What if..?

Started by NOFUN, March 18, 2011, 07:53:34 AM

I'd take over.

What if Nyr, Morgenes, and Adhira all revealed to us that this was actually a psychology experiment they were performing?

I wouldn't really be surprised.

What if the Gaj closed down?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: Saellyn on March 26, 2011, 12:57:14 PM
I'd take over.

What if Nyr, Morgenes, and Adhira all revealed to us that this was actually a psychology experiment they were performing?

I'd be really curious about what the results are.

Quote from: lordcooper on March 26, 2011, 01:06:22 PM
I wouldn't really be surprised.

What if the Gaj closed down?

There would be massive riots. If you thought previous riots were bad, see what happens when you take the tavern from the large people with swords away. Allanak would have a full rebellion on it's hands. Then they would try to take over Red's. This would not go well with the nobles. It would be very messy. Then staff would re-open Fale, who would throw an amazing party, and the rebellion would cease while people just drank copious amounts. The militia would win, because they would force one person to stay out of the party, and then slit the unconscious throats of all the mercenary rebels. Then the soldiers would rebel, because they would want a tavern they can fart in without nobles getting pissy. The templarite could kill them all, of course, but at this point it would be too much hassle and they'd leave themselves unguarded. Thus, they would reopen the Gaj to save all of Allanak. It would be glorious.

What if they moved the Gaj to Tuluk?
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Full-scale invasion of Tuluk by Allanaki citizens.

What if they moved the jail closer to the criminals?
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on March 27, 2011, 01:02:13 AM
Full-scale invasion of Tuluk by Allanaki citizens.

What if they moved the jail closer to the criminals?

Then the criminals would move further from the jail.

What if elves were the next race to be wiped out?

Quote from: MeTekillot on March 27, 2011, 02:15:32 AM
What if elves were the next race to be wiped out?

Then gypsies would own all of the wastes.

What if Armageddon took place in a quasi-modern wasteland setting instead of a primitive one? How would that affect the different races and guilds?
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

If by quasi modern you mean there're jeeps, then desert elves would be screwed. Or have to invest in land mines.

What if water was available to all?

Quote from: Mooney on March 27, 2011, 03:10:26 AM
If by quasi modern you mean there're jeeps, then desert elves would be screwed. Or have to invest in land mines.

What if water was available to all?

House Jal and House Tenneshi would be less boss.

What if there were kittens available for purchase in one of the non-main cities?
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

People would want them to have some kind of coded bonus when worn/held/hitched.

What if the next race to disappear from Armageddon was due to player initiative? :evil grin:
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

We'd all miss those poor humans.

What if a new race was to be a small lizard-like race?
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Quote from: Marshmellow on March 27, 2011, 11:01:11 AM
What if a new race was to be a small lizard-like race?

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,36530.0.html
What-if granted.

What if we hired the A-Team to kidnap Ginka so we could keep 1.Arm up FOREVER!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

What if we hired the A-Team to kidnap Ginka so we could keep 1.Arm up FOREVER!

Then I wouldn't even think about 2.arm

What if x-d couldn't really own all?
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

X-D isnt really a person. It's just a product of natural equilibrium of badassery. There always has to be someone who is more badass then everyone else, just to upkeep the perspective. And when the need for that reaches a certain pinnacle, the universe creates an X-D.

What would happen if Tekltolnes decided to make an experiment and create an entire generation of Templars out of the Elven stock.

There would be a lot of tired soldiers dying of exhaustion in the desert trying to keep up with them.

What of Tek and Muk Utep married and had kids?

Quote from: Ktavialt on March 27, 2011, 03:03:53 PM
There would be a lot of tired soldiers dying of exhaustion in the desert trying to keep up with them.

What of Tek and Muk Utep married and had kids?

They would only be able to get a civil union ... and that means that Tek wouldn't be allowed to sponsor Utep for a visa to come live in Allanak.

What would an elf and a halfling make?
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

At least one corpse.

What if the worlds of Zalanthas and Middle Earth somehow merged?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

At least one corpse.

Froto wouldn't have made it anywhere with that fucking ring.

What if a bard introduced a catchy rap tune into zalanthas.. and it stuck.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on March 27, 2011, 03:27:35 PM

At least one corpse.

Then Allanaki would be infused with bardic rap, because the Tuluki circles would turn up their noses at it (even if the common Tuluki citizen liked it).

What if you could only be an aide if you were a mindbender, and this was publicly known?

Quote from: Taven on March 27, 2011, 05:27:34 PM
Quote from: Majikal on March 27, 2011, 03:27:35 PM

At least one corpse.

Then Allanaki would be infused with bardic rap, because the Tuluki circles would turn up their noses at it (even if the common Tuluki citizen liked it).

What if you could only be an aide if you were a mindbender, and this was publicly known?

everyone would run screaming from them at first until laws were put in place to prevent this from happening, and then everyone would do anything the aides said, like templars, but with your brain burning, rather than soldiers everywhere.

what if allank claimed an island in the silt sea and populated it with farmers and shit?
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

They would die from the monsters. Or be very prosperous, start a new colonial age, and get robbed by silt elves and Tulukis.

What if Zalanthas was more fertile?
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on March 27, 2011, 10:02:10 PM
They would die from the monsters. Or be very prosperous, start a new colonial age, and get robbed by silt elves and Tulukis.

What if Zalanthas was more fertile?

Pft, why would Tuluk bother with going all the way to the silt sea to hassle people? If they really wanted to be a bother they'd hire someone else to do it. More likely they'd just ignore it. However, Silt Pirates would be way more common.

If Zalanthas were more fertile, defilers would fix this quickly. Then we'd be back to where we are now.

What if you didn't have to be human to be a hlum noble?

What if Armegeddon players all spoke in Shakespearean dialect?

Hold ye pilgrim,

That I may bare thy weighty burden,

relieving thy pouch of black stones,

thus aiding thy journey

less such troublesome object of encumbrance.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on March 28, 2011, 04:51:06 AM

Hold ye pilgrim,

thus aiding thy journey

no one would understand two-thirds of what anyone else said, but would all agree that it was quite pretty, although unfortunately most of the best rping would be done by to-be murderers who are not murderers yet, who are planning to be murderers, when they think they're by themselves, about profound things. years would become Plays, and weeks would become acts. days would become scenes. more people would move to tuluk, and there'd be mystical ear poison for sale. everyone would be afraid to app for a noble or templar position because their death rates would skyrocket. fairies would become a playable race.

what would happen if a zombie plague began in allanak? one that only spread by touching an infected, and it wasn't insanely contagious, nor made the zombies all that violent, just 20% of the time someone went to that room, and there'd be one every five rooms or something.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Cindy42 on March 28, 2011, 04:58:40 AM
Quote from: Potaje on March 28, 2011, 04:51:06 AM

Hold ye pilgrim,

thus aiding thy journey

no one would understand two-thirds of what anyone else said, but would all agree that it was quite pretty, although unfortunately most of the best rping would be done by to-be murderers who are not murderers yet, who are planning to be murderers, when they think they're by themselves, about profound things. years would become Plays, and weeks would become acts. days would become scenes. more people would move to tuluk, and there'd be mystical ear poison for sale. everyone would be afraid to app for a noble or templar position because their death rates would skyrocket. fairies would become a playable race.

what would happen if a zombie plague began in allanak? one that only spread by touching an infected, and it wasn't insanely contagious, nor made the zombies all that violent, just 20% of the time someone went to that room, and there'd be one every five rooms or something.

World war Z just took on a whole new meaning.

What would happen if Brad Pitt were a character in Zalanthas?

Someone would backstab him out of hidden IC jealousy, and then OOCly complain that he doesn't like f-me characters.

What would happen if Brad Pitt was a player of Armageddon?
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.