Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 748198 times)

nessalin

• Board Administrator
Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #16650 on: July 23, 2018, 09:27:59 PM »
"I wanna be an architect"

Narf

« Reply #16651 on: July 24, 2018, 01:28:29 AM »
I am planning to run a role playing game for some of my friends this coming month. The players are all chatting on an email chain about what characters they want to play and at my brother's suggestion, all of the male players jumped on the opportunity to play a coven of hags.

The one female player, upon hearing this, has decided to play a younger and less experienced warlock who will mansplain to them at every opportunity.

Akaramu

« Reply #16652 on: July 28, 2018, 05:24:01 AM »
The Blogger my new book was assigned to (for the SPFBO 2018 competition) read the whole thing in a day. That has to be a good sign, right?

Bebop

« Reply #16653 on: July 28, 2018, 12:07:45 PM »
The Blogger my new book was assigned to (for the SPFBO 2018 competition) read the whole thing in a day. That has to be a good sign, right?

That's awesome.  I must check out this book of yours.

Akaramu

« Reply #16654 on: July 28, 2018, 04:35:33 PM »
It isn't officially released yet! It will be on August 1st, promotion starts on the 6th. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DY1ZN2Z

Bebop

« Reply #16655 on: July 29, 2018, 08:09:57 PM »
I just went to my first legal dispensary in Vegas and it was such a cool experience and so chill and cheap!  A gram for under $20?  Yes!  And at the trade show I'm in town for we work a lot with Randy's brand and our rep gave me a new ceramic herbalizer worth $150 retail for free at their booth so I'm all set!

Narf

« Reply #16656 on: August 03, 2018, 11:57:45 AM »
I just went to my first legal dispensary in Vegas and it was such a cool experience and so chill and cheap!  A gram for under $20? 

Oh geez, I thought people were exaggerating when they said Oregon supply far outstripped demand, but if this is cheap elsewhere...

It's rare to see marijuana go for more than $4 a gram here.

MeTekillot

« Reply #16657 on: August 03, 2018, 04:46:58 PM »
Punk shows are fun because it's expected that you'll act out a little bit, within reason. I still need a shot or two to loosen up the years of rebuffs against my severe ADHD personality, but it's nice to kinda fit in.

Bebop

« Reply #16658 on: August 08, 2018, 03:27:48 PM »
I fucking love where I work.  All female up management that have made like a sorority of women at the office and put all of this money into training and communication so that everyone is super healthy and non-toxic.  Then today the CEO is like you are all awesome take Friday before Labor Day off to make it a four day weekend.  Like.  What?  How did I luck out with this place?

Marauder Moe

« Reply #16659 on: August 11, 2018, 10:25:55 PM »
Clean, cool, and dry for the first time in 2 weeks.

Akaramu

« Reply #16660 on: August 12, 2018, 08:01:39 PM »

Akaramu

« Reply #16661 on: August 24, 2018, 06:22:51 AM »
Soooo, as some of you know, I've been working for a bestselling US author for like a year now, fixing his bad translator's terrible translations at terrible (for me) rates. At first, I knew he wouldn't even believe me if I told him that his translator (whom he trusted very much) is using an edited machine translation, and that it shows. I mean, I was the newbie and this particular translator has (for whatever reason) a pretty good reputation in the author community. And the author doesn't know German, so he can't verify the quality of the translations done for him.

However, after all this time, reader reviews are starting to reflect that my edits make a HUGE difference in terms of quality. The audiobook narrator has also noticed the improved quality, and has told the author about it. He's starting to see that his translator isn't nearly as good as he thought.

Now I'm offered the possibility (no contract yet, we're still just talking) of doing the translations myself. At 6 cents per word. HOLY COW. I might actually start earning real money (GOOD real money) instead of a pittance. If this happens, I... for the first time ever, I'd leave the days of below minimum wage work behind me.  8)

Note: 6 cents per word translates to 6000$ for an average Sci-Fi novel.

Bebop

« Reply #16662 on: August 28, 2018, 12:34:24 AM »
I laughed SO hard today.  I got how to play a muckety muck 101 in real life.

I was getting Starbucks and standing in line behind this old white lady.

Old Lady - I want a Pike's Place.
Barista - Sure, can I leave you some room for cream?
Old Lady - Yes.  But, just a bit!
Barista - Okay, here you are.
Old Lady - Hmm, is it fresh?
Barista - Oh yes, it is.  Well I just burned the heck out of my hand with it, so it must be.  Heh. Heh.
Old Lady - Well, just because it's hot doesn't mean it's fresh!
Barista - *feeble laughter* Well, you're right there.

I swung around and gave my husband a look like O_____O;; he started cracking up.

No fucks given.  Like, oh you got some third degree burns, ey?  Well is my coffee fresh you peasant!  Go ground s'more you lil' bitch!

Every time I thought about it in Target I just kept cracking up all over again.  Oh, my, god.

flurry

« Reply #16663 on: August 28, 2018, 08:27:41 PM »
Saw a mantis in real life today, and it made me happy because of this game.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Pale Horse

« Reply #16664 on: August 28, 2018, 10:52:59 PM »
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Akaramu

« Reply #16665 on: August 30, 2018, 05:41:03 AM »
I got a comment reply from the Youtuber Shadowbeatz. He never responds to anyone, ever!

MeTekillot

« Reply #16666 on: September 06, 2018, 10:49:35 AM »
Now that I'm 24 I'm legally allowed to take advantage of my improvements from therapy to have people start liking me again.

zalanthasNomad

« Reply #16667 on: September 23, 2018, 10:46:13 PM »

Bebop

« Reply #16668 on: September 26, 2018, 01:29:06 PM »
I'm so grateful for decaf coffee.  I used to always turn my nose up at it.  But after my dad passed away my anxiety attacks were so bad any amount of caffeine sent me into one.  But I love coffee. It was always comforting to sip on some.  So now I make myself a pot of decaf at work and mix in some organic, non-fat hot cocoa and it's really nice.

boog

« Reply #16669 on: September 27, 2018, 11:31:26 AM »
Somebody bought a few of the hats I made. Make. Whatever.

EEEEEEEEE.

Thank god for NFL season.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

zalanthasNomad

« Reply #16670 on: September 29, 2018, 10:20:58 AM »

Bebop

« Reply #16671 on: September 30, 2018, 01:56:13 AM »
My drone actually worked for the wedding I filmed today.  There were a few technical difficulties but it's DONE.  So relieved. And also tired.

daughterofauset

« Reply #16672 on: October 10, 2018, 10:44:16 PM »
Vegan junk food. Loaded burger with tots and a big glass of iced cherry coke. Damn that was a tasty dinner.
"This is a mugging. Now etwo your weapon and nosave combat."

The mugger brandishes his wooden sword in one hand.

Bebop

« Reply #16673 on: October 11, 2018, 11:52:29 AM »
I booked a gig doing a series of social media marketing videos for a small business.  I'm not charging much because I know the person ($300) which will happen to be just enough to replace my glasses, which I desperately need because ever since we moved into a house I've been paying so much money to get it furnished.  Went from a one bedroom apartment to a three bedroom home so a few spots are kind of empty or just really lacking storage.  We've been there two and a half months and all of my spare income has gone to getting it set up.  Videography on the side is a life saver.

Synthesis

« Reply #16674 on: October 12, 2018, 06:15:24 AM »
Work today was one of those "this is why I signed up for this shit" days.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.