What if..?

Started by NOFUN, March 18, 2011, 07:53:34 AM

Quote from: perfecto on June 12, 2011, 01:31:35 AM
elves all over the place would start noticing they aren't as tall as they used to be.

What if the staff decided the players piss them off too much and banned everyone else from the game?
The playerbase would move to playing Minecraft.

What if we re-invented Zalanthas on a Minecraft server?
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on June 12, 2011, 02:37:35 AM
The playerbase would move to playing Minecraft.

What if we re-invented Zalanthas on a Minecraft server?

The playerbase would move to playing Terraria after 15 or so years.

What if you could see your character's stats (in D&D form) after death?
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

That would actually be kinda cool.

What if Cindy finally got to play an Elkrosian?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: lordcooper on June 13, 2011, 01:51:31 PM

She'd probably die a quick death after misinterpreting the helpfile for a starter spell.

What if Halaster came back?

Quote from: Qzzrbl on June 14, 2011, 12:16:06 PM

He wouldn't be a staff, and thus be subjected to all the new policies and procedures, and probably write a giant flame in the Player Announcements about how he's leaving again.

What if staff did what players ask, and created a giant world plot, and it had no wiggle room for player intervention and just killed everyone?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Welcome to Noob-ageddon

It would almost be refreshing if everyone had to start from zero at the same time.

What if the Sand Lord tired of his title and decided to sell RedStorm to the Gith?
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

... Then he'd just be another generic sorc (or whatever the hell he is???) and... get eaten by the Gith?

What if... wait, we already did that one. What if each city-state agreed to a permanent truce, and sent one templar of their choosing into the other city?

Quote from: Saellyn on June 18, 2011, 07:54:54 AM
... Then he'd just be another generic sorc (or whatever the hell he is???) and... get eaten by the Gith?

What if... wait, we already did that one. What if each city-state agreed to a permanent truce, and sent one templar of their choosing into the other city?

It would obviously just be a ruse and lead to a cold war, with the templars sent away having horrible lives. I certainly wouldn't want to be in the place of the Templar sent to Tuluk. I'm not saying that as a jibe at Tuluk, but rather saying that I would really not want to be an Allanaki templar who was required to hang out down there.

What if the Allanaki templars decided that Nilazi could be gemmed? (we are assuming that Nilazi are as helpless to escape the gem as any other gemmer)
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: Taven on June 18, 2011, 10:48:52 AM
Quote from: Saellyn on June 18, 2011, 07:54:54 AM

It would obviously just be a ruse and lead to a cold war, with the templars sent away having horrible lives. I certainly wouldn't want to be in the place of the Templar sent to Tuluk. I'm not saying that as a jibe at Tuluk, but rather saying that I would really not want to be an Allanaki templar who was required to hang out down there.

What if the Allanaki templars decided that Nilazi could be gemmed? (we are assuming that Nilazi are as helpless to escape the gem as any other gemmer)
The Gaj would be their new temple and no one would use the Way anymore.

What if the Silt Sea had a silt-tsunami?
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote from: Qzzrbl on June 14, 2011, 12:16:06 PM
Quote from: lordcooper on June 13, 2011, 01:51:31 PM

She'd probably die a quick death after misinterpreting the helpfile for a starter spell.

XD

Red Storm would, after a few ominous weather signs over the course of several real life days, drawing more witnesses, look like New Orleans. I doubt it would reach allanak. And one or two giants might get thrown onto the shore from the force of the tsunami, causing panic amongst the tiny snacks running around down there. You would be able to die in Red Storm without actually bothering anyone. And there would always be people attempting to sift the silt left over to get some spice until the storms eventually blew it all away. If the tsunami left part of the silt sea in Red Storm like a leftover flood, there'd be a lot of drowning and a lot of great loot for those smart enough to take refuge in high places, assuming the silt went down before they starved to death. of course, staff would have to keep the npcs from picking up everything they saw in every single room or there wouldn't be any loot and simply a lot of silty death.

What if everyone was allowed, during the entirety of a month from 1 to 31/30, to play a mindbender?
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Cindy42 on June 18, 2011, 05:01:40 PM
XD

Red Storm would, after a few ominous weather signs over the course of several real life days, drawing more witnesses, look like New Orleans. I doubt it would reach allanak. And one or two giants might get thrown onto the shore from the force of the tsunami, causing panic amongst the tiny snacks running around down there. You would be able to die in Red Storm without actually bothering anyone. And there would always be people attempting to sift the silt left over to get some spice until the storms eventually blew it all away. If the tsunami left part of the silt sea in Red Storm like a leftover flood, there'd be a lot of drowning and a lot of great loot for those smart enough to take refuge in high places, assuming the silt went down before they starved to death. of course, staff would have to keep the npcs from picking up everything they saw in every single room or there wouldn't be any loot and simply a lot of silty death.

What if everyone was allowed, during the entirety of a month from 1 to 31/30, to play a mindbender?

A lot of people would get bad account notes.

What if Luir came back to claim the Outpost?

We'd have 120 players during peak again, as it would trigger another totally awesome world war summer HRPT.

What if the kryl were actually just halflings in mechanized kryl-suits?

Quote from: jstorrie on June 18, 2011, 06:26:13 PM
We'd have 120 players during peak again, as it would trigger another totally awesome world war summer HRPT.

What if the kryl were actually just halflings in mechanized kryl-suits?

Some Tulukis would find out eventually.

A squarish blue and green, floral-painted wagon is here.
The shaggy, brown-haired man is standing here.
The leggy, lanky redhead is standing here.
The dapper, blond man is standing here.
The pudgy, bespectacled brunette is standing here.
A brown, black-spotted gortok stands here happily.
The very short figure in a black-shelled kryl costume is reclining here.

The dapper, blond man approaches the very short figure in a black-shelled kryl costume, reaching for its antennae and tugging on them roughly.

As it is tugged off by the dapper, blond man, a war-inked halfling removes his head of a black-shelled kryl.

Surprised, the dapper, blond man says, in sirihish:
   "So the kryl are just halflings in disguise, trying to scare Tulukis from the Grey Forest!"

Sourly, a war-inked halfling says, in kentu:
   "und I wojld heva golten auay witf ot, tao, of ot hndn'z bkep fer ymu meddlpng kcds!"

What if gith are actually the result of radiation exposure to elves?

June 18, 2011, 08:39:03 PM #388 Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:50:44 PM by Cindy42
Quote from: Cutthroat on June 18, 2011, 08:14:29 PM
What if gith are actually the result of radiation exposure to elves?

Then gith would have a lot of cancer fatalities, as well as bynners used to fighting them, since radiation leaks from object to object. But since cancer doesn't seem to exist or be known of in Arm, everyone would think it was one of the already known diseases. The bynners' items and also the giths' items that people take into the city would have radiation in them too, and any elf bynners who fought gith before, interacted with gith, or used radiation-infected items and clothing would eventually turn into gith as well, if that is what you're thinking of. Certain people would avoid playing elves and others would play more elves, due to the fact that one could spontaneously transform into a gith in the Gaj, and the benefits and detriments that would come with that. Gith are now playable, in the same way that hlum nobles are.

What if all humans died out from a disease?
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Elves, the natural predator of humans, would completely die out. DORFAGEDDON.

What if instead of kung fu, Jihaens had guns?

Quote from: jstorrie on June 18, 2011, 10:23:48 PM

What if Allanaki templars knew kung fu?
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

June 19, 2011, 02:22:41 AM #391 Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 02:24:16 AM by Potaje
Quote from: Archbaron on June 19, 2011, 12:54:44 AM
Quote from: jstorrie on June 18, 2011, 10:23:48 PM

What if Allanaki templars knew kung fu?

Answer:
or

What is you could ride Bahamets and Mekellots?
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

As a former MxO player and fan of the Matrix, you guys made me cry a little bit in nostalgia ;_;

The stables would take up a few city blocks at least.

What if Suk Krath was forever drifting closer, and the world just kept getting hotter and hotter?
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Swathes of the nobility would dismiss the encroaching climate change as a "liberal myth". Then some kid in green with a bunch of time-travelling masks would save the day.

What if somebody in Tuluk invented rock 'n' roll?

He'd be Tuluk's answer to Stravinsky and his first hit would be called the Rite of Spring

What if there were a greater bardic presence in the south?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on June 19, 2011, 06:21:43 PM
What if there were a greater bardic presence in the south?

Higher northern bard fatalities. Copious amounts of bloodshed accompanying southern music performances. it would become viable to die by mosh pit.

What if Tuluk were gone?
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Luir's would actually have a consistent player population and Muk Utep would be kicking back in Luir's bedroom.

Quote from: Jeshin on June 19, 2011, 07:06:47 PM
Luir's would actually have a consistent player population and Muk Utep would be kicking back in Luir's bedroom.

What is people added a question at the end of their answers?
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on June 19, 2011, 07:08:58 PM
Quote from: Jeshin on June 19, 2011, 07:06:47 PM

What is people added a question at the end of their answers?

I'll take the Potpourri for 1000, Alex.

What if Zalanthas had flying machines?