Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 1051414 times)

triste

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #16900 on: July 13, 2020, 12:44:28 AM »
I bought a fancy motorbike and I'm gonna ride that bitch 300+ miles to the beach and back to camp out next weekend.

That's awesome, I got an RV/stealthvan recently and drove it about 600 miles over the July 4th weekend and am dying to do that more. I put in a monitor setup this weekend that draws power off of the solar system on the roof.
will do my best to maintain https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/, message me if something there needs an update.

Ourla

• My Art Blog
« Reply #16901 on: July 13, 2020, 10:42:53 PM »
I bought a fancy motorbike and I'm gonna ride that bitch 300+ miles to the beach and back to camp out next weekend.

That's awesome, I got an RV/stealthvan recently and drove it about 600 miles over the July 4th weekend and am dying to do that more. I put in a monitor setup this weekend that draws power off of the solar system on the roof.

Whaaaaaa! That sounds awesome! You should get a little scooter and pop it on the back of that thing for reconnaissance missions.
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

NinjaFruitSalad

« Reply #16902 on: July 13, 2020, 10:56:35 PM »
So, I've been babysitting a niece of mine, a couple times a week, usually. Today she happened to be enjoying card games and we were trying to make up some games of our own. Hm, what to do, what to do?

ARM to the rescue. I tried playing the game Fourteen with her. She really seemed to enjoy it and called it "the best game ever."  Now I know, coming from a seven-year-old, that's probably not too great of a compliment at face value, but you have to admit, anything that would keep a seven-year-old's attention for at least 30 minutes is noteworthy.   ;D

triste

« Reply #16903 on: July 13, 2020, 11:03:52 PM »

Whaaaaaa! That sounds awesome! You should get a little scooter and pop it on the back of that thing for reconnaissance missions.

Bwahah there are pics for anyone bored enough to care.

Your idea is brilliant, there is a hitch on the back where I could totally put a bike or scooter. Might well do it.

But yeah I think people who motorbike are legit AF, my ex did some ride for BLM recently. I justify my garbage by saying all the electrical work is solar powered so it's good for the environment that way; motorbikes are also fuel efficient and awesome. And what you do takes more guts.
will do my best to maintain https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/, message me if something there needs an update.

Ourla

• My Art Blog
« Reply #16904 on: July 14, 2020, 08:50:10 PM »
And what you do takes more guts.

It's never not terrifying. Your reflexes just get better.  ;D
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Doublepalli

« Reply #16905 on: July 14, 2020, 11:08:26 PM »
I'm not a father!! (Not in a financial position for one, and ended up luckily not)

Grew up without a dad or a strong sense of fam - when it happens I want to give that kid the world.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 11:18:32 PM by Doublepalli »

Halcyon

« Reply #16906 on: July 20, 2020, 09:45:23 PM »
Hibiki scotch is magnificent.  If you like sherry cask-finished scotch, I cannot recommend it highly enough.
Desert planet, your time has come. A storm is coming, our storm, and when it arrives it will shake the universe.
- Dune

James de Monet

« Reply #16907 on: July 22, 2020, 01:56:02 AM »
This page is like someone took the Kurac item catalog, and made it all real.
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

triste

« Reply #16908 on: July 27, 2020, 02:17:35 AM »
Sorry I took a giant dump on this thread earlier. Below is another giant dump an optional spiel on the topic of actually being happy.

Had a kickass weekend in Oregon and Norcal, mostly Guerneville, a town full of hippies, goths, lgbt peeps, hari krishnas, all sorts of peoples. Hung out with besties and their kids who are bilingual and kept saying my Spanish is good even though I think it's crap. These kids are adorbs and all admire Korra from The Last Airbender and got Korra energy to the max [the kids even all had a "favorite element" it was ridiculously cute]. They're all taking Capoeira classes and were doing crap like staging fights and pretending to cast magic on eachother. We went biking and I showed em some tricks like putting your feet on the handlebars, and then they proceeded to one up me by doing insane crap like standing on the top tube of the bike hands free. Never saw anything like it. The oldest kid in the group is also studying coding and I was able to help her with some work, and she kept asking questions about my job and was able to do savant-like crap like instantly know my annual wage after I told her how much I made in a day. The insane thing is all these kids were behind grade level before my friends started taking care of them and now they are making A's at grade level. Articles have been written about my friends because they some sort of super parents, and most importantly the kids seemed super happy.

People kept saying "our family" was cute but also were awkward because we are all races/punk.  At one point someone said "Are your kids Peruvian? They look Peruvian--Oh crap sorry I shouldn't have said that," to which me and my two friends said in unison "We don't believe in censorship," fucking literally in unison. We all looked at eachother like LOL, uh, then my friend said, "Well, we don't believe in censorship because we don't believe in conformity," which made us all laugh and broke the awkwardness.

So yeah, this shit made me happy, and I also got to see my other pals in Portland, who I am also exceedingly proud of. Thankfully, no one has Covid yet and I swear I am gonna self quarantine again when I am back home and not be a vector.