RPT in Allanak on Saturday April 2nd

Started by AllanakiLackey, March 22, 2011, 01:05:33 PM

That was a lot of fun.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Stuff gets so chaotic sometimes. Was fun to watch, cheers :)

It was fun but honestly I think you should have asked for consent before that whole tentacle scene played out.

Quote from: Yam on April 03, 2011, 12:12:59 AM
It was fun but honestly I think you should have asked for consent before that whole tentacle scene played out.

Sheesh d00d.  Take it to player complaints ;-)  (That was a Sarc 1 reference)

Wish I could have been there :-(
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Indeed, good show!
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

I calculated the time wrong and missed this  :-\
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Thank you for organizing this. It was a lot of fun.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

It wasn't an offpeak friendly starting time - the GMT time posted here would have been, but it was off by an hour! You started at 1 AM GMT, not midnight. I really wanted to enjoy this, but after 30 minutes I was too tired to pay attention to anything.  :(

I'm jealous of the peak timers, but am glad they had fun.

A big thank-you to everyone who showed up and everyone who participated!  Especially to the participants, since we couldn't have done it without you.  It made all of the blood, sweat, and tears* worth it.

As for any issues with the time, sorry dude(s).  My time converter says that 8 PM EDT is midnight GMT.  Keep in mind that GMT is an absolute time that is not adjusted for any daylight savings your country might pariticpate in.  So depending upon your country you may be in BST (British Summer Time) which is GMT+1, or you may not have changed from GMT at all. 

Ultimately we made the time as offpeak friendly as we could, but the main consideration was organizing the event at a time when both of the organizers could show up.  And that is really the best you can do.

Thank-you all again for showing up and having fun!

*Blood, sweat, and tears provided by dedicated AllanakiSlaves.  AllanakiLackey takes no responsibility for the infectious potential of any blood, sweat, or tears the observers or participants may have come into contact with.
Former player 2/27/23, sending love

I laughed out loud several times during this RPT. Excellent job to the organisers. It ended up being a lot more than I bargained for.  :-X
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

boring :( needed more necksnap

(Really, though, fun stuff. <3)
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a

Quote from: Seraphim on April 03, 2011, 06:00:28 AM
It wasn't an offpeak friendly starting time - the GMT time posted here would have been, but it was off by an hour! You started at 1 AM GMT, not midnight. I really wanted to enjoy this, but after 30 minutes I was too tired to pay attention to anything.  :(

I'm jealous of the peak timers, but am glad they had fun.

It's really hard to cater to both peak and off-peak -- It sucks, I know, but most of the time, peak will get the priority. When I organize RPT's, I try to do every other for GMT, start earlier for GMT, or do two events for both, but I think i'm the exception to the rule.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

For what it's worth, there's also the fact that "offpeak" is not just one time. I'm an offpeak player and this RPT was at a manageable time for me.
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!