What if..?

Started by NOFUN, March 18, 2011, 07:53:34 AM

Quote from: PurpleParrot on June 25, 2011, 08:25:38 PM
What if everyone had the patience to post in their own colours?

You would see a large variety of differentcolors and effectsall across the forums, with some people doing rainbows and others doing sunsets and some people would just make [move]random shitjust to mess with us.[/move]

What if everyone had to post in rhyme?
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: PurpleParrot on June 25, 2011, 08:25:38 PM
What if everyone had the patience to post in their own colours?

The board would look like there were more 12 year olds posting.

What if Arm had actual ANSI?

Quote from: Taven on June 25, 2011, 08:45:24 PMYou would see a large variety of differentcolors and effectsall across the forums, with some people doing rainbows and others doing sunsets and some people would just make [move]random shitjust to mess with us.[/move]

This is fucking awesome.

Quote from: maxid on June 25, 2011, 08:49:33 PM
What if Arm had actual ANSI?

I wouldn't have to deal with my stupid MUSHclient fucking up my colour highlights.

In short, life would be good.

What if breeds were people too?

Quote from: PurpleParrot on June 25, 2011, 09:51:33 PM

What if breeds were people too?

Then they would be judged as people are judged, based on their own merits. Sadly, since on their own merits would still be emo and unpredictable, I don't think many people would like them anyway. After the nth breed freaking out for the nth time, they would probably just write the whole race off. Just like how if 9 mantis attack you, you're probably not going to try and chat with the 10th mantis you meet. You're gonna assume it's gonna try to eat you.

You guys still didn't answer my last question: What if everyone had to post in rhyme?

Quote from: Taven on June 26, 2011, 04:02:39 PM
You guys still didn't answer my last question: What if everyone had to post in rhyme?

Ghost's posts would be even more mind-blowing.

What if there were Hlum-style nobles in Allanak?
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

Might as well shut down Tuluk then. No need for that place anymore.

What if Mantises were an open race to play?
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

June 26, 2011, 05:34:02 PM #431 Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:54:32 PM by Potaje
Then we would be time warped back to RL 5 or more years ago when they were and people would see mantis in the taverns, tavern sitting. Bards would chat them up to learn their language and assassins would subguild armor marker.

What if Anyone and any race could have the potential to rise to the rank of Templar?
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

June 26, 2011, 06:29:05 PM #432 Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 06:54:49 PM by Taven
Quote from: Potaje on June 26, 2011, 05:34:02 PM
Then we would be time warped back to RL 5 or more years ago when they where and people would see mantis in the taverns, tavern sitting. Bards would chat them up to learn their language and assassins would subguild armor marker.

What if Anyone and any race could have the potential to rise to the rank of Templar?

If anyone of any race had the potential to rise to a templar, then the militia would be more like the byn: You would be taking orders from elves and breeds. However, all templars would end up being dwarves, because they're so good at combat anyway. Templars would be a lot longer lived then, although since dwarves aren't the best thinkers politics would be pretty straight forward, at least in templar land (yes, it does say that dwarves don't think complex in the docs, due to their focus obsession). It would also make for very strange situations, when a dwarf, elf, or breed could not join the Allanaki militia, but could be a templar. The worst, however, would be when you got the gith templar. They'd be a bastard who would fine everyone for "smelling nasty," except for the bynners on Nekrete day, since they would be what the gith was after. It would also be harder to be racist, since your PC would be hating on elves, when one of the templars was an elf. Basically, it would completely ruin the set up of everything in Allanak, if not the world! Don't even get me started on Tuluk.

What if is was a dwarven racial feature that they had to use using huge, ridiculously long words that everyone had to look up?

(This post was edited to defend Archbaron's reputation, which was unjustly sullied, because I can't read!)

I did answer Ocotillo's question! :<
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote from: Archbaron on June 26, 2011, 06:43:12 PM
I did answer Ocotillo's question! :<

O___O

I can't read. Ignore me, and I shall edit.  :-[

It's fine. :D
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

People would happily adapt for dwarfs xbox hueg stat buffs. What if there was a coded tribe of muls that captured dwarves and humans to breed more muls?
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º

The wildlife would get a lot more terrifying than just gith and kryl.

What if whenever we made a character, that person in Zalanthas knew they were being puppeteered towards an inevitable death, unable to do anything about it.
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

They would at least find solace in knowing that they'd be unlikely to live out their dreary, pointless lives doing menial, backbreaking labor while starving slowly to death, and instead be plunged into the world of intrigue, adventure, and (ill-fated) romance until the day of their death.

What if we had 500 players at peak?

Clans would actually refuse potential employees, unemployment would be huge and starvation in Allanak a real problem to PCs.

What if all humans died to a mysterious plague?
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Aside from pc templars, there'd be no affect to the pc population.

What if half giants were not retarded?
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º

Quote from: NOFUN on June 28, 2011, 07:08:13 PM
Aside from pc templars, there'd be no affect to the pc population.

What if half giants were not retarded?

They'd know when to say effect and when to say affect.

What if templars were elected?
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

Quote from: Ocotillo on June 28, 2011, 07:17:59 PM
What if templars were elected?

They'd be twice as nasty. The winners would have 98% of the vote, and losers are never heard from again.

What if Jihae, Lirathu, and the Black Sun were really giant eggs?
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

June 28, 2011, 08:16:50 PM #444 Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 08:18:56 PM by PurpleParrot
Quote from: Xagon on June 28, 2011, 07:58:53 PM
What if Jihae, Lirathu, and the Black Sun were really giant eggs?

Sometime in the not-to-distant future they would hatch and spawn three giant space wasps which would descend upon our hapless characters and raze the cities.
Sand would overtake the ruins. Many monsters would move in and become playable races. GDB would be overrun with "GAH KRYL MUDSEX WTF" and "SILT HORRORS STOP RAPING EVERYTHING! THIS IS NOT HENTAI!" posts.

What if babies were a playable age? How long would a well-played infant PC last before someone got sick of it and punted it off a cliff?

*Edited to make the question a what-if >_>

Quote from: PurpleParrot on June 28, 2011, 08:16:50 PM
What if babies were a playable age? How long would a well-played infant PC last before someone got sick of it and punted it off a cliff?

There'd be a lot more dead baby jokes.  Staff would be loaded down with complaints of "my PC can't pick up all this sid he stuffed in his diaper."  Most would live a very long time, because the baby-fist sized dung they produce is a constant source of sids for whoever stole a baby (subduing baby PCs wouldn't crimflag).

What if kryl "bred" with mantis?

They make ankhegs.

What if Nilazi muls were 0 karma?
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

June 29, 2011, 10:59:50 AM #447 Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 11:01:37 AM by NOFUN
Quote from: Bogre on June 29, 2011, 10:56:03 AM
They make ankhegs.

Suddenly the labyrinth gets over-populated. I imagine since all PC mul's are run-away slaves they'd raise an army of the undead and try to destroy allanak.

What if pickpocket/burglar became a karma required guild?
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌

Quote from: NOFUN on June 29, 2011, 10:59:50 AM
Quote from: Bogre on June 29, 2011, 10:56:03 AM
They make ankhegs.

Suddenly the labyrinth gets over-populated. I imagine since all PC mul's are run-away slaves they'd raise an army of the undead and try to destroy allanak.

What if pickpocket/burglar became a karma required guild?

Better played thieves. I was going to say less quickly dead thieves, but lightfingers tend to step on toes as they sneak away.

What if there were a limited amount of times one could faint from Waying before they just either:
A) Died
or
B) Couldn't Way anymore.

Quote from: PurpleParrot on June 29, 2011, 02:36:57 PM

What if there were a limited amount of times one could faint from Waying before they just either:
A) Died
or
B) Couldn't Way anymore.

You'd know that every single aide was a bender, if they survived the job for more then three real life weeks. Benders would have a higher count of waying abilities. You would either have to hire a lot of different aides, switching them out when they died or couldn't Way, or maybe Borsail/Winrothol could make Way slaves. Templars would have to be protected by the Highlord/Sun King, or the turn over rate would be pretty dismal. People would also get tired of the game, and possibly leave, as without the Way there's no real way to connect with others, and you wouldn't even be able to find your clan in the same city.

What if you could only Way people within a certain distance (such as within a city)?