Author Topic: Things that made you happy today.  (Read 889618 times)

Recharge

Re: Things that made you happy today.
« Reply #1325 on: August 03, 2011, 07:32:59 PM »
Moved 26 350/400 pound MFP's from one warehouse to another using the big van today. Feel envigorated and sweaty.
Though there be no squids to slay,
My spear will taste blood today!

LauraMars

• Helper
« Reply #1326 on: August 03, 2011, 10:14:07 PM »

<waits for boog and synthesis to start bickering about prescription drugs and dosage amounts>
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

LauraMars

• Helper
« Reply #1327 on: August 03, 2011, 10:25:57 PM »
Oh yeah AND...I got these in the mail today!

Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Kronibas

« Reply #1328 on: August 03, 2011, 11:32:41 PM »

<waits for boog and synthesis to start bickering about prescription drugs and dosage amounts>

Hah, that's awesome... Though I would say Eeyore looks way too medicated as it stands.
Karma police, arrest this man...

boog

« Reply #1329 on: August 03, 2011, 11:40:47 PM »
I dunno that Cymbalta would be the best bet for Piglet's anxiety as Cymbalta is more often prescribed for nerve pain and depression ... and Clozapine has a lot of side effects, compared to newer atypical antipsychotics. But I dunno if you should put someone so young on an antipsych. :( This is not a good chart.

...Teasing about the last bit! I might sound a little too bookishly condescending here if I don't mention that bit.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 11:42:44 PM by boog »
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Kronibas

« Reply #1330 on: August 04, 2011, 12:20:17 AM »
and Clozapine has a lot of side effects

Once I went to a doctor for sleeping pills, and he gave me that chemical.  At first, I thought he meant klonopin... but he meant that shit.

I looked it up on the internet and saw where it had caused diabetes in a ridiculously high number of patients.

Plus, it had no recreational value, so I fucking chunked them.

Fuck lots of doctors.
Karma police, arrest this man...

boog

« Reply #1331 on: August 04, 2011, 12:23:12 AM »
and Clozapine has a lot of side effects

Once I went to a doctor for sleeping pills, and he gave me that chemical.  At first, I thought he meant klonopin... but he meant that shit.

I looked it up on the internet and saw where it had caused diabetes in a ridiculously high number of patients.

Plus, it had no recreational value, so I fucking chunked them.

Fuck lots of doctors.

Yeah. I'm not really into medicine as much as I work with it. Buuut, I love Synthesis and I don't like to argue with him (because he is a logical male and I am an illogical female) and so I'll just leave it as ... we don't EVER dispense clozapine, ever. The antipsychs we use the most at my pharmacy are Seroquel (which apparently has street value now, which is ridiculous because those pills are about 20 bucks a pop at the PHARMACY level. I can only imagine what they go for in back alley deals!), Risperdal and Abilify. They all have the diabetes and weight gain side effects. It's really no win, especially if you're bipolar/schizophrenic.

But, hey. I got to take a nap for 4 hours today. That made me happy. I need to quit derailing shit
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:26:19 AM by boog »
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

lordcooper

« Reply #1332 on: August 04, 2011, 12:42:00 AM »
But, hey. I got to take a nap for 4 hours today.

That aint a nap, that's a nights sleep.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

boog

« Reply #1333 on: August 04, 2011, 01:23:57 AM »
But, hey. I got to take a nap for 4 hours today.

That aint a nap, that's a nights sleep.

I didn't -want- to. I told the motherfucker to wake me up in an hour, or at least more than a half hour, but NOOOO. "You must have needed the sleep." I swear, I'm like, Rip Van Winkle's daughter.
There is only one boog.

Anaiah

• Legend
« Reply #1334 on: August 04, 2011, 06:07:56 AM »
NOFUN:
Random Armageddon.thoughts: fuck dwarves, fuck magickers, fuck f-me's, fuck city elves and nerf everything I don't use
Maxid:
My position is unassailable.
Gunnerblaster:
My breeds discriminate against other breeds.

That's how hardcore I am.

Synthesis

« Reply #1335 on: August 04, 2011, 07:03:13 AM »

Sibutrex was withdrawn from the U.S. market due to adverse cardiac events.  If I had to go with pharmacotherapy, I'd do phentermine, but really he needs a referral to nutrition.

Cymbalta wouldn't be my first choice for anxiety...I'd probably go with BuSpar, unless price was an issue.

Zoloft would be okay for Eyeore.

I probably wouldn't give Tigger anything.

Clozapine is a last-resort drug because of the potential adverse effects. I'd probably start with Haldol.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Symphony

« Reply #1336 on: August 04, 2011, 08:54:56 AM »
Moved 26 350/400 pound MFP's from one warehouse to another using the big van today. Feel envigorated and sweaty.

26?! Good Lord man! I don't even like moving those things ten feet. Work for the one of the manufacturers?

And to keep with the thread..

This song Samoa posted.. It's.. addicting. *swoons to the tune in the background*

What if I could rig that pad to control the functions and services of a computer network? *drools*

- Symph
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 09:15:24 AM by Symphony »

No no you see, by date Ghost means "chased his wife around the house with his penis till she cried".

boog

« Reply #1337 on: August 04, 2011, 10:26:34 AM »

Sibutrex was withdrawn from the U.S. market due to adverse cardiac events.  If I had to go with pharmacotherapy, I'd do phentermine, but really he needs a referral to nutrition.

Cymbalta wouldn't be my first choice for anxiety...I'd probably go with BuSpar, unless price was an issue.

Zoloft would be okay for Eyeore.

I probably wouldn't give Tigger anything.

Clozapine is a last-resort drug because of the potential adverse effects. I'd probably start with Haldol.

Oh, we agree. Let's hold hands and sing coombaya.

Buspirone is a pretty affordable option for Piglet, compared to other anti-anxieties. And I agree about Tigger for realsies. He's just happy and energetic. There's no need to curb that!

Also, Pooh's getting a phentermine prescription is dependent upon a lotta things. Especially his age. (I had a 70 year old on that shit and they went to the ER because of heart problems. And were on it. What the hell.) It's just basically speed, anyway. I'd definitely ask him to consult a nutritionist first as well.
There is only one boog.

lordcooper

« Reply #1338 on: August 04, 2011, 10:51:05 AM »
Uh, you guys know they're fictional characters right?  Right?

boog

« Reply #1339 on: August 04, 2011, 11:09:34 AM »
Uh, you guys know they're fictional characters right?  Right?

Nuh uh. I thought talking bears who fiended for honey were reaaaal. ;)

I never really liked Pooh as a child though. Meh.
There is only one boog.

Kismetic

« Reply #1340 on: August 04, 2011, 11:25:34 AM »
I have a soft spot for Winnie the Pooh.  Dunno why, maybe because all my PJs and sheets and stuff were WP as a kid.  And the way he laughs.  And because he's just chillin', sippin' sizzurp.  Yeeeeah.
"Well, Gary, if that even is your real name ...  somebody stole my computer.  Now, if you're a criminal--  Look at me! ... You have to tell me, legally, or else it's considered entrapment."  -- Andy Dwyer

Barzalene

« Reply #1341 on: August 04, 2011, 04:03:44 PM »
The owner of the company I work for flew into a tizzy today. He, by the way, had no idea what he was talking about. He said to me at one point, "Shut up. You don't know what you're talking about."

When I went to lunch I got a call. We did a phone interview. I have an in person interview on Monday.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Desertman

« Reply #1342 on: August 04, 2011, 04:54:35 PM »
Uh, you guys know they're fictional characters right?  Right?

Please note your general audience spends the vast majority of their time growing emotionally attached to fictional characters, not to mention, pretending to be them.

I finally got my entire Chicago trip planned out and I'm ready to go. Huge amount of stress off of me for the rest of the week. (Made me happy today.)
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
The young daughter has been filled.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #1343 on: August 04, 2011, 05:35:30 PM »
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #1344 on: August 04, 2011, 05:36:20 PM »
When I went to lunch I got a call. We did a phone interview. I have an in person interview on Monday.

YES! Knock 'em dead, Barz!

Kol

« Reply #1345 on: August 04, 2011, 05:43:23 PM »
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #1346 on: August 04, 2011, 07:03:19 PM »
Doing yardwork. Planting plants. Hanging pictures on my walls. Being domestic. Nothing like physical work with visible progress after staring at a computer screen all day.

Barzalene

« Reply #1347 on: August 04, 2011, 07:05:43 PM »
Thank you, Delirium!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

lordcooper

« Reply #1348 on: August 04, 2011, 07:06:50 PM »

Kick some ass.

MeTekillot

« Reply #1349 on: August 04, 2011, 07:27:00 PM »
My thoughts.

A sex and torture survey upon character creation