What if..?

Started by NOFUN, March 18, 2011, 07:53:34 AM

The starwars jokes would continue slipping into peoples conversations untill eventualy the invasion actualy happened, then it wouldn't seem so fuckin' funny.

What if someone mastercrafted a sword out of glowcrystals that you could turn on and off like a lightsaber?
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: perfecto on July 03, 2011, 09:14:48 PM
The starwars jokes would continue slipping into peoples conversations untill eventualy the invasion actualy happened, then it wouldn't seem so fuckin' funny.

What if someone mastercrafted a sword out of glowcrystals that you could turn on and off like a lightsaber?

more dual-wielders and two-handers exploring dark places--- incidentally meaning slightly more non pure combatants exploring The Dark Places. but only if the sword never actually went out. being made of glow-crystals, it would run out eventually, unless magick amplified, and if so, only southerners and/or magickers would use it, depending on their views. it would also probably not be a super great weapon in terms of sharpness, and make the zzhrrrp sound. evil people would use red ones, and only the most amazing dwarven max warriors/acrobats would use a green one. unimportant people would use orange. or something. i don't pay attention unless its that part where Anakin has his arms cut off and is on fire.

What if someone got an app passed for a sorceror mul who has a taste for violence, and started with a flying roc mount and three npc warrior breed slaves whose minds were his to command? No, this is not a reference to anything.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Cindy42 on July 04, 2011, 08:36:02 AM
What if someone got an app passed for a sorceror mul who has a taste for violence, and started with a flying roc mount and three npc warrior breed slaves whose minds were his to command? No, this is not a reference to anything.

He'd probably die when he used the 'order' command incorrectly, or accidentally casted a spell that made everything aggro on him.

What if our PCs were actually as important to the world as we sometimes like to think they are?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on July 05, 2011, 08:07:11 PM
What if our PCs were actually as important to the world as we sometimes like to think they are?

Most of my PCs would have a permanent sdesc-invisible VNPC status set, because they aren't important at all.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

What if the playerbase was split between the higher ups (nobles/templars/gmh family members) and commoners in a 40/60 ratio?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: lordcooper on July 05, 2011, 09:07:02 PM
What if the playerbase was split between the higher ups (nobles/templars/gmh family members) and commoners in a 40/60 ratio?

There'd be fierce competition for underlings.  Templars and nobles would fawn over every new character that seemed halfway capable of anything and offer great perks.  They may even punish those that refused their "generosity".

What if spice was legalized in Allanak?

The added tax revenue would balance the budget.

Quote from: Sephiroto on July 05, 2011, 10:10:49 PM

Finaly, now everyone is able to buy a rotted fruit per-day...

What if the elements got angry and turned on the wigglers?

Quote from: perfecto on July 06, 2011, 01:27:43 AM
Quote from: Sephiroto on July 05, 2011, 10:10:49 PM

Finaly, now everyone is able to buy a rotted fruit per-day...

What if the elements got angry and turned on the wigglers?

2.arm

What if gickers could successfully hide themselves in tuluk for an entire PCs lifetime purely on RP without metagaming to keep their abilities secret?

People would be playing the game properly... even against the own willl, which is quite a feat to behold.

What if you swallowed a Kalan seed and a Kalan tree grew out of your stomach?

Quote from: perfecto on July 06, 2011, 07:53:52 AM
People would be playing the game properly... even against the own willl, which is quite a feat to behold.

What if you swallowed a Kalan seed and a Kalan tree grew out of your stomach?

What if there was a willy wonka Zalanthan style, and half giant children gathered to search for the Obsidian ticket hidden within a chocolate erdlu for a tour of his tower (factory)?
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on July 06, 2011, 01:11:14 PM
What if there was a willy wonka Zalanthan style, and half giant children gathered to search for the Obsidian ticket hidden within a chocolate erdlu for a tour of his tower (factory)?

Veruca Salt wouldn't be the only one after the gold-egg laying geese.

(Now you have me reliving 90s music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC9AUR-iTo0 )

edit:
What if someone mastercrafted Zalanthan alphabet soup?
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Quote from: flurry on July 06, 2011, 05:34:52 PM
What if someone mastercrafted Zalanthan alphabet soup?
"Behead that creature!"

(p.s.  It is a little known fact that the Zalanthan alphabet consists of only two letters:  FFFUUUUUUUUUUU!!!)

What if halflings aren't extinct, but are instead successfully disguised and living in the 'nakki alleyways?
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

July 07, 2011, 12:16:40 AM #490 Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 12:21:23 AM by perfecto
The midden heaps are actualy halfling houses, made from all the crap they collect around the city.

look in heap

a midden heap  is made up of all kinds of broken bits and pieces, here and there some broken furniture sticks out, and the whole thing reeks of ass.

:inside the midden heap
a lump of shit
a small war-painted halfling
a broken pot shard
a baby war painted halfling

a spear flies in from the midden heap!

Your vision goes black

What if  there was a spell that turned stone into steel?  if only for a short time?

Quote from: perfecto on July 07, 2011, 12:16:40 AM
The midden heaps are actualy halfling houses, made from all the crap they collect around the city.

look in heap

a midden heap  is made up of all kinds of broken bits and pieces, here and there some broken furniture sticks out, and the whole thing reeks of ass.

:inside the midden heap
a lump of shit
a small war-painted halfling
a broken pot shard

a spear flies in from the midden heap!

Your vision goes black

What if  there was a spell that turned stone into steel?  if only for a short time?

Rukkians-- fucking everywhere.

What if the shield wall caved in and changed the planet to a degree where allanak became as far away from tuluk as it is now from the salt flats?
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Cind on July 10, 2011, 07:49:04 PM
What if the shield wall caved in and changed the planet to a degree where allanak became as far away from tuluk as it is now from the salt flats?

Not a damn thing would change-- because unless there's a metal mine somewhere, Allanak and Tuluk apparently have no reason to fight.

They'll insult eachother alot, sure, but, y'know.... Won't go anywhere.

What if you could fish in the silt sea?

Quote from: perfecto on July 13, 2011, 04:26:22 AM
A silt horror would eat you.

What if you could plant/harvest your own crop?
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on July 13, 2011, 05:05:17 AM
Quote from: perfecto on July 13, 2011, 04:26:22 AM
A silt horror would eat you.

What if you could plant/harvest your own crop?

There's plenty of starving chillen and sharps (half of the sharps are faking it) to swarm over your crops once they are ripe. Besides, all the good land is taken, and Tektolnes would really, really like to know what you're doing using fertile land a mere 2,000,000,000 miles from his tower.

What if an f-me female elf out of the rinth manifested as a sorceror, and then started her own small city-state of rinth elves in Mal Krian? (its in history docs, its a settlement Tek destroyed and is relatively far from 'nak)
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

July 13, 2011, 08:42:36 PM #497 Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:45:26 PM by wizturbo
Quote from: Cindy42 on July 13, 2011, 08:28:57 PM

What if an f-me female elf out of the rinth manifested as a sorceror, and then started her own small city-state of rinth elves in Mal Krian? (its in history docs, its a settlement Tek destroyed and is relatively far from 'nak)

Current policies wouldn't allow this to be possible, but they'd probably die the same way the first Mal Krianians did even if it were possible.

What if bodies could be salvaged for water?

Quote from: wizturbo on July 13, 2011, 08:42:36 PM
Current policies wouldn't allow this to be possible

That old chestnut?

Quote from: wizturbo on July 13, 2011, 08:42:36 PM
What if bodies could be salvaged for water?

Water elementalists would have a pretty awesome new request for a spell, I think!

What if Magneto were banished to Zalanthas?  (answer is not as obvious as you might think, consider a certain statue)
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

... Well you see, a certain dragon statue would be brought to life and a certain MASS of metal objects that certain high class PCs wear (hint: nobles and templars) would suddenly become a LOT of nasty weapons with which Magneto would conquer Zalanthas.

What would happen if Wolvering existed in Zalanthas? (Consider his healing factor and adamantium skeleton)