What if..?

Started by NOFUN, March 18, 2011, 07:53:34 AM

Quote from: Taven on March 20, 2011, 06:52:41 PM
Quote from: Saellyn on March 20, 2011, 06:25:55 PM
Quote from: HavokBlue on March 20, 2011, 06:08:19 PM
The Byn would be the richest organization in the game.

What if you could get in/out of apartments via window?

You'd see people going in, then getting thrown out the window.

What if an army of elementals marched on Allanak and Tuluk at the same time?

The hungry mobs would try to eat them in Allanak. In Tuluk, their sole reason for going would be to hug trees, but instead the kyrl would attack! Tuluk would then have a massive war on it's hands, where tourist elementals tried to destroy the kyrl. Then a song composing competition would be held on the topic, while the Templarite tried to figure out what to do.

What if all templars could fly?

Somebody would mistake them for demons and shoot them down.

What if an Elf became a Templar?

Outdoor RPTs would take a few hours longer.

What if a grebber struck oil in the desert?
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Corporate dignitaries from a a technologically-advanced city-state across the Silt Sea would arm Tuluk in a war against Allanak in return for drilling rights.

What if all sandstorms became rain/thunder storms instead?
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on March 20, 2011, 07:31:02 PM

Houses Jal and Tenneshi would corner the bucket market, and whenever a new player asks where to buy buckets we'd have to say "Find out IC".

What if the history page read like this?
Quote1395
    Exactly one year after the beginning of the siege of Allanak, Tektolnes reappears in the guise of a giant jozhal and breathes death upon the sieging army - the army ceases to exist. Over the course of the next few years, a temple is built near the entrance of the city, in which the newly formed scabrous-robe templarate preach the worship of He Who Rescued Us, the Mighty Jozhal Tektolnes.

Quote from: Cutthroat on March 20, 2011, 07:41:41 PM

Houses Jal and Tenneshi would corner the bucket market, and whenever a new player asks where to buy buckets we'd have to say "Find out IC".

Quote1395
    Exactly one year after the beginning of the siege of Allanak, Tektolnes reappears in the guise of a giant jozhal and breathes death upon the sieging army - the army ceases to exist. Over the course of the next few years, a temple is built near the entrance of the city, in which the newly formed scabrous-robe templarate preach the worship of He Who Rescued Us, the Mighty Jozhal Tektolnes.

It would be illegal to kill a jozhal, and they would be worshipped. Kadius would get into major political trouble for using anything Jozhal in their wares.

What if Storm became a full city state?
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: Taven on March 20, 2011, 09:55:50 PM

Quote1395

It would be illegal to kill a jozhal, and they would be worshipped. Kadius would get into major political trouble for using anything Jozhal in their wares.

Tek would bury it like he did Steinal.

What if Valasuras buried Allanak?

Quote from: Saellyn on March 20, 2011, 09:59:17 PM
Quote from: Taven on March 20, 2011, 09:55:50 PM

Quote1395

Tek would bury it like he did Steinal.

What if Valasuras buried Allanak?

Tektolnes would have two city-states worth of undead soldiers instead of one.

What if the silt sea was replaced with a high-salinity saltwater ocean?

Quote from: hyzhenhok on March 21, 2011, 07:32:59 AM

What if the silt sea was replaced with a high-salinity saltwater ocean?

The Armageddon soundtrack would include the theme from Jaws.

What if Nak had elected officials?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Election season would be bloody.

What if Man And Dog had been a flop?

March 21, 2011, 01:21:40 PM #84 Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 01:35:55 PM by Potaje
What if a group of (long lived) Hardy Dwarven warriors / rangers arose up and took power by force from with in claiming a noble house as their right, crushing any and all that opposed them?
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: jstorrie on March 21, 2011, 08:35:18 AM
What if Man And Dog had been a flop?

Since I don't know what you're talking about, I assume it already is a flop.

Quote from: Potaje on March 21, 2011, 01:21:40 PM
What if a group of (long lived) Hardy Dwarven warriors / rangers rose up and took power by force from with in claiming a noble house as their right, crushing any and all that opposed them?

They would eventually kill each other off after the forces of Muk/Tek convince them that there can be only one head of House, therefore their foci will not be complete until the opposition is killed.

What if the admins delivered a complementary bottle of cheap vodka every time your character died?
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on March 21, 2011, 01:26:09 PM

What if the admins delivered a complementary bottle of cheap vodka every time your character died?

would have a life time supply, and make my pc's with vodka in mind.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

God damnit this thread has rules you fucking fucks. Question, answer, question, answer, question, answer. Though potaje's answer gave me a laugh.

I would have a life time supply, and make my pc's with vodka in mind.

What if you were an admin?
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on March 21, 2011, 01:59:06 PM
What if you were an admin?

I'd rain death upon my enemies and listen to the lamentations of their women!  Or men!

What if someone from Zalanthas were to stumble through a portal to a MUD based on a sci-fi universe?

Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

They'd be eaten by the Vunderpuss.

What if the orbital vestric spacestation crashed into Luir's?
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

They'd be eaten by the Vunderpuss.

What if the orbital vestric spacestation crashed into Luir's?

We'd have another hrpt revolving around a bunch of metals and luirs could play the Bologna in the sandwich of doom.

What if elementalists could combine like some weird power ranger robots or captain planet?
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on March 21, 2011, 02:16:44 PM
What if elementalists could combine like some weird power ranger robots or captain planet?

Ruk!
Suk-Krath!
Whira!
Vivadu!
Tuluk!

Captain Zalanthas
he's our hero
gonna take you mundanes down to zero
he's our powers magnified
and he's fighting on the Known World's side
gonna help him put asunder
templars who like to loot and plunder

we're the zalanthaneers
you can be one too
'cause terrorizing cities is the thing to do
looting newbie boots is a-okay
hear what Captain Zalanthas has to say!

"The Power is--"

mantis head

What if the Plainsman was really a Plainswoman?
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on March 21, 2011, 02:27:30 PM
Quote from: Majikal on March 21, 2011, 02:16:44 PM

Ruk!
Suk-Krath!
Whira!
Vivadu!
Tuluk!

Captain Zalanthas
he's our hero
gonna take you mundanes down to zero
he's our powers magnified
and he's fighting on the Known World's side
gonna help him put asunder
templars who like to loot and plunder

we're the zalanthaneers
you can be one too
'cause terrorizing cities is the thing to do
looting newbie boots is a-okay
hear what Captain Zalanthas has to say!

"The Power is--"

mantis head

What if the Plainsman was really a Plainswoman?

I would sure feel foolish about that blowjob

What if dwarves had hair?

Getting a blowjob from a dude pretending to be a woman is bad?!  I need to stop cruising the Red Light District ...

Quote from: Yam on March 21, 2011, 02:30:17 PM
What if dwarves had hair?

They'd smell funkier.

What if generic meat on Zalanthas tasted like chicken?

Quote from: Kismetic on March 21, 2011, 03:26:54 PM

Who says it doesn't already?

What if there were fish in the Silt Sea?
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Who says it doesn't already?

What if there were fish in the Silt Sea?

Then I would totally employ a bunch of rinthers and roleplay a 'deadliest catch' silt sea crew.

What if Blackwing opened up as a playable tribe again.

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Most of them would die to carru and holes in a week.

What if gith were playable again?

Quote from: HavokBlue on March 21, 2011, 05:20:47 PM
Most of them would die to carru and holes in a week.

What if gith were playable again?

they'd be heads on sticks at luir's in a month, after terrorizing 95% of the playerbase and giving the byn a few jobs while masterfully (by zalanthan standards) eluding death.

what if rinthis moved out and made their own city-state?
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Cindy42 on March 21, 2011, 06:00:30 PM

They'd smell even worse.

What if Precenter Kul had survived?
Lunch makes me happy.

Quote from: Salt Merchant on March 21, 2011, 06:35:11 PM
Quote from: Cindy42 on March 21, 2011, 06:00:30 PM

They'd smell even worse.

What if Precenter Kul had survived?

More Tuluki fanboys.

(loaded)How much cooler would Arm be if Tuluk fell to Allanak again?
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.