Your personal scores and stats

Started by Cindy42, February 22, 2011, 07:49:12 PM

You are Michael
Keywords : Blonde Blue Eyed Man Jedi
Sdesc :The blonde, blue-eyed man
Objective : To please the masses and bring a little class to the world
Long Desc : The blonde, blue-eyed man sits alone here in a dimly lit corner, drinking.
Main Desc : The man before you stands of average height for his race. His shoulders are broad and sport a muscular chest that tapers down to a trim pysique. The more you study him you notice that his age is catching up with him and he should probably do a couple sit-ups from time to time to get rid of that looming beer belly.  He has very fine hair that strikes a golden shade of blonde, spiked upwards this way and that with no rhyme or reason to it. As you look down his face you notice his facial hair turning a darker shade of brown, and below his lip is a 3 and a half inch length of very light blonde hair, styled into a fantastic beard.  His eyes are a cool blue and when you look closely you notice that his right eye has a little triangle of pigment missing from the pupil. Also his feet smell.

You are 33 years, 6 months, and 13 days old. Which by your race and appearance is damn sexy
You are 78 inches tall and weigh 7 tenstone
your Strength is Good, your Agility is Excellent,
your Wisdom is Better than your Intelligence, your Endurance is Average
You are satisfied, and always thristy
Your health is 100(101), you have 75(113) stamina and 90(90)stun, your mana is 48(114)

You have been playing for 1 decade, 9 years, 6 months, and 13 days
You are sitting on a wobbly chair at a lightly stained wooden desk, there are no other spaces available.
You are currently speaking Text

Your encumbrance is no problem
Your relationship to the land is Bitchin'
Your mood is ______
You are sitting
You are refusing all saves
You are being merciful
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

You are Joshua.
Keywords: towering sunken eyed man Kidder Jojo Metekillot
Sdesc: the towering, sunken-eyed man
Objective: Justice.
Long Description: The towering, sunken-eyed man is lounging in an easy chair.
You are 24 years, 10 months, and 10 days old,
which by your race and appearance is adult.
You are 75 inches tall, and weigh 8 ten-stone.
Your strength is very good, your agility is good,
  your wisdom is good, and your endurance is good.
You are not hungry, but you are a little thirsty.
Your health is 135(135), you have 43(125) stamina, and 100(125) stun.

You have been playing for 9 years, 11 months, and 30 days.
You are sitting.
You are currently speaking english with a mid-western accent.

Your encumbrance is very light.
Relationship to the land is good.
You are currently speaking english with a mid-western accent.
Your mood is satisfied.
You are sitting.
You are not refusing any saves.
You are being merciful.
You are watching a battered, black-and-red laptop.

Main Desc : This man has a broad, sharply-angled face, his features lean to a hungry-looking degree. Bloodshot and colored blue, his eyes -- one of them noticeably off-sided -- gaze from sockets ringed with the dark circles of the habitually sleep-deprived. Bushy brows lend expressiveness to an otherwise blank emotiveness. His lips are full and pulled into a perpetual pout, surrounded by sparse stubble. A large nose sits prominent, though his large head and slightly-pointed ears keep its size proportionate. His body is lank and waifishly lean, a long neck supporting his head, and long limbs terminating in large hands and feet. His complexion is addled, pocked, patchy, and scarred by the ravages of teenage acne. Pale skin and his lack of body fat cause veins to be easily visible in his arms and forehead.
Tdesc: His fine-textured, brown hair is a few months uncut, sticking askew in many directions from a day's old application of a greasy styling product.

He is using:
<on torso> a greying-white, stained tee
<left shoulder> a cyclops woman
<left forearm> a black heart
<right forearm> a smiling sun and a red heart, arranged in the style of a charm string
<right shoulder> a simplified sun
<legs> black and red plaid pajama pants

July 10, 2019, 01:38:21 PM #102 Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 01:44:03 PM by Heade
Quote from: drunkendwarf on October 20, 2011, 01:42:38 PM
People putting exceptional/absolutely incredible for a stat crack me up. Especially wisdom. Seriously people - we're talking Einstein/Hawking/Tesla/etc level intelligence here. I'm highly skeptical...

Consider this in context. Is it possible that a text-based, story-driven game appeals to people of higher than average intellect in an age dominated by visually appealing games? The appeal of the game is in language's ability to be more free-form, creating opportunities for a depth of RP that can't currently exist in a graphical game. I suspect that 2 types of people are attracted to this form of gaming:

1. People who enjoy literary stimulation.
and
2. People without the economic means to play graphics-based games.

I would imagine that the first group of people drawn to this type of game are likely to be of higher than average intellect. And this is the internet, so we're drawing from a vast pool of people globally. On a test with a standard deviation of 15, roughly 1 in 8000 people have an IQ of 155, which is in the same ballpark as Hawking and Einstein. That means globally, there are around 900k people with that level of IQ. Based on studies that have been conducted, those 900k people are mostly concentrated in countries with high economic prosperity, which means that they're more likely to have means and time to do things like play computer games. And this isn't a random group of people. It is a sample of people from a specific hobby, which may have a higher attraction to people of higher IQ. Thus, the representation of people in this community with an IQ approaching 155 may be far greater than 1 in 8000.

Do I think some people might have overstated their "wisdom"? Sure, it's entirely possible. But I wouldn't discount it completely. I considered doing one of these personal stats profiles for me, but I'd rather not have to qualify my claims to some rando's on the internet.

P.S. Sorry to be so serious. :P
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

Einsteins IQ was calculated in a society of well educated people, and IQ's are an average based on the population in that society. So if you are well educated, have internet and can play games, then you're probably among the same demographic that the 1 in 8000 people was taken from.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on July 10, 2019, 08:07:43 PM
Einsteins IQ was calculated in a society of well educated people, and IQ's are an average based on the population in that society. So if you are well educated, have internet and can play games, then you're probably among the same demographic that the 1 in 8000 people was taken from.

Actually, it wasn't. And IQ test scores aren't averaged based on a single society. They're standardized globally. If that were the case, there would be no difference in average IQ between countries. All countries would have an average IQ of 100 because it would be a contained system with 100 being the median IQ. That isn't how it works.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

Global IQ tests are a new thing. The tests people were measured by 50-100 years ago were insular and not widespread. Apparently most of the people we are talking about have never even been measured and only have estimates. So trying to make any statements about how rare Einstein/Tesla level intelligence is is dubious.

July 11, 2019, 12:26:46 PM #106 Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 12:41:16 PM by Heade
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on July 11, 2019, 01:15:03 AM
Global IQ tests are a new thing. The tests people were measured by 50-100 years ago were insular and not widespread.

Actually, that isn't true. The first real IQ test was the Simon-Binet IQ test(1904), developed by the French. That specific IQ test was then popularized all over Europe and the US. Because they all used the same IQ test, developed and managed by the same company, the results were standardized across all of the countries that used them.

Prior to WW2, the world was very interested in things like this, because the world was into the idea of eugenics. It wasn't until after WW2 and the fall of Nazi Germany that eugenics became distasteful, and only then because that was a key part of what the Nazi's pushed for. Bear in mind that at this point in history, mankind knew eugenics worked due to two millennia of it's use in the form of domestic plant and animal breeding.

Anyhow, the fact is, there are very few credible IQ tests in the scheme of things. Facebook IQ tests and online tests aren't accurate. Real IQ tests use controlled environments and are administered by a professional, and there have only been a few credible companies who have done large scale testing over the last century.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on July 11, 2019, 01:15:03 AMApparently most of the people we are talking about have never even been measured and only have estimates.

That's true. Neither Einstein nor Hawking were ever tested. Our indication of their IQ comes from experts in the field of psychometrics making estimates by drawing from their published works.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on July 11, 2019, 01:15:03 AMSo trying to make any statements about how rare Einstein/Tesla level intelligence is is dubious.

Not necessarily. I mean, we know they would have been at the extreme high end, and we're able to make real world comparisons to people who currently exist at those high ends in order to estimate where they would have been. Hawking and Einstein are estimated to be in the 160 area. Basically, 4+ deviations from the norm.

It's far easier to estimate the IQ of public figures in fields like this, because they have large bodies of published work from which to draw information.

In the interest of fairness of debate, I should let you know that I have a lot of knowledge in the area of psychometrics.

EDIT: Oh, some relevant data: In 1900, over 70% of the global population was ruled by the US, EU, and Russia.

Lol ya'll will really find anything to argue about including hypothetical intelligence levels as it relates to game stats.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on February 22, 2011, 08:21:32 PM
You are Brytta.
Keywords: blue-eyed rawboned man leofa
Sdesc: the blue-eyed, rawboned man
Objective: To glorify God and to enjoy Him forever.
Objective2: To pwn my employer's competition and a gal.
Long Description: The blue-eyed, rawboned man lounges in a comfy recliner, frowning at his lightbox.
You are 30 years, 4 months, and 99 days old,
which by your race and appearance is adult.
You are 70 inches tall, and weigh 8 ten-stone.
Your strength is below average, your agility is good,
  your wisdom is absolutely incredible, and your endurance is good.
You are neither hungry nor thirsty.
Your health is 106(106), you have 120(135) stamina, and 60(120) stun.

You have been playing for five years and two months.
You are sitting.
You are currently speaking English with a southern accent.

Your encumbrance is no problem.
Relationship to the land is neutral.
You are currently speaking English with a southern accent.
Your mood is tired but optimistic.
You are sitting.
You are refusing saves on: arrest.
You are not being merciful.

omg you are such a little shit. (This is my general reaction to historic brytta.)

From the vantage point of 8 years later, I am happy to report that my wisdom is at best "very good" and all my other stats are ~average.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Quote from: Bebop on July 11, 2019, 12:36:30 PM
Lol ya'll will really find anything to argue about including hypothetical intelligence levels as it relates to game stats.

Seriously, if we were to do a skills list the amount of Master keyboard warriors would be astounding
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

I would like to report that my IRL score informs me that I am perfect in every conceivable metric.

Thk u 4 readin'.

July 17, 2019, 11:01:09 PM #111 Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 11:27:14 PM by Thomoto
You are Thomoto
Keywords: tall Lanky, light-skinned male teen
Sdesc: The tall, lanky light-skinned male teen thomoto, sparring dummy, tom, thom and thomas.
Objective: Try not to die again
Long description: The tall, lanky light-skinned male teen is relaxing on a couch here.
You are 14 years, 0 months and 1 day old,
By which your race and appearance is young.
You are 69 inches tall and weigh 6 ten-stone.
Your strength is below average , you're agility is good, your endurance is good and your wisdom is extremely good.
You are peckish and not thirsty
Your health is 104(104) your stamina is 130(130) and your stun is 100(100)

You have been playing for 1 year and 0 months
You are resting
You are currently speaking English with an American accent

Your encumbrance is light
Your relationship with the land in neutral
Your mood is moody but fair
You are resting
You are refusing saves on nothing
You are being merciful

104HP/130MV/100ST/0mana/riding: none/ unarmed/: Think Welp people are going to freak out again.

Quote from: Lotion on August 20, 2020, 06:40:50 AMresting as a city elf walking in the wilderness because "I was so close" and then got jumped by things that could easily kill me and I didn't have the stamina to escape.

Oh and just to add to this brcause I'm bored as shit.
Skills

Journeyman slashing weapons
Advanced bludgeoning weapons
Novice piercing weapons
Novice chopping weapons

Master kick, advanced parry, novice bash, apprentice disarm. Advanced subdue. Master flee. Journeyman riposte, apprentice dual wield and master two handed.

Master read/write
Novice draw
Apprentice woodworking
Journeyman fishing
Fuggin master gaming/MUDing
Journeyman watch
Apprentice listen
Apprentice math
Annnddd, master keyboard warrior

And if your thinking, yes I took martial arts for the combat skilks

Quote from: Lotion on August 20, 2020, 06:40:50 AMresting as a city elf walking in the wilderness because "I was so close" and then got jumped by things that could easily kill me and I didn't have the stamina to escape.

Master read/ write but you get your and you're wrong. More like journeyman, Thomoto.  >:(

Honestly, I would put rudimentary mistakes like that even lower. That being said, I would put nearly every single person on the planet at less than master read and write.

Heheh, yeah I should of bunked that down. ::) :P

Cormac Mccarthy gets Master Writing. Only him.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...