Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 608170 times)

Envy

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #16525 on: January 04, 2018, 01:00:48 PM »

Hauwke

« Reply #16526 on: January 04, 2018, 04:44:06 PM »
Smashed my hip and its bruised up real bad after standing my way into a workbench (dont ask).

All very much worth it to see bubs and her ginormous smile when she saw the play set I finally finished putting together!

Miradus

« Reply #16527 on: January 09, 2018, 05:16:03 PM »
You know how the ice cream truck will come through neighborhoods?

Here we have the "tuna truck".

Someone catches an ahi, they slice it up and load it in the back of their van or truck and then go park on a busy intersection, or even just put out a sign in their driveway. But you got to be quick because fresh tuna goes very quick. It's about $4-5 per pound but you can often get a discount if you buy several pounds at once. But words spreads fast and the restaurants will send a car to his house and buy up everything he's got pretty fast, at which point you'll pay $12. :)

Is Friday

« Reply #16528 on: January 09, 2018, 05:46:30 PM »
My son tried to take my wife's beer away and told her "That's Dad's."
Quote from: shadowspeak discord
did you just meet a ridiculously unfuckable psychotic female character? It's 75% likely that Is_Friday is playing it! unfuckable, unwantable, unloveable, poorly played, stereotype-driven, abusive, and shallow!

Akaramu

• Anathema Web Serial
« Reply #16529 on: January 10, 2018, 12:49:28 PM »

Oh my gosh that's adorable!

For me, it's walnuts. I LOVE WALNUTS. I even increased my physical activity level (by quite a lot...) so I can eat more of the things without gaining weight. That's how much I love walnuts.

James de Monet

« Reply #16530 on: January 10, 2018, 01:53:39 PM »

Haha, which one of you got in trouble?  ;D

One of my coworkers went home to Japan for the holidays and brought back some “Japanese candy” to share.  They were Kit Kats.  Except they were flavors of Kit Kats that we don’t normally have in the States, like strawberry.  Apparently they’re considered lucky in Japan because if you spell out “Kit Kat” in Katakana, it means “surely win” in Japanese.
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Is Friday

« Reply #16531 on: January 10, 2018, 11:42:57 PM »
My wife was laughing when she came to tell me.

I had told him earlier "No, that's dad's" when he tried to grab my beer and get a sip. So he was just teaching his mom, really.

I feel like most parents think their kid is smart. But yeah, my kid is smart.
Quote from: shadowspeak discord
did you just meet a ridiculously unfuckable psychotic female character? It's 75% likely that Is_Friday is playing it! unfuckable, unwantable, unloveable, poorly played, stereotype-driven, abusive, and shallow!

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #16532 on: January 15, 2018, 05:22:19 AM »
I'm glad the ballistic missile alert that Hawaii received was sent in error.

A family friend's daughter attends college in Hawaii.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #16533 on: January 16, 2018, 11:41:54 AM »
Just before Abe Lincoln's inauguration he attended a reception. The ambassador from Holland remarked,"“His conversation consists of vulgar anecdotes at which he himself laughs uproariously.”

This pretty well sums me up. I am Abraham Lincoln.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Akaramu

• Anathema Web Serial
« Reply #16534 on: January 16, 2018, 02:17:45 PM »
I've been going to the same hairstylist for like 10+ years now, I appreciate her so much. On top of having killer hairdressing skills, she's sweet and cute and so easy to talk to. We spent the full 90 minutes of hair time talking about my stories, her struggle to find a new employee for her hairdressing studio, laughing about embarrassing things that happened to us and making fun of trashy zombie flicks. It's not just 'customer talk', either, she's actually read some of my stuff!

<3 Evelyn, thank you for making my day. And my hair, too.

Miradus

« Reply #16535 on: January 16, 2018, 03:00:00 PM »

Good news! I have the prostate of a much younger man.

And my doctor has the hands of a longshoreman.