What if..?

Started by NOFUN, March 18, 2011, 07:53:34 AM

Well there was that one log... Regardless, players of elves would get fiercely annoyed at what they couldn't have and all app Whirans to do it better.

What if Steinal was a playable starting location despite its nonexistence?

Quote from: Kalai on June 19, 2011, 07:22:41 PM
What if Steinal was a playable starting location despite its nonexistence?

Lots of people would die attempting to cross the salt flats to get to 'nak, and everyone else who stayed would eventually get killed if there were dangers, or have to do what the early travelers did and try to get to 'nak to get food and water. If food and water could be found there already, eventually a Steinal Village might be a possibility, although they'd probably get almost as much flack as northerners when they visited Allanak due to the history. And Steinal Village would have a few crafting skills dedicated to a few merchant skills, to keep the village pc population from being 100% beef. The eastern unknown would become a tad easier to explore. Mindbenders, sorcerors and rogue 'gickers would have another settled refuge to spend another hint-dropping week in. I always loved that about non city-state taverns.

What if an iron mine was found in the westside rinth?
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Cindy42 on June 19, 2011, 07:34:02 PM

Every group in the civilized (and some not so civilized) would suddenly make some kind of claim to the area.  The Guild would defend it until they were overwhelmed by the rest of the rinthi denizens.  Tuluk would send in a team of "shadow artists" and elite soldiers, but they too would eventually fall.  The eastside elves would put up a great fight but would eventually be obliterated by the elementalist of the elementalist quarter.  After the dust cleared, the Templarate would move in, thanking the elementalists for securing the area for them.  The merchant houses would file legal claims with documents (perhaps some forged) of ancient date, laying claim to the area.  The documents would mysteriously disappear and there'd be a new quarter in Allanak, called the mine quarter.

What if all Templars were mimes?

Quote from: EldritchOrigins on June 19, 2011, 07:47:24 PM
Quote from: Cindy42 on June 19, 2011, 07:34:02 PM

Every group in the civilized (and some not so civilized) would suddenly make some kind of claim to the area.  The Guild would defend it until they were overwhelmed by the rest of the rinthi denizens.  Tuluk would send in a team of "shadow artists" and elite soldiers, but they too would eventually fall.  The eastside elves would put up a great fight but would eventually be obliterated by the elementalist of the elementalist quarter.  After the dust cleared, the Templarate would move in, thanking the elementalists for securing the area for them.  The merchant houses would file legal claims with documents (perhaps some forged) of ancient date, laying claim to the area.  The documents would mysteriously disappear and there'd be a new quarter in Allanak, called the mine quarter.

What if all Templars were mimes?

Nobody would mime them at all, and they would thus execute more people.

What if cities were all lawless?
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

I'd quit playing on the basis that it would become a random PK hack and slash.

What if Nyr manifested as himself in game!?

There would be a new thread called "what was the cutest thing that ever killed you?"

What if.. Non-gickers could still use those mana points for something?
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: perfecto on June 20, 2011, 04:15:49 AM
There would be a new thread called "what was the cutest thing that ever killed you?"

What if.. Non-gickers could still use those mana points for something?

They'd probably just be able to use them for cantrips and level 0 spells from D&D...and then it wouldn't be as special to be able to do magic and it wouldn't get the respect it deserves because everyone would be able to light their farts on fire and change their haircolour at will. Real sorcerers would be pissed and would fume like an emo breed. Random deaths due to resentful gickers would become commonplace.

What if a plague of frogs rained down on Allanak?

Then everyone would eat and the viva's would be busy.

What if for every human sleeping outside their race, a single rain drop fell in Tuluk? [and they wouldn't know they're linked]

Quote from: Jeshin on June 21, 2011, 04:01:28 PM
Then everyone would eat and the viva's would be busy.

What if for every human sleeping outside their race, a single rain drop fell in Tuluk? [and they wouldn't know they're linked]

I think they would figure it out eventually and then all humans would be required to sleep with non-humans, for the sake of rain, but a lot of the mistreated races wouldn't want anything to do with them and a lot of the racist humans would either rape or simply be disgusted at the thought of letting a non-human touch them at all, let alone sexually.

Or the rain would evaporate before it hit the surface, since it wouldn't be common enough to cool the atmosphere. Then they'd never figure it out and thus, avoid the above drama.

A variant of the above question, what if iit had to be a loving coupling in order to make rain?

No wonder rain is so rare. ;)

What if the Black Moon was actually an interstellar space observation station?

Quote from: Delirium on June 21, 2011, 04:08:10 PM
No wonder rain is so rare. ;)

What if the Black Moon was actually an interstellar space observation station?

We're sorry, Delirium's account has been banned for revealing [SECRET IC INFO ABOUT SPACE VESTRICS].

What if staff were as big of pushovers as WoW's staff, and made every change the players suggested?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on June 21, 2011, 04:28:13 PM
We're sorry, Delirium's account has been banned for revealing [SECRET IC INFO ABOUT SPACE VESTRICS].

What if staff were as big of pushovers as WoW's staff, and made every change the players suggested?

Tuluk would have been destroyed and recreated several times.

What if a sorcerer started a new village in the mantis valley that got approved as a starting location?
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

Then a steady supply of brainz would be given to Ginka.

What if it was possible to play characters of any age, baby to super-old?
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

Quote from: Xagon on June 21, 2011, 08:59:10 PM
Then a steady supply of brainz would be given to Ginka.

What if it was possible to play characters of any age, baby to super-old?

There'd be a plethora of child pickpockets (adorable street urchins) and age play relationships (Oh Daddy!)
Also, lots of dead baby jokes.
Another inevitability would be a Childlike Empress attempt.

What if there were camels?

The beetles would eat 'em all.

What if Pizza Hut opened up stores all over the Known?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

People would still say that its crappy pizza despite them not having any other types of pizza to compare it to.

What if 2.Arm opened tomorrow?

Quote from: lordcooper on June 22, 2011, 09:07:31 PM

I'd roll up a special-app green escaped gladiator braxat named Mik'lang'lo who only wears a belt and yellow sunslits, and lives in the sewers.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on June 22, 2011, 09:13:19 PM
Quote from: lordcooper on June 22, 2011, 09:07:31 PM

I'd roll up a special-app green escaped gladiator braxat named Mik'lang'lo who only wears a belt and yellow sunslits, and lives in the sewers.

He'd also have to wear a scrab shell on his back.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

What if Luirs and the tribal clans had all of the player #s the cities do?

Quote from: Jeshin on June 25, 2011, 11:46:33 AM

There'd be one or two more dead mindbenders/rogue 'gickers and a lot more dead newbie d-elfs, respectively. Staff would attempt to make changes to get people to lean more towards Allanak and Tuluk as starting areas, and re-open several human and elf tribes in the process. Because, seriously, when there's thirty-two people in the Gaj when you walk in, do you feel like rping any more? Either that or I'm just weird.

What if a single human tribe were discovered living in a livable part of the unknown, and they were ALL mindbenders?
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

June 25, 2011, 04:52:40 PM #420 Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 06:31:46 PM by PurpleParrot
Quote from: Cindy42 on June 25, 2011, 03:44:06 PM
Quote from: Jeshin on June 25, 2011, 11:46:33 AM

There'd be one or two more dead mindbenders/rogue 'gickers and a lot more dead newbie d-elfs, respectively. Staff would attempt to make changes to get people to lean more towards Allanak and Tuluk as starting areas, and re-open several human and elf tribes in the process. Because, seriously, when there's thirty-two people in the Gaj when you walk in, do you feel like rping any more? Either that or I'm just weird.

What if a single human tribe were discovered living in a livable part of the unknown, and they were ALL mindbenders?

Lots of blood.

What if breeds had their shit together?

Then they'd become awesome until someone made a snide remark and they throw it all away to stab them in the neck.

What if all players used thinks and feels consistently?

Quote from: Jeshin on June 25, 2011, 05:15:25 PM
Then they'd become awesome until someone made a snide remark and they throw it all away to stab them in the neck.

What if all players used thinks and feels consistently?

People who could see thinks and feels would be much happier.

What if Zalanthas got hit by a meteor and it's climate suddenly shifted to be an arctic planet instead of a desert?

SNOW MAGES!!!! WAHOOO!!!

What if PurpleParrot posted in a different colour?

Quote from: Rhyden on June 25, 2011, 07:11:10 PM
SNOW MAGES!!!! WAHOOO!!!

What if PurpleParrot posted in a different colour?

I would have a more difficult time finding my posts. I'm arrogant and self-absorbed; I like to hear myself talk :D (Ahem. Read what I've written.)

I've done it, though. I forgot to add the code once and it was black =\ I went back and fixed it.
It was in this thread, actually. I get all excited playing this game xD

What if everyone had the patience to post in their own colours?