What if..?

Started by NOFUN, March 18, 2011, 07:53:34 AM

We would be blessed with the presence of an Fme Kryl. Then again, I guess they're all fme already, its just their ways of propagation is a little different.

What if Utep pronounced a waleuk a holy day in remembrance of the Halfling extinction and made cannibalism not only legal, but encouraged, and even a matter of good taste and class.

Tulukis would need to have coded babies again.  They would be for sale in baby shops for thousands of sid.

What if one day everyone logged in to find that they were playing... the first character they ever created.
Back from a long retirement

Quote from: EvilRoeSlade on April 05, 2011, 05:52:50 PM
Tulukis would need to have coded babies again.  They would be for sale in baby shops for thousands of sid.

What if one day everyone logged in to find that they were playing... the first character they ever created.

I'd find myself dieing again to the shopkeeper I tried to steal from.

What if all the magickers in the realm decided they would team up and make their own super special magick city?
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Quote from: Reiteration on April 05, 2011, 06:00:09 PM
What if all the magickers in the realm decided they would team up and make their own super special magick city?

Nothing would ever get done, and there would be no money to be made. All rukkians would be force to build buildings in a day, vivs would be chained to walls, making water, and the entire city would be owned by a triumvir of a Krathi, a Drovian, and an Elkran. As such, all motions require 3/3 votes, and since the most they ever get is 2/3, the system crumbles.

What if, by using the Way, you could actually speak to animals, and not just get "their mind is too foreign"?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on April 05, 2011, 06:34:48 PM
What if, by using the Way, you could actually speak to animals, and not just get "their mind is too foreign"?
Then animals could speak back, too!

A foreign presence contacts your mind.

A sandy-brown mekillot sends you a telepathic message:
     "OMNOMNOM!"

A sandy-brown mekillot sends you a telepathic message:
     "(ooc: mistell, sorry)"

You sense a foreign presence withdraw from your mind.

What if that happened to you while you were in the Salt Flats?
Quote from: Return of the King (1980)
It's so easy not to try,
Let the world go drifting by--
If you never say, "Hello,"
You won't have to say, "Good Bye."

I'd contact it back

You send a telepathic message to a sandy-brown mekillot:
     "WHARRGARBLE!"

What if a Kryl hit on you ICly?

I'd be stunned.

What if gith hung out at bars?

Quote from: Rhyden on April 05, 2011, 07:07:32 PMWhat if gith hung out at bars?

There are 10 messages on the board.
1 : [Tue Apr 5 16:37:12 2011] The Laws of New Githanak (Nyr)
2 : [Wed Apr 6 15:06:02 2011] House Kadius seeks gith bandage-makers
3 : [Thu Apr 7 23:59:19 2011] All the gith freed from the Arena!!!
4 : [Fri Apr 8 01:20:05 2011] A gith mocks Samos in front of templars... hilarity ensues
5 : [Sat Apr 9 22:17:38 2011] Point: Gith eat too many of us.
6 : [Sat Apr 9 23:13:46 2011] Counter-Point: Some gith are better leaders than most blue-robes.
7 : [Sun Apr 10 14:23:30 2011] Sharp-eyed prostitute: was she a secret gith all this time?!
8 : [Mon Apr 11 19:23:01 2011] "Throw Spears at Elf" Replaces Hardscrabble... Elves Not Amused
9 : [Tue Apr 12 21:33:27 2011] Allanak's new primary export: gith gear?
10: [Wed Apr 13 23:38:17 2011] If you're a gith, plz don't read this: AoD RPT (Apr. 20)

What if a single gun and many bullets loaded in a random room of the game?

Quote from: Cutthroat on April 05, 2011, 07:38:11 PM
What if a single gun and many bullets loaded in a random room of the game?

Melted down for the metal immediately.  Followed by a subsequent spike of mastercraft submissions.

What if the Sorcerer Kings suddenly turned into Sorcerer Queens?
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on April 05, 2011, 09:08:40 PM
Melted down for the metal immediately.  Followed by a subsequent spike of mastercraft submissions.

The Bloodiest Few Days War would commence.

What if Tektolnes had door-to-door Jehovah's Witness-like salesmen that tried converting tribes/villages?
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

The Bloodiest Few Days War would commence.

What if Tektolnes had door-to-door Jehovah's Witness-like salesmen that tried converting tribes/villages?

Jehovah's witnesses already have enough trouble staying alive knocking on apartment doors in some neighborhoods. In arm? Fucking toasted. Apartment ganks ftw.

A sillk-clad servant of the highlord arrives from the nroth.

you close the door.
you lock the door with a red key.

you say ooc: "consent for graphic sexual and brutal torture scene?"

l bed
On a big bloodied bed (here):
a few bodies of silk-clad servants of the highlord are here
a blue-tassled pillow

What if dwarves were extinct instead of kanks?
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on April 05, 2011, 09:26:18 PM
What if dwarves were extinct instead of kanks?

Borsail and Winrothol would be screwed. They'd still be able to make other slaves, but no more muls! Also, fighting Houses which employ dwarves and the Byn would have a sudden lack of firepower. This would lead to a new cross breed, between half-giants and humans. Sadly, since there's no way that could work magickally, House Oash would get all the benefit from that, and finally take Borsail's place as first house.

What if human births started to decline, making elves the most populous race?
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: TavenWhat if human births started to decline, making elves the most populous race?
More elven slaves.

What if someone formed the first Heavy metal band in Armageddon?
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on April 05, 2011, 10:29:40 PM
Quote from: TavenWhat if human births started to decline, making elves the most populous race?
More elven slaves.

What if someone formed the first Heavy metal band in Armageddon?

They would be instantly killed and have their weapons smelted down to make swords for templars.

What if you could learn skills from NPCs for a certain amount of obsidian coins?

Quote from: MeTekillot on April 06, 2011, 01:03:33 AM
What if you could learn skills from NPCs for a certain amount of obsidian coins?

Then people would forage like mad to deposit coins in the skill dispensers.

What would happen if a McDonalds tried to open in Allanak?
Lunch makes me happy.

They'd be in competition with the Labyrinth for 'shittiest food of all time'.

What if desert elves were actually half-elf, half-carru centaurs?
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on April 06, 2011, 08:07:49 PM

There wouldn't have been any complaining when Charge was implemented from that sector.

What if Tektolnes decided bridges were better than walls, destroyed naks, and built a bridge across (?) the silt sea?
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Quote from: Marc on April 06, 2011, 09:34:16 PM
Quote from: HavokBlue on April 06, 2011, 08:07:49 PM

There wouldn't have been any complaining when Charge was implemented from that sector.

What if Tektolnes decided bridges were better than walls, destroyed naks, and built a bridge across (?) the silt sea?

People would crowd to join the Byn, more than they already do, to get some protection from potshot gith-spears.

What if Allanak and Tuluk suddenly formulated a truce, and built a co-operatively owned city state in the middle of the Red Desert?

The game would suddenly get 100% more awesome due to increased player density and inner-circle power struggles.

What if NPC AI was flawless?

Quote from: a strange shadow on April 06, 2011, 09:47:30 PM
The game would suddenly get 100% more awesome due to increased player density and inner-circle power struggles.

What if NPC AI was flawless?
The matrix.

What if Steinal rose from the sands and Valasurus wtf-pwned Tektolnes and Muk Utep?
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Everyone would be wearing pale blue to Luirsfest.

What if scrabs looked like obsidian deposits from a distance?
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Individual obsidian miners would go down drastically. Obsidian would be harder to get, pay would probably go up from 10%-50%. People would start grouping up to mine obsidian.

What if someone created mutated elf slaves like those blue thingies in Avatar to replace muls?
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Everyone would suddenly develop a "secret" fetish for elfmuls and live out their fantasies of fucking an Avatar alien.

What if the Dragon was once just a very small boy who liked to tear the wings off of kankflies, and you were his babysitter?

Quote from: a strange shadow on April 07, 2011, 03:46:24 AM
Everyone would suddenly develop a "secret" fetish for elfmuls and live out their fantasies of fucking an Avatar alien.

What if the Dragon was once just a very small boy who liked to tear the wings off of kankflies, and you were his babysitter?

Christopher Walken - Dead Zone.

What if it was culturally acceptable/common for men to breastfeed?
Quote from: scienceAn early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

Quote from: Ampere on April 07, 2011, 05:10:28 AM
What if it was culturally acceptable/common for men to breastfeed?

Then we'd all have to take RP lessons from you.

What if the mantis of Zalanthas were actually a reclusive tribe of technologically elite humans in chitin powersuits?
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC