Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 840188 times)

triste

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #16775 on: April 28, 2019, 01:19:31 PM »
Got my friends intrigued by Armageddon and we watched the arena event on my TV while I was playing. A first for me.

That is awesome! As telnet gaming becomes more ‘vintage’/niche I love the idea of people showing it off like this.

Nile

• Oz Election Watch
« Reply #16776 on: April 30, 2019, 03:47:16 AM »
They actually all had a real good time too.
Free your hate.

azuriolinist

« Reply #16777 on: April 30, 2019, 06:53:34 AM »

Tell them to make PCs!!

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #16778 on: May 05, 2019, 09:10:02 PM »
One of the best feelings is when you apologize to someone (usually over some small argument that got overheated) and thereby put them into the position to have to counter-apologize.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #16779 on: May 05, 2019, 09:12:35 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's not how apologies are supposed to work.
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

Nile

• Oz Election Watch
« Reply #16780 on: May 06, 2019, 01:35:25 AM »

Tell them to make PCs!!

One said he would. I don't know if he will though.

Best thing about today is reading all my notes. Feel flattered at this: "Set karma to 3, for the best damn sneaky guild RP I have seen
in this game." and "Absolutely astounding use of semote and hemote when stalking victims in the rinth. Some of the best I've seen" ....The first comments when I came from a hack n slash are awful tho. Haha.

Also who has this? "has died from immortal fury, come revel in your power."

This is all for things that happened in 2012 at the latest so I presume its ok to post? Please remove if not and apologies.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 01:40:47 AM by Nile »
Free your hate.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #16781 on: May 06, 2019, 06:15:53 AM »
I'm pretty sure that's not how apologies are supposed to work.

Well no. But the other option is to continue arguing and getting upset or departing without clearing the air. If you only ever apologized when you felt you were genuinely wrong there would be a lot more useless bickering or awkward silence in the world.

Bebop

« Reply #16782 on: May 07, 2019, 07:23:50 PM »
I'm finally getting some answers about the throat/swelling issue I've had for over a year.  It looks like I have Laryngopharyngeal Reflux Disease.  There were pictures taken of my inner throat (camera down your nose is not fun), and it seems that my larynx are puffy which was weird to see.  Then Thursday I have an ultrasound just to be doubly sure nothing more insidious is wrong.  But it seems like good news so far.  I have been SO stressed this week about these tests.  I'll be really happy when the one on Thursday is over.

MeTekillot

« Reply #16783 on: May 09, 2019, 11:29:27 AM »
Man, I'm pretty.
Also, I like my cootch to have a pert pink color and nice smell. Knowing my luck I would bonk someone with AIDs, get rotten box, and die miserable.

Bebop

« Reply #16784 on: May 09, 2019, 04:37:27 PM »
Whew!  From my doctor ---

No problem. The report shows great news: "Ultrasound does not demonstrate any suspicious localizable abnormality." Have a great day!

Cerelum

« Reply #16785 on: May 10, 2019, 12:56:39 AM »
On the subject of doctors.  Went to my doctor for my diabetes checkup and for the first time in years, my diet and medication are actually lining up and my A1C fell in "normal" parameters.

I feel great too, not exhausted all the time I did when my sugars were like 200-250 constantly.
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Yeah, seriously...find out OOC.

Bebop

« Reply #16786 on: May 14, 2019, 03:27:58 PM »
This weekend I bought a vintage pull along camper from 1973.  I am so excited to restore it and fix it up how I want it.  I can't stop obsessssing.  I love projects like this.

PriestlySiren

« Reply #16787 on: May 14, 2019, 10:14:43 PM »
My toddlebutt has mastered another sign. So we are up to four. And working on four more this week.

Riev

« Reply #16788 on: May 15, 2019, 03:46:25 PM »
All goes well, I'll have internet at my new place, which will be the first time in many years that I've had actual control over my own internet.

Which means no wireless.

Which means I can play online games again.
Oh man.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Nile

• Oz Election Watch
« Reply #16789 on: May 16, 2019, 07:27:08 PM »
Getting kudos :D
Free your hate.

Bebop

« Reply #16790 on: May 21, 2019, 11:47:00 AM »
I'm so excited its a long weekend.  All I want to do is work on my camper.  *rubs hands together*

Hauwke

« Reply #16791 on: May 21, 2019, 05:25:58 PM »
Got told I was not suitable for mediation with my mother over my kid. Fuck you mum, you don't get to see my kid.

PriestlySiren

« Reply #16792 on: May 22, 2019, 12:16:24 PM »
Downton Abbey the movie. That is all.

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #16793 on: May 22, 2019, 02:29:26 PM »
Downton Abbey the movie. That is all.

It is a soap opera.

It is THE BEST soap opera.
A Kuraci regular shouts, in sirihish:
     "This ain't no city, grebber!"
A Kuraci regular slashes a filthy grey rat on its body.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #16794 on: May 22, 2019, 06:54:04 PM »
I hope Downton Abbey burns down in the last episode.
janeshephard: You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Miradus: He's not some weird mental abomination. He's just a guy on the internet.

Cerelum

« Reply #16795 on: May 22, 2019, 07:17:04 PM »
I hope Downton Abbey burns down in the last episode.

Sounds like someone is bitter about game of thrones? lol
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Yeah, seriously...find out OOC.

MeTekillot

« Reply #16796 on: May 23, 2019, 05:37:32 PM »
I might constantly lament my difficulties with functioning in the world, but I've come to relish the constant conflict it puts me in. I love a challenge. I don't know that an easy, quiet life would suit me.
Also, I like my cootch to have a pert pink color and nice smell. Knowing my luck I would bonk someone with AIDs, get rotten box, and die miserable.

Riev

« Reply #16797 on: May 24, 2019, 09:21:25 AM »
Moreso yesterday at the end of the day:

My Boss' boss, and my actual boss called me in for a talk. One said "You're going to be real happy!" and the other looked like absolute shame in human form. I knew one was lying.

Apparently my actual boss screwed up majorly. When she was doing something Date Sensitive (things that had to be done only since July 1st of last year) she had done it for dates that should not have been a problem. Likely hundreds of claims going out that shouldn't have, and that I would have to run reversals on (I programmed way to make them easier/digital, rather than one paper per reversal)

I'm not sure why that was supposed to make me happy, or if it was facetious that I had a bunch of work to do, or if I was supposed to be happy that my boss made a mistake.

Regardless, the thing that ACTUALLY made me happy was that on review, these mistaken things were over a year old. Anything older than one year is automatically denied without Supervisor Approval/excess paperwork. So I don't have to do ANY reversals. My boss made much less of an error as she thought, and I looked like a hero because I recognized that there won't be nearly as much work to fix it as originally thought.

Bebop

« Reply #16798 on: May 24, 2019, 11:31:19 AM »
Moreso yesterday at the end of the day:

My Boss' boss, and my actual boss called me in for a talk. One said "You're going to be real happy!" and the other looked like absolute shame in human form. I knew one was lying.

Apparently my actual boss screwed up majorly. When she was doing something Date Sensitive (things that had to be done only since July 1st of last year) she had done it for dates that should not have been a problem. Likely hundreds of claims going out that shouldn't have, and that I would have to run reversals on (I programmed way to make them easier/digital, rather than one paper per reversal)

I'm not sure why that was supposed to make me happy, or if it was facetious that I had a bunch of work to do, or if I was supposed to be happy that my boss made a mistake.

Regardless, the thing that ACTUALLY made me happy was that on review, these mistaken things were over a year old. Anything older than one year is automatically denied without Supervisor Approval/excess paperwork. So I don't have to do ANY reversals. My boss made much less of an error as she thought, and I looked like a hero because I recognized that there won't be nearly as much work to fix it as originally thought.

Congrats!

I'm in the process of making my entire job and all of the documentation paperless and remotely accessible.  I'm doing the same for our expense process.

Part of this is because it's more efficient and I'm tired of hearing about lost expense reports.  Plus its better for the environment.

The other half of this is, admittedly, due to my own selfish reasons.  I'm working on converting my camper into an off-grid tiny home and potentially sailing back to the southlands.  Before I get to that point, I'm going to do everything I can to make it a possibility I could do this job remotely.  The other thing I've considered is trying tiny home life and staying in Minneapolis, but the Winter would be ... ... interesting.

We had days in the negative thirties this year so.

Riev

« Reply #16799 on: May 24, 2019, 12:30:13 PM »
I am always about  making processes easier.

I've updated numerous tracking forms in excel, coded vba behind them to make them work smoothly, created and edited PDFs to auto-fill or enforce standards (Check One of Four, enforced, instead of constantly accidentally checking off two).

If it weren't for some paperwork that comes in hardcopy, a lot of my responsibilities can be monitored remotely. I won't tell anyone that, because I don't want them to think I need MORE to do. I'd rather them think I have a lot on my plate, and code it down to be manageable.