What if..?

Started by NOFUN, March 18, 2011, 07:53:34 AM

Quote from: Erythil on April 14, 2011, 02:32:03 AM
I would demand IMMEDIATE implementation of Barsoom adventures just outside of the Known.

What if Tektolnes had an elite force of different-colored Templar named for animals...who transformed in a highly practiced sequence?

Kadius would make a huge profit selling rubber suits for each monster (abomination?) of the week.

What if all female pcs were actually played by females?
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

There would be much less female PCs, especially as some females would be playing males. Then more people would start playing homosexual males.

What if there were four moons?
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on April 14, 2011, 03:08:05 AM
There would be much less female PCs, especially as some females would be playing males. Then more people would start playing homosexual males.

What if there were four moons?

Someone would end up getting pissed off at the increased number of moons (probably Muk because he hates weird things) and shoot down lirathu and jihae because those two obviously enjoyed increasing the moon population.

What if animals could be born as 'gickers and mindbenders?
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Some creatures would be just as awesome as they are in Dark Sun.

What if f-me's finally went the way of the dinosaur?
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Quote from: Marshmellow on April 14, 2011, 03:11:50 PM
Some creatures would be just as awesome as they are in Dark Sun.

What if f-me's finally went the way of the dinosaur?

We'd see an escalation in the amount of serial-flirting with anything no matter how pocked, crippled, or smelly. The griping over that would also shoot way up.

What if mounts were tamed and carried aroundable in magicked orbs like pokemon?

The Byn would save a buttload of sid from stabling fees.

What if rat NPCs could be found in commonly traveled parts of the cities?
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Someone with a taste for newbie boots would create a PC with 'rat' as a keyword.

What if the Sand Lord were to hold an annual barbecue and market it as the Luirsfest of the far south?

Quote from: Delusion on April 14, 2011, 04:42:17 PM
Someone with a taste for newbie boots would create a PC with 'rat' as a keyword.

What if the Sand Lord were to hold an annual barbecue and market it as the Luirsfest of the far south?

There would be an increase in silt horror sightings as people You stumble around and lose your bearings. right into the silt, the scent of decaying newbie flesh in the sand attracting them.

What if you could temporarily revoke clan status?

Quote from: MeTekillot on April 14, 2011, 05:59:30 PM
There would be an increase in silt horror sightings as people You stumble around and lose your bearings. right into the silt, the scent of decaying newbie flesh in the sand attracting them.

What if you could temporarily revoke clan status?

More militia PCs would do this when they want to have someone assassinated in a backroom, without getting their assassin buddy insta crime coded.

What if Allanak's remaining farming village grew to the size of Red Storm, and could be picked as a starting location?
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

There would be much less "farm boy" backgrounds starting out in Allanak.

What if one of the cities decided to make literacy legal and a commoner right?
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on April 14, 2011, 11:19:26 PM
There would be much less "farm boy" backgrounds starting out in Allanak.

What if one of the cities decided to make literacy legal and a commoner right?
The other city-state would, quickly realizing the threat to their own reign and control over their citizens, assemble and attack the other city.

What if, at every late night, demons of varying sizes and abilities arose from the earth's surface to lay siege to every known settlement until the coming of the dawn - where they then dispersed into a fine mist and returned to the grounds?
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

The skinny, rune-painted man would wage war upon them.

What if Gandalf strode through Tuluk.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

The Lirathans would invite him into the Pyramid for tea.

That was the last anyone heard of Gandalf, though Shadowfax has been seen trotting around town under care of the Precentor.

What if the Balrog attacked Allanak... wait...

Okay, what if Sauron walked into Allanak?

Quote from: a strange shadow on April 14, 2011, 11:41:39 PM
Okay, what if Sauron walked into Allanak?
The commoners would bow before him, mistaking him for Tektolnes?

What if a Staff member, out of boredom, decided to herald a trio of adventurers into a quest to save the Known from destruction - Pitting them against hordes of difficult, yet never seemingly impossible foes to defeat, puzzles and riddles to solve, and cavern-like mazes to descend into - Stopping, along the way, to use the coins they looted from the corpses of their foes to pay random NPC traders who have been conveniently placed within the mazes to sell food, water, and better equipment?
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I'd bring my d20.

What if a zombifying virus spread amongst the Gith and they marched on Luir's Outpost during the gypsyfest?
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Crossbow and blunt weapon sales would be at an all-time high. The T'zai Byn would be rich. Staff would be flooded with special apps for a zombified character if someone's character were killed as a zombie.

What if there were half as many rooms to walk through, but walking through them took twice as long and twice as much stamina?

Elves would become a lot more popular.

What if Tektolnes himself captured a Gith as a baby, trained it to speak Sirihish, made it a Templar, and then set it loose on the streets of Allanak for funsies?

Quote from: Celest on April 15, 2011, 01:55:40 AM
What if Tektolnes himself captured a Gith as a baby, trained it to speak Sirihish, made it a Templar, and then set it loose on the streets of Allanak for funsies?
No one would be able to tell the difference :P

What if people actually used crossbows?

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on April 15, 2011, 02:15:07 AM
What if people actually used crossbows?

Everyone would complain that slingshots need to be buffed to compensate.

What if you could become a sorceror, with any mundane character, by simply entering a room. But this room caused you to suffer delusions and immediately become a defiler, killing everyone you know and love?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

The eco score in the world would plummet even further.

What if they locked all races/classes except half-giant and pick-pocket?
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

... Then Half-giants would have to mimic each other, except there's nobody for them to mimic, so everyone would stand around drooling dumbly.

What if, for one day, you could enter the game as your real life persona, but only in the Rinth, and you were fully equipped? And every persona was wearing a red bandana?

Quote from: Saellyn on April 15, 2011, 12:35:09 PM
... Then Half-giants would have to mimic each other, except there's nobody for them to mimic, so everyone would stand around drooling dumbly.

What if, for one day, you could enter the game as your real life persona, but only in the Rinth, and you were fully equipped? And every persona was wearing a red bandana?
I'd be backstabbin' the fuck out of you all :)

What if there was an in-game House of straight-up Ninja assassins that were both feared and respected?

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on April 15, 2011, 10:38:36 PM
Quote from: Saellyn on April 15, 2011, 12:35:09 PM

I'd be backstabbin' the fuck out of you all :)

What if there was an in-game House of straight-up Ninja assassins that were both feared and respected?

Assuming that there aren't clans that are close to this already... If it was a merchant House, in Tuluk it would have a northern-only policy (at least publicly) and nobody would much care, except it would (maybe) be easier to find assassins. An astounding amount of people would still get backstabbed while trying to mudsex them anyway. In Allanak, they would have issues with the Templarite, and be forced into the rinth, where inevitably they'd come into conflict with the Guild. Secretly, of course, the Allanaki templars would hire them all the time, to remove unwanted people. Actually, this all sounds remarkably similar to now.

What if Sath and Negean were open for play?
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: Taven on April 15, 2011, 10:54:45 PMWhat if Sath and Negean were open for play?

The PCs would compete to write a history book in their city's favor. Sath would make it really obvious:

All the True Blue and Red Robed templars were bored of pwning Tuluk, so they decided to stop occupying it, but only after peeing on the flowers. They just pretended to be dead to make those idiot Tulukis happy.

Tuluk experienced the effects of not having White Robe Bottled Water. White Robe Bottled Water: The Water that Doesn't Try to Kill You For Drinking It. Nothing bad in Allanak happened that year, or in any other year either.

And Negean would be subtly subversive:

Exactly one year after the beginning of the siege of Allanak, Tektolnes reappears in the guise of a dragon and breathes death upon the sieging army - the army ceases to exist. And that, my friends, is why the Sun King invented mint tea.

Kanks die out, and their honey becomes non-existent. Despite saving large stockpiles of honey, restaurants in Allanak stop serving honied foods, because it's no fun eating honey when the animal you got it from isn't horribly suffering.

What if there was a critical fail for every skill (from analyze to woodworking, backstab to watch, and everything in between) that resulted in injury for the PC?

>use sifter
You trip and fall face first into the shallow, but still-deep-enough-to-drown-you silty sand.
<mantishead>

What is someone else posted a cool answer to, "What if every skill had a critical fail that resulted in injury to the PC?"
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.