being a nerd, I said "And that puzzle was called a Caesar's cypher," after we solved it. I am two for two on "finishing first place in team building Puzzle Room events," but also credit to my coworkers ofc. Tons of fun and tons of talent.

Last thing that made me happy is I was nominated to be on the Board of Directors for my local chapter of Habitat for Humanity because I have volunteered for them for a while.

I have hangups and strong principles but sometimes it's appreciated.
will do my best to maintain https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/, message me if something there needs an update.

Lotion

« Reply #16926 on: September 19, 2020, 10:26:03 AM »
Arr! Today be talk like a pirate day.
25 lines :)

Subrosa

« Reply #16927 on: September 19, 2020, 04:20:18 PM »
My roomie, after surgery and after the cone was removed. He's quite happy now. He has a cute heart under his bib.

He spread his hands as if to say, 'the rest was inevitable'.

Aruven

« Reply #16928 on: September 23, 2020, 04:49:34 PM »
Me reading the GDB and not being on discord so this is my only OOC interaction with this community:

Thomoto

« Reply #16929 on: September 27, 2020, 01:53:36 AM »
My roomie, after surgery and after the cone was removed. He's quite happy now. He has a cute heart under his bib.

Awww, so cute.

Me reading the GDB and not being on discord so this is my only OOC interaction with this community:

I feel ya bud.
resting as a city elf walking in the wilderness because "I was so close" and then got jumped by things that could easily kill me and I didn't have the stamina to escape.

triste

« Reply #16930 on: October 12, 2020, 12:00:36 PM »
A Monday procrastination five minute brain fart: I am glad that this game exists, in it's current form, after about thirty years.

I obviously wish for other stuff, like that the game had some features (The Allanak Problem thread et al says it all), I wish I had more time to play, but I am so grateful this game exists.

This came to mind today while I was reading the news, even though I haven't played Armageddon in days. I was reading an article about contention around Roe v. Wade and thought randomly, "I am so glad Armageddon has mul mix and doesn't make a big deal of it." I once apped a templar who wanted to tax and regulate water, alcohol, and mul mix, just because it was the most evil thing I could imagine and I wanted to try playing a lawful evil character to challenge myself.

Armageddon staff didn't approve my app for that templar. And good for them. That sort of violence against women has no fucking place in Zalanthas [minus in some niche tribal concept if you wish to play it, since Armageddon is also awesome and allows you to roleplay almost anything]. I just am glad we had great staffers who ensured this game isn't just balls for everyone. And to last about thirty years and evolve in such a climate? awesome

VOTE SANVEAN DOT HTML

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-sanvean.html
will do my best to maintain https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/, message me if something there needs an update.

Insigne

« Reply #16931 on: October 17, 2020, 07:41:04 AM »

This bike reflector. ❤️