What if..?

Started by NOFUN, March 18, 2011, 07:53:34 AM

Quote from: Saellyn on July 14, 2011, 09:07:38 AM
What would happen if Wolvering existed in Zalanthas? (Consider his healing factor and adamantium skeleton)
Does anyone know what Tektolnes looks like? ;)

What if there were more NPCs with 'Artificial Intelligence' and/or scripted actions in Allanak?
I'm GMT+8, 12 hours ahead of EST.

More loot for the twinks.

What if travel time from Alanak to Tuluk took an hour, on an erdlu?

If it was an IC hour, I imagine PC's from the two cities would interact alot more an there'd be alot more assassinations.

If it was an OOC hour, I imagne the death-rate for people traveling from one to the other would increase dramatically.

What if, for absolutely no reason tek awoke and decided to pass a law that removed nobles privileged laws?
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º

Quote from: NOFUN on July 14, 2011, 11:16:30 AM
What if, for absolutely no reason tek awoke and decided to pass a law that removed nobles privileged laws?
Chaos, bodies in the streets, city-wide famine... Oh wait. Yeah, I guess nothing would really change, in that case. Less noobles.

What if Tektolnes and Muk Utep had secrectly formed a 'bro-ship' and both snuck away from his respective city-states, with the Sand Lord as well, to make a new city beyond the Known world?
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Is Cenyr considered beyond the known world?  :P

If not then I imagine it'd be a place where not only do terrible things happen in alleys while the rest of the city is brutally lawful, but also a place where wearing dusty clothing is considered rather barbaric... Maybe it's like Luirs!

What if the majority of gith were mindbenders?

Quote from: Jeshin on July 14, 2011, 11:45:38 AM
Is Cenyr considered beyond the known world?  :P

If not then I imagine it'd be a place where not only do terrible things happen in alleys while the rest of the city is brutally lawful, but also a place where wearing dusty clothing is considered rather barbaric... Maybe it's like Luirs!

What if the majority of gith were mindbenders?

Allanak would have continued spanking them into extinction, aaaaaand everyone from the old gith siege days would have maxxed barrier.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on July 14, 2011, 11:49:55 AM
Allanak would have continued spanking them into extinction, aaaaaand everyone from the old gith siege days would have maxxed barrier.

Fail, no question asked.

What if every player, no exceptions, made a special effort today to make the game engaging for the players around her/him?
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

Quote from: Talia on July 15, 2011, 09:46:40 AM
Quote from: Qzzrbl on July 14, 2011, 11:49:55 AM

Fail, no question asked.

What if every player, no exceptions, made a special effort today to make the game engaging for the players around her/him?

Can do.

Don't they? Anyway,they probably still wouldn't vote.

What if everyone voted today, tomorrow and Sunday?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

We'd have approximately 21 billion votes on TMS and around 400 votes on TMC.

What if "Rocks fall, everyone dies" happened to Luirs?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: lordcooper on July 15, 2011, 10:13:22 AM

They tried that a couple years ago.  No dice.

What if humans could only be played in mundane guilds?
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

July 16, 2011, 03:37:12 AM #511 Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 03:39:32 AM by Cind
sorry wrong thread. edited it out

Quote from: brytta.leofa on July 15, 2011, 11:09:53 AM
Quote from: lordcooper on July 15, 2011, 10:13:22 AM

They tried that a couple years ago.  No dice.

What if humans could only be played in mundane guilds?

Everyone would watch the elves even more closely than they used to. when you came back to your brutally robbed apartment, chances were it would be on fire.

What if, every once in a while during the early afternoon, Tek decided to stalk Meleth's Circle for foreigners to rip apart?
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Then Tuluki's would start going to allanak on a pilgrimage to attempt to murder Tek.

What if Tek went into an alley in Red Storm?

Quote from: Jeshin on July 19, 2011, 09:38:04 AM
Then Tuluki's would start going to allanak on a pilgrimage to attempt to murder Tek.

The lurkers would shrink considerably in number before moving to become actual coded raiders outside Storm like it says wait for foreignors in docs. natives would be no safer, however, with tek lurking the alleys, and i'm positive the Sand Lord wouldn't be able to do much but attempt to negotiate Tek out after a while (with bread tithes to his temple) which tek wouldn't be able to refuse if he wanted some badly-needed social cushion.

What if a super ultra sexy mega f-me lady sorceror started a new city-state along the western part of and just south of the shield wall?
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Cind on July 19, 2011, 02:31:54 PM
Quote from: Jeshin on July 19, 2011, 09:38:04 AM

The lurkers would shrink considerably in number before moving to become actual coded raiders outside Storm like it says wait for foreignors in docs. natives would be no safer, however, with tek lurking the alleys, and i'm positive the Sand Lord wouldn't be able to do much but attempt to negotiate Tek out after a while (with bread tithes to his temple) which tek wouldn't be able to refuse if he wanted some badly-needed social cushion.

What if a super ultra sexy mega f-me lady sorceror started a new city-state along the western part of and just south of the shield wall?

Forces from Allanak and Tuluk would join in battle against her, putting their differences aside for a moment.

... That scenario sounds distinctively familiar.  ::)

What if kylori could speak?

Seriously.. they should be able to speak, they're more human than half-elf.  ;)

They would probably tell us that we're in their territiory and that we're offending their winged-sess (leader obviously) by being there, and try their best to swoop in and kill us all.. but really.. what are they gonna say that would gain any of our trust?

what if the kylori had something no-one else had?
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: perfecto on July 20, 2011, 02:39:41 AM
Seriously.. they should be able to speak, they're more human than half-elf.  ;)

They would probably tell us that we're in their territiory and that we're offending their winged-sess (leader obviously) by being there, and try their best to swoop in and kill us all.. but really.. what are they gonna say that would gain any of our trust?

what if the kylori had something no-one else had?

We'd make bow strings out of it.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

What if the Sol Lanah Kah had a metal bow and it was freaking awesome for hunting and everyone found out?

Quote from: Cind on July 20, 2011, 01:47:30 PM
What if the Sol Lanah Kah had a metal bow and it was freaking awesome for hunting and everyone found out?

There would be a lot more dead PCs littering the Tablelands.

What if kanks came back, with a vengeance?

Quote from: palomar on July 20, 2011, 03:24:48 PM
What if kanks came back, with a vengeance?

Then we wouldn't be able to ask that question twice.

What if staff really did eat brains, and you had to send them RL brains (of any creature, obtained by any means) to play Armageddon?
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

A lot of kittens will be slain and then delicious kitten brain cookies and cheese offered to the staff.

What if all newbies could implement some kind of newbie flag. So they could show that they're new for a time? [Go comical over practical here people]

People would set triggers to sap and steal boots amos as soon as the flag was gone of course.

What if templars robes did not amend the sdesc?
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Every new templar would spend his first two weeks trying to track down a Kadian for a custom sdesc-altering templar mask.

What if nobles' robes did amend their sdescs?

The game would be that much cooler?

What if Jozhal were just as big of thieves as in darksun?
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Lord Templar Samos would have led a war against the raiding Jozhals instead of the Gith.

What if back-stab branched from skinning.