Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 739844 times)

Bebop

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #16625 on: June 07, 2018, 05:33:35 PM »
I'm so so so excited!  I just accepted a position at a non-profit here in Minneapolis in accounting. 

For the past few years I've been doing administration for my husbands business and we just opened a second record store that I co-own here in Minneapolis but new businesses take awhile to start turning a real profit (although ours has done well so far, we're on month four.)

The best part is that I'll be making more than I made at my last banking job and on salary even though I'll only be working 32 hrs as opposed to a full 40.  I had my second interview at 1 pm and they just called me back at 4 pm and said my references from the community bank I used to work at had nothing but outstanding things to say and she thinks I would be great there.  And it's less than 10 minutes from my house.  Oh my gosh, so excited!

Cind

« Reply #16626 on: June 09, 2018, 02:05:57 AM »
Good for you!
Look, a petting tregil.  So silky...Feel him.

MeTekillot

« Reply #16627 on: June 21, 2018, 02:30:36 PM »
I like anime and video games. They're cool.

Akaramu

« Reply #16628 on: June 22, 2018, 08:27:24 AM »
I'm so so so excited!  I just accepted a position at a non-profit here in Minneapolis in accounting. 

For the past few years I've been doing administration for my husbands business and we just opened a second record store that I co-own here in Minneapolis but new businesses take awhile to start turning a real profit (although ours has done well so far, we're on month four.)

The best part is that I'll be making more than I made at my last banking job and on salary even though I'll only be working 32 hrs as opposed to a full 40.  I had my second interview at 1 pm and they just called me back at 4 pm and said my references from the community bank I used to work at had nothing but outstanding things to say and she thinks I would be great there.  And it's less than 10 minutes from my house.  Oh my gosh, so excited!

Yay, congrats! I'm getting a new, better paid job starting in July, too. #feelsgood

Bebop

« Reply #16629 on: June 22, 2018, 03:36:59 PM »

Yay, congrats! I'm getting a new, better paid job starting in July, too. #feelsgood

Thank you!  So far it's been great and my wee little office has a window so I'm super happy.  Congrats to you too!

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #16630 on: June 24, 2018, 10:16:19 PM »
I would be remiss to not post on this page.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

perfecto

« Reply #16631 on: June 25, 2018, 03:31:00 AM »
Worked a double today, first half of the day covering for someone who was half way to Disney land before figuring out he needed his shift covered. Second half was hosting an amazing 100 person wedding, the Bride and Groom both children of house, so their DJ kicked ASSSSSSSS.  They even had a story in their speeches of the two of them hitting up Velde when she was 30 weeks pregnant to see a certain DJ hah, my kinda people.

Home now and thoroughly enjoying the last episode of westworld.  NOMaNOMaNOMaNOM
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

TheWanderer

« Reply #16632 on: June 26, 2018, 01:50:58 AM »
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 01:52:57 AM by TheWanderer »
Whatever happens, happens.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #16633 on: June 26, 2018, 08:05:33 AM »
I had an idea that has me writing again. A good idea. I'd say an original idea but it's not really original, so much as it's not been done quite like THIS before.

Like how stories had messed with story structure prior to Memento, but none had ever done it like THAT, you know?

Anyways I'm just getting lost in it. I'm still world/concept/narrative structure building. It's all very bare bones, but I get started and after I get up I've realized hours have passed. Writing has never been like that for me before. It was always a chore but now...well I don't want to get ahead of myself. Maybe it'll wear off. But for now it's making me happy.

Akaramu

« Reply #16634 on: June 26, 2018, 08:31:57 AM »
Anyways I'm just getting lost in it. I'm still world/concept/narrative structure building. It's all very bare bones, but I get started and after I get up I've realized hours have passed. Writing has never been like that for me before. It was always a chore but now...well I don't want to get ahead of myself. Maybe it'll wear off. But for now it's making me happy.

Yay! Enjoy the feeling  :D

Bebop

« Reply #16635 on: June 30, 2018, 05:50:04 PM »
I'm going to a Vampire Ball with my friends. It's gonna be so fun.  Pictures will definitely be posted.

ShaLeah

« Reply #16636 on: June 30, 2018, 09:44:00 PM »
Family.
Food.
Fantastic Finds.
Freedom.
Quote from: Oryx
Shal is on point.
Quote from: Cenghiz
And ShaLeah's evil, by the way.
Quote from: Anonymous
this doesn't sound very fun, shal
Quote from: Anonymous
You didn't store did you
Because.. I lurve you.

Cind

« Reply #16637 on: July 05, 2018, 03:36:40 AM »
They must have made Pop Team Epic for me. Its perfect in every way. The gods are smiling upon our house.
Look, a petting tregil.  So silky...Feel him.

Riev

« Reply #16638 on: July 05, 2018, 04:49:33 PM »
Family.
Food.
Fantastic Finds.
Freedom.

Bears.
Beets.
Battlestar Galactica.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Morrolan

« Reply #16639 on: July 19, 2018, 02:26:40 AM »
Word came down that my long-delayed promotion from troubleshooter to senior troubleshooter is on its way.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Akaramu

« Reply #16640 on: July 19, 2018, 12:27:56 PM »
I'm going to a Vampire Ball with my friends. It's gonna be so fun.  Pictures will definitely be posted.

Sweet! I'm going to a gothic masquerade ball that's going to be held in a former monastery, but the date is set for October. It's a pretty long wait.  :(

I wish we could somehow shrink the world so you can hop over for a night, Bebop  :-*

Some pics of the location: http://www.diestille.ch/img/baldumasque_pdf_web.pdf

Bebop

« Reply #16641 on: July 21, 2018, 05:37:06 PM »

Sweet! I'm going to a gothic masquerade ball that's going to be held in a former monastery, but the date is set for October. It's a pretty long wait.  :(

I wish we could somehow shrink the world so you can hop over for a night, Bebop  :-*

Some pics of the location: http://www.diestille.ch/img/baldumasque_pdf_web.pdf

Oh my god!  So cooooool.  Where is this?

Also - do you get to go into the library and chapel?  If so PLEASE TELL ME you have some masked counterpart to make out with there or you will find one!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 05:38:53 PM by Bebop »

Akaramu

« Reply #16642 on: July 21, 2018, 05:46:11 PM »

Oh my god!  So cooooool.  Where is this?

Also - do you get to go into the library and chapel?  If so PLEASE TELL ME you have some masked counterpart to make out with there or you will find one!

Yes and presumably yes. 8)

The former monastery is a 30 minute drive away from my home city, Bern. We have so many old castles and monasteries around here, it's awesome! And there's a once-a-year goth party in many of them...

« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 05:49:09 PM by Akaramu »

Bebop

« Reply #16643 on: July 21, 2018, 07:44:45 PM »
That's so rad.  Tonight I am boarding a yacht for Yacht Goth.  Meaning there will be lots of Cure and Joy Division on a yacht.  I will also be trapped with my husband for this three hour tour and my real life name is Ginger.  Pray for me.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 08:43:34 PM by Bebop »

Akaramu

« Reply #16644 on: July 22, 2018, 06:46:49 AM »
Haha, sounds like a great time  8)

MeTekillot

« Reply #16645 on: July 22, 2018, 06:56:18 AM »
Went to my first show last night and had a good time.

Bebop

« Reply #16646 on: July 22, 2018, 04:36:05 PM »

Yeah!  What did you see?

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #16647 on: July 22, 2018, 05:24:23 PM »
I've actually written enough that I like that I feel like I have to back it up. That's a new milestone for me.

MeTekillot

« Reply #16648 on: July 23, 2018, 07:54:36 AM »

Yeah!  What did you see?
A few local bands. It was in a basement so I smacked my head on an air duct about 3 times while moshing.

valeria

• I have a writing blog.
« Reply #16649 on: July 23, 2018, 01:18:58 PM »
I've actually written enough that I like that I feel like I have to back it up. That's a new milestone for me.

Heck yeah! Go you!