Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 818352 times)

manipura

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #16700 on: November 17, 2018, 01:50:27 AM »
I bought the most retarded over-the-top SUV...oh man.  Makes me giggle like a little kid every time I see it.

Excursion 7.3L turbodiesel 4x4 with a 6" lift on 36" ATs.  It's absolutely hilarious.

Not it, but pretty close:

All that’s missing is a fancy flame down the side and a big ‘Murica flag sticking out the back.  ;D

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #16701 on: November 17, 2018, 02:23:35 AM »
You can tell im from Arizona when I look at that thing and think; just looks like a normal truck to me.

Minus being lifted.

Edit: and an SUV
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 02:25:12 AM by RogueGunslinger »

Hauwke

« Reply #16702 on: November 17, 2018, 05:22:38 PM »
It looks normal enough to me. Every third car is a ute here so there is that.

satine

« Reply #16703 on: November 17, 2018, 08:53:03 PM »
still gonna be negative pregnancy tests.
jmordetsky: so I reckon, before 1750, people were fuckin retarded

Namino:
 I'm not going to spawn 100,000,000 eggs like a black marlin just because Mekillots are a thing 

Lizzie

« Reply #16704 on: November 18, 2018, 09:24:04 AM »
There was a $47,000 daily 4 lottery winner, who bought their ticket less than a mile from my house. IT'S GETTING CLOSER.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Cind

« Reply #16705 on: November 18, 2018, 02:25:51 PM »
Lizzie's avatar rocks.

I really don't know how to get my own anymore that would be perfect, but my aunt likes Shakira.
Playing something new could be just what you need!

zztri

« Reply #16706 on: November 19, 2018, 01:25:20 AM »
My older daughter has aced all her first exams. I bought several dress sets for her barbie dolls as a reward.

Gimfalisette

« Reply #16707 on: November 19, 2018, 05:19:35 PM »
Hi guys! Someone impersonated me on Reddit recently, and then some other people talked to me about the game, and that made me think of this place again. There are so many familiar faces here, it's nice to see you.

Anyway, what's making me happy today: I PASSED THE CALIFORNIA BAR EXAM; got the results on Friday. I'm going to be an attorney pretty soon, after some other paperwork stuff gets done so I can be sworn in.

Glad to see you are all doing well.
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Cind

« Reply #16708 on: November 19, 2018, 05:43:27 PM »
Can't get more serious than a lawyer, great job. Back when I was young, I half-seriously considered being one. I mean, I actually, did want to. But I had other things I wanted to do a bit more than that.

Get ready for all that money. And all those hours, too, actually. Might want to bring your lunch to work in a pail.

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #16709 on: November 19, 2018, 05:49:18 PM »
Code: [Select]
   gGGGGg  iIIIIi mMm mMm fFFFF !!
   GG  Gg    II   M M M M FF    !!
   GG        II   M MMM M FFFf  !!
   GG  GGG   II   M  m  M FF
    GGGgg  iIIIIi Mm   mM FF    !!

All the congratulations!!
then the father hen will call his chickens home

zztri

« Reply #16710 on: November 19, 2018, 10:36:21 PM »
Anyway, what's making me happy today: I PASSED THE CALIFORNIA BAR EXAM; got the results on Friday. I'm going to be an attorney pretty soon, after some other paperwork stuff gets done so I can be sworn in.

Glad to see you are all doing well.

All right.. If me and hubby go to California, get drunk and start a bar fight I'll PM you. I'll pay you with 'sids.

Akaramu

« Reply #16711 on: November 20, 2018, 07:30:58 PM »
https://twitter.com/adventurenlit/status/1064898928414347264

I still can't get over the fact that people read my stuff. :o And tweet about it. Post on their blogs about it. And go through the trouble of snowing my ebook cover against the backdrop of their print books so they can link the picture to their friends and followers...

Also got two new reviews from bloggers and my page reads are exploding.

Gift of Light hasn't been reviewed by my assigned blogger for the SPFBO 2018 competition yet, but... if she's waiting this long because she's planning to announce it as her finalist at the end (she didn't wait nearly this long for any of the other 30 books assigned to her, and I know she liked it)... wow. That would be huge. That competition is huge. It transformed Senlin Ascends from deadwood to a bestseller over the span of 2 years. I remember when it had less than 10 ratings on Goodreads...  :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 07:37:02 PM by Akaramu »

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #16712 on: November 20, 2018, 08:44:39 PM »
Always makes me happy to see Ex-Armers doing well in life. Glad things are going well and you stopped by, Gimf.

MeTekillot

« Reply #16713 on: November 21, 2018, 10:34:22 AM »
Ice T retweeted me.

boog

« Reply #16714 on: November 21, 2018, 07:29:30 PM »
Ice T retweeted me.

Freddie Prinze, Jr. retweeted me once!

Ice-T's daughter LOOKS JUST LIKE HER. OMG. HAVE YOU SEEN HER?

Also, show us the tweet.

Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

MeTekillot

daughterofauset

« Reply #16716 on: November 23, 2018, 11:07:55 AM »
My adorable sleepy kittens.
"This is a mugging. Now etwo your weapon and nosave combat."

The mugger brandishes his wooden sword in one hand.

Pale Horse

« Reply #16717 on: November 28, 2018, 09:22:43 PM »
Nothing is quite so awful as being so sick you have to projectile vomit every hour, on the hour, for 36 hours.

Nothing is quite so wonderful as no longer feeling sick.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

MeTekillot

« Reply #16718 on: December 02, 2018, 07:03:44 AM »
The best part of puking is when you finish, indeed. 36 hours? That's insane.

Riev

« Reply #16719 on: December 03, 2018, 11:13:25 AM »
Over the weekend I found a wine that I actually sort of enjoyed. Drank the whole bottle and didn't have any ill effects in the morning.

But it was a fruity wine, so I'm sure I'll lose a toe for it.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #16720 on: December 04, 2018, 01:09:07 AM »
Might just have a job with a Member of Congress in January.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Cind

« Reply #16721 on: December 04, 2018, 01:34:55 AM »
Good on ya.

I probably voted for the other guy, but good on ya. I believe strongly in both sides having a voice and people that aren't corrupt as sin.

You're a Democrat, right? Moderate, far-left or something else?

Also, just curious, but what state did you run for office in last election cycle?

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #16722 on: December 04, 2018, 03:58:48 AM »
I'm a registered Democrat and my personal politics are probably best described as social democracy. Maybe New Deal Democrat, minus the institutional racism. A lot of lefties like to deify FDR, but they forget that for every predominantly white community that flourished under the New Deal, a community of color languished.

I ran for office in California. Didn't win, but I clocked more than 12,000 votes and outperformed a lot of crowd favorites. Perhaps more importantly, I forced the GOP incumbents to spend more than $250,000 defending their seats, and every dollar they spent is a dollar that didn't go toward attacking our higher-profile races.

I also got to meet Obama! I don't love his legacy, but it was still a neat experience.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Cind

« Reply #16723 on: December 04, 2018, 05:03:28 AM »
Oh, wow! Yeah, I think I liked Clinton better than Obama. I don't know if the office of the president should be a thing, considering that it turns your hair white, without fail seemingly for each person. We just don't see the other effects of it because they are probably told to try to look their best on camera. Its obviously too much for one human being.

This Christmas is looking to be a really good one for me and my family, is my happy thought for today.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #16724 on: December 04, 2018, 11:07:39 AM »
Take any 45+ year old man and age him 8 years and you are going to see significant graying. Thats not to say the job is easy, just that stress turning your hair white is largely a myth with little to no supporting evidence.