Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 840587 times)

mansa

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #16725 on: December 07, 2018, 06:41:24 PM »
I won tickets to a Toronto Maple Leafs in January.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

MeTekillot

« Reply #16726 on: December 08, 2018, 12:35:47 AM »
Deleted, not deactivated, Facebook.
Also, I like my cootch to have a pert pink color and nice smell. Knowing my luck I would bonk someone with AIDs, get rotten box, and die miserable.

MeTekillot

« Reply #16727 on: December 10, 2018, 09:24:10 PM »
Having another call center job is a good opportunity to practice my voice modulation if nothing else. Pay is good and so are the benefits.
Also, I like my cootch to have a pert pink color and nice smell. Knowing my luck I would bonk someone with AIDs, get rotten box, and die miserable.

MeTekillot

« Reply #16728 on: December 11, 2018, 10:45:37 AM »
Used call center kung fu to get an overdraft fee waived.

MeTekillot

« Reply #16729 on: December 20, 2018, 06:03:36 PM »
Been making friends at the office.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #16730 on: December 26, 2018, 09:36:52 PM »
Spent the past 5 days with one of my closest friends. Introduced her to several other friends, at a Christmas party. Spent evenings watching LotR and playing board/card games. Probably one of the most enjoyable weeks of my life, in the past year.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #16731 on: January 02, 2019, 04:56:14 PM »
My LED TV crapped out on me, several weeks ago. Realized I had 9 months left on a 5-year warranty. Instead of repairs, they're just giving me a new TV.

Thanks, me from 5 years ago!

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #16732 on: January 03, 2019, 03:28:27 AM »
I bought an Nvidia RTX 2070 founder's edition today and I should regret the dumb financial decision but holy shit every game is beautiful.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

lordcooper

« Reply #16733 on: January 03, 2019, 12:47:13 PM »
I bought an Nvidia RTX 2070 founder's edition today and I should regret the dumb financial decision but holy shit every game is beautiful.

I'd be interested in hearing your take on raytracing in a week or two.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #16734 on: January 03, 2019, 09:26:36 PM »
Initial thoughts from BF5 (since I don't think there's anything else I can test it with)

In static images ray tracing makes the scene appear more 'real' but frequently with the side effect of less overall lighting contrast or color variety. Some reflections no longer appear with RT enabled. The 'glossy' reflective property many surfaces have in BF5 is diminished. Reflective surfaces look more convincing in motion than they previously did. Many 'scenes' don't appear to have been crafted with ray tracing in mind and I think they suffer for it. That's not to say that the game isn't gorgeous with ray tracing enabled, but it is certainly subtly different.

I'm experiencing a noticeable performance hit in single player, I've yet to try it in MP but I've read that MP maps are actually better optimized so I expect to gain 5-15 frames there. At 1080p with RTX enabled and all settings at ultra I think I hover around 60-70 frames with occasional stuttering. Without RTX I clock 100+ so I would suggest anyone looking to utilize ray tracing at 4k either shell out for the 2080 TI or wait for further ray tracing optimization.

I'm running 16gb RAM, an i7 4.2 ghz, and a 2070 so my rig certainly isn't lacking in power. May play around with overclocking to see if I can get BF5 to a steady 60+ frames with RT enabled.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

lordcooper

« Reply #16735 on: January 04, 2019, 06:21:57 AM »
Cheers, what resolution is this at?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

MeTekillot

« Reply #16736 on: January 19, 2019, 10:05:35 PM »
Nevermind yet they want me to follow up with neurology
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 04:10:18 AM by MeTekillot »

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #16737 on: January 24, 2019, 02:39:08 PM »
Last night sometime after oh-dark-o'clock, my brain logged into Arm and pulled up my race/class options and saw that there was Extra Info about recently-updated magick subguilds.

And there was a LOT OF INFO, describing some pretty crazy new mechanics, and how you could pick which of your primary stats you want to drive your core magickal power ("Oh," thought I, "I guess that makes sense with elemental magick being all-subguild now"), and, like, graphs of how this would play out over time ("Oh, this is...way more than they've done with ASCII before").

I was so stoked.

I felt so good about it that I wasn't even disappointed when I woke up.

(My asleep brain accurately remembered my karma level and which magick subguilds that corresponds to.)
A Kuraci regular shouts, in sirihish:
     "This ain't no city, grebber!"
A Kuraci regular slashes a filthy grey rat on its body.

Fathi

« Reply #16738 on: January 25, 2019, 06:16:48 AM »
Someone drew fanart of a thing I wrote.

And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #16739 on: January 25, 2019, 12:01:51 PM »
Someone drew fanart of a thing I wrote.

A Kuraci regular shouts, in sirihish:
     "This ain't no city, grebber!"
A Kuraci regular slashes a filthy grey rat on its body.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #16740 on: January 26, 2019, 12:01:05 PM »
Since September 3rd I have lost 50 lbs.

This is the thinnest and fittest I have been since we had our first kid when I was 20. Wutup?
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

lostinspace

« Reply #16741 on: January 27, 2019, 12:42:01 AM »
This video, I imagine it's what dealing with a half-giant is like. I probably laughed for five minutes straight.

3/21/16 Never Forget

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #16742 on: January 27, 2019, 02:57:46 AM »
Since September 3rd I have lost 50 lbs.

This is the thinnest and fittest I have been since we had our first kid when I was 20. Wutup?
Where you at for the Fitness thread posts, homie!?!?
And then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Hauwke

« Reply #16743 on: January 27, 2019, 06:30:51 PM »
This video, I imagine it's what dealing with a half-giant is like. I probably laughed for five minutes straight.

That is exactly what it would be like, you tell them exactly what to do but they fuck it up anyway because iunno.

perfecto

« Reply #16744 on: January 28, 2019, 06:02:37 AM »

That is exactly what it would be like, you tell them exactly what to do but they fuck it up anyway because iunno.

Hahaha so good!  "Go get me some wood"  (peeks beyond tree, gets shot in the face)

Anyway the thing that made me happy today was ~

My friend put up an Instagram story today of himself peeling a sweet potato... a few seconds in he stops and looks at the peeler and asks..  If a stripper is also a vegetarian.. would that make her a Vegetable Peeler Too?   ???
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #16745 on: January 28, 2019, 09:41:37 AM »
Yeah that was fun.

"He's a friend!"

"*Pewpew*. Intruder.

What game is that? Looks a lot like 7 days to die but different enough I am doubting.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

lostinspace

« Reply #16746 on: January 28, 2019, 11:00:31 AM »
Yeah that was fun.

"He's a friend!"

"*Pewpew*. Intruder.

What game is that? Looks a lot like 7 days to die but different enough I am doubting.

That is Rust.
3/21/16 Never Forget

WarriorPoet

« Reply #16747 on: January 28, 2019, 12:40:58 PM »
That is like the 4th game I have seen that looks identical. Adulted versions of minecraft. With zombies.

Rust worth a look? 7 days to die was butterly disappointing.

lostinspace

« Reply #16748 on: January 28, 2019, 01:57:57 PM »
Couldn't say, gameplay I've seen looks fun, but it is a real time survival game against other people. If you have lots of time to play, it's probably great.
3/21/16 Never Forget

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #16749 on: February 02, 2019, 10:20:23 PM »
Ran my first D&D session as a DM for a group of brand new players. It was fantastic. I had a good time. They had a good time. This will be a biweekly event.

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.