What if..?

Started by NOFUN, March 18, 2011, 07:53:34 AM

He'd idle constantly to go afk and deal with is kids.

What if hollywood discovered Arm?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

You people aren't playing by the rules.

Quote from: Taven on March 28, 2011, 12:17:13 AM
What if you didn't have to be human to be a hlum noble?

There would be either be plenty of half-elf noble bastards running around, or no non-human Hlum as who the feck would accept them as their betters?

Quote from: Barzalene on March 28, 2011, 08:24:37 AM
What if hollywood discovered Arm?

It'd either turn it into the biggest movie production of all time, sell it out as a crappy, low-budget B-rate movie, or turn away in horror at a setting even more depraved than it is.

What would happen if I made a dwarf ranger/lumberjack with the focus of cutting down enough wood and killing and cooking up enough animals to start up their own "fast food" franchise in botch city states and each outpost?
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Pale Horse on March 28, 2011, 01:48:32 PM
What would happen if I made a dwarf ranger/lumberjack with the focus of cutting down enough wood and killing and cooking up enough animals to start up their own "fast food" franchise in botch city states and each outpost?

You would need a good branding, to employee a lot of people, pay for zoning and licensing to the powers that be of each place, and a snappy name, with its own jungle, thus you need to hire a bard.

Then slowly you would need to employee more hunters and grebbers than any merchant house as your chain eateries grew numerous, perhaps offering franchise to  others.

What is Zalanthas had Lawyers, and there was a pseudo legal structure like ancient greece or the modern day world and criminals would have representation, if they could not afford representation one would be provided for them?

What is all this took place in public, where the two sides argue it out?
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

QuoteWhat is all this took place in public, where the two sides argue it out?

Then lawyers would be gladiators.

What if a dwarf became a sorcerer king?

Quote from: Titania on March 28, 2011, 02:40:37 PM

Then they would have an Emerald city, surrounded by a field of poppies.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Pale Horse on March 28, 2011, 01:48:32 PM
You people aren't playing by the rules.

You are a good person and a good roleplayer and I want to have your babies. But only to sell in my dwarven fast food franchise.

Potaje, stop breaking the rules. You have to ask a question if you answer one. No baby fries for you.

Quote from: Titania on March 28, 2011, 02:40:37 PM

They would immediately try to wipe out all the other sorcerer kings as inevitably their focus changed to become the only sorcerer king. They would accomplish this by hiring skilled dwarven bards (or a human bender?) to tie all the other focuses of all dwarves everywhere into the defeat of the other two city states. Both Allanak and Tuluk would fall in a matter of weeks. The Gaj, however, would be preserved and moved to the new city-state, because when it's threatened bynners get scary. Defeating Allanak would be easy, you'd steal all the citizens away with promises of food and the system would collapse. With Tuluk, you'd find a magickal way to instantly erase all tattoos, throwing the city into chaos. The dwarf would then command three city-states and own the world. Scary thought.

What if Tuluk had an order of black-robed templars that were hermaphrodites?

As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: Taven on March 28, 2011, 11:10:47 PM

Fap fap fap fap fap fap.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: Taven on March 28, 2011, 11:10:47 PM

They would dance in front of the mirror to depressing music, with makeup on, saying, "Would you f*ck me?  I'd f*ck me."  Wait, that's transvestite.  Ok, still.

What if Zalanthan politics was like Earthican politics?

Quote from: Kismetic on March 29, 2011, 02:37:58 AM

There would be huge demonstrations demanding democracy in both city-states, and people would actually get away with it. A few would get pwnt by templars, but the United Council of the Known would bombard Muk and Tek until they resigned their position to make way for elections.

What if a ranger logged out while riding a kank a few RL years ago, and logged back in now... still riding said kank?

Quote from: Akaramu on March 29, 2011, 02:35:31 PM

There would be huge demonstrations demanding democracy in both city-states, and people would actually get away with it. A few would get pwnt by templars, but the United Council of the Known would bombard Muk and Tek until they resigned their position to make way for elections.

What if a ranger logged out while riding a kank a few RL years ago, and logged back in now... still riding said kank?

It's happened. Not exactly, but people with old mount tickets have logged in and had kanks. I saw a kank in the last RL year, but it was considered a bug and not counted as IC. If this happens, the ranger needs to junk the ticket. Codedly the kank is sick. I don't know if it would eventually die. Anyone who sees anyone riding a kank would OOC about it, saying that was incorrect.

What if someone found a kank that was still alive and intended to be that way? (IE, not a bug).

Quote from: Taven on March 29, 2011, 07:06:34 PM
Quote from: Akaramu on March 29, 2011, 02:35:31 PM

It's happened. Not exactly, but people with old mount tickets have logged in and had kanks. I saw a kank in the last RL year, but it was considered a bug and not counted as IC. If this happens, the ranger needs to junk the ticket. Codedly the kank is sick. I don't know if it would eventually die. Anyone who sees anyone riding a kank would OOC about it, saying that was incorrect.

What if someone found a kank that was still alive and intended to be that way? (IE, not a bug).

Wish up and your mount will be replaced with something appropriate.
Quote from: scienceAn early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

Quote from: Taven on March 29, 2011, 07:06:34 PM

Everyone would assume that it was an exploit and report/complain about it. Or they'd worship it.

What if all the other mounts died?
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Desert elves quickly assume dominance of most of the Known World. Kurac becomes the richest entity in the known as sales of desert camo skyrocket.

What if a mantis/gith PC that was logged out ages ago somehow logged in, in the middle of Allanak, armed to the teeth with steel weapons?
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on March 29, 2011, 10:23:15 PM
Desert elves quickly assume dominance of most of the Known World. Kurac becomes the richest entity in the known as sales of desert camo skyrocket.

What if a mantis/gith PC that was logged out ages ago somehow logged in, in the middle of Allanak, armed to the teeth with steel weapons?

There would be lots of wishing up and staff intervention. Sadly, after the aging code was applied the PC would be physically unable to move. They would be force stored.

What if each GDB thread consisted of (don't get hung up on the how) people talking face to face in a room?

With all the personalities we have on the board?  The blood would be 5 inches deep.

What have I got in my pocket?
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Pale Horse on March 30, 2011, 12:40:39 AM
With all the personalities we have on the board?  The blood would be 5 inches deep.

What have I got in my pocket?

That isn't a what-if question! However, it's easy enough. You have the shrunken head of a Red Fang, some lint, purple salts from the day you mudsexxed on the flats and forgot to sell them to Jal, some travel cakes, Samos Rennik's missing eye, Gage Gritsaw's loincloth (ewwww), and Baobab the kank's dung. You sure do keep odd, yet strangely epic, things.

What if cleaning fluid could be used to poison knives?

Quote from: Taven on March 30, 2011, 12:58:48 AM

That isn't a what-if question! However, it's easy enough. You have the shrunken head of a Red Fang, some lint, purple salts from the day you mudsexxed on the flats and forgot to sell them to Jal, some travel cakes, Samos Rennik's missing eye, Gage Gritsaw's loincloth (ewwww), and Baobab the kank's dung. You sure do keep odd, yet strangely epic, things.

What if cleaning fluid could be used to poison knives?
You would see more 'sneaks' having their 'clothes' 'washed'.

What if a new gith chieftain (or whatever) decided to spread peace across the Known, sending linguist diplomats across the Known to spread the word?
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

The diplomats would get shot on sight. They'd have to find some middle man, like a hunter or contact the Byn, but even that's no guarantee.

What if the T'zai Byn never existed?
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on March 30, 2011, 07:36:22 AM
What if the T'zai Byn never existed?

People would hire independents to ride them off the Shield Wall.

What if the kryl decided to move south?

Quote from: Kismetic on March 30, 2011, 08:01:34 AM
What if the kryl decided to move south?

They would instigate a fight with the mantis for their prime real estate.  It would be known as the Great Bugger War.

If Allanak came up with an air transit system, what would it look like?
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Catapults.

What if each obsidian coin was the size of a saucer?

Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

There'd be quite a bit of deflation. And people would be using chunks of obsidian as trading. And little things like foods would be more expensive as they'd cost a single coin. Actually, that sounds pretty awesome, makes more roleplaying sense than counting 1032 coins in a few mins.

What if the city states used glass instead of obsidian for currency?

Major inflation, considering all the sand.

What if raptors were a playable race?
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on March 30, 2011, 10:28:21 AM

I'd special app/family app for a group of raptors now and jurassic park everyone's ass.

What if someone cried tears of metal?

Quote from: Mooney on March 30, 2011, 10:53:12 AM
Quote from: HavokBlue on March 30, 2011, 10:28:21 AM

I'd special app/family app for a group of raptors now and jurassic park everyone's ass.

What if someone cried tears of metal?

They would be the most hard-core half-elf on Zalanthas.

What if Allanak opened an alienage for gith and mantis, considering they already harbour good for nothing 'gickers?