Pleasure toys in the north.

Started by EvilRoeSlade, July 20, 2003, 12:37:20 AM

I'm interested in getting some clarification on the northern nobility and templarate documentation.  I know that nobles and templars won't have sexual relations with commoners, but does this taboo extend to slaves?  I -think- I remember an immortal posting that it doesn't.
Back from a long retirement

Yeah. Slaves are considered property. Not commoners or anything. They are in a way better then commoners because they are the nobilities property. The noble can fuck his kank, fuck his table, fuck his slave. At least thats my take on the same post I've seen before. Slaves are property therefor don't fall under that law.

And just thought I'd throw in that just because Nobles/Commoners don't have sex, doesn't mean they don't sometimes developed fairly deep bonds. Specially long time advisors or a commoner that as a kid was in the service to the noble/templar when they were a kid and always stuck around.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

What nobles do with their property is their own business, creeper.  I don't want to know what they do with it!   :P
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "creeper386"And just thought I'd throw in that just because Nobles/Commoners don't have sex, doesn't mean they don't sometimes developed fairly deep bonds. Specially long time advisors or a commoner that as a kid was in the service to the noble/templar when they were a kid and always stuck around.

I agree. I'll give a real world analogy, because I'm afraid of crossing an ic line. I love my cats even though I  don't to have sex with them. And they aren't as smart as people. They contribute nothing to the household finances. They make stinky poops in their litter box. If someone broke into my house and tried to kill me they'd either hide under the bed or run to the food bowl.

Even commoners usually do better than that.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

The cat analogy is great, even better might be a dog. A trained dog that brings the slippers and makes itself useful.  Though rare, a Chimp that is trained even up to talking in signs, would probably be getting yet a step closer.

In real life, most people would think carnal relations with a pet unthinkable and those who do that abominable. So would the Tuluki nobility feel about commoners and sex.  I believe this 'no sex with commoners' is more than a law. It possibly isn't even a written law, as it is so ingrained into the society. A taboo, as EvilRoeSlade put it. :)

I am under the impression that not just any slave will do, but only those specially trained to provide these services. The noble's physical pleasure being the goal, I wouldn't call it 'having relations' at all.

*Notice: The opinion posted here is one person's own. It may not reflect the stand of the House in this matter.

A dog analogy wouldn't work at all.

I don't have a dog.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Having an inside take on this issue, I thought I would mention that creeper's take on this is exactly how it would work.  They are property, not people.  As mailla said, it isn't having relations either...it is being pleasured.  It is as simple as that.  It would almost the same as masturbating with animate aid from an object...as far as the nobles are concerned.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Hm. I've been told no, it's not acceptable, ever, and I've been told yes, it's acceptable if they're slaves bred and trained for that purpose ... both by reliable sources. So, as amusing and interesting as some of these responses are, I'm interested in an official stance on this.

I was told, as were several other people, that northern nobles would *never* have sex with a commoner, nor would they buy a pleasure slave because slaves are, as has already been noted, property and not a person.

To have sex with a slave would be no different from having sex with an inix. Slaves are chattel, work horses, and the like, and not people.

Now, if the official stance of the IMM who told us this was incorrect, I for one will be extremely disappointed because this is how it was played out at one point, and it was one (of several) causes of dissention and it makes me wonder what other "official stances" were incorrect in that situation.

If it has changed, then so much for the better and I'm glad to hear it.

If the official stance remains as it was, and is correct, then I hope someone will come out and say so, to set the *current* question straight.

The rules are different for the Northern and Southern Nobles.

Southern:  Pleasure slaves are not an unique sight and some nobles do make use of them.

Northern:  Nobles never have sexual contact with commoners and slaves.  Nobles view slaves as well-trained animals, which they would never have sex with.  Their views of commoners are similar in that they are animals, and not creatures to have sex with.

What, Northern nobles never get laid? That stinks!

Just another reason to come on down south!

*Five Disgruntled Monkeys dissapear into the depths of the GDB jungle, each carrying a fat pack of 'sid with the label "Allanaki Tourism Board" stuck to the front*
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Question, then, ashyom...Who do the Winrothol sell pleasure slaves to?  There aren't that many rich commoners out there that the Winrothol would sell slaves to...it wouldn't be economically feasible to breed and train them in the first place, not having a large market for them.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I didn't say Nobles didn't own pleasure slaves.  Likely, the noble houses would have a, to borrow a RL term, harem of pleasure slaves for their employees and other slaves to make use of.
Ashyom

Though I disagree with the content of this post, I'd like to state something that was stated to me about a half year ago on the position of Tuluki nobility in regard to sex.

Tuluki nobility would never have sex with a commoner however, they would have intercourse with pleasure slaves. The union of such combinations became slaves, it was a known contract (or some word similar to that, I've forgotten it) that would term the child of a noble and slave would become a slave. Pleasure slaves however wouldn't be taken out into public, they were one of those social things that just weren't really spoken of.

Note: This was about 6 months ago so likely things have changed in Tuluk.
ree as a bird and joyfully my heart
Soared up among the rigging, in and out;
Under a cloudless sky the ship rolled on
Like an angel drunk with brilliant sun.
                                       - Charles Baudelaire

I too was under the impression that Northern nobles used highly-trained slaves for sexual gratification.

Sorry to be blunt here, but I have to be honest.  If nobles can only fuck other nobles, that really seems like a completely illogical social system to me.  First of all, it gives sexual gratification more importance than, say, a massage or a manicure--a slave can touch their owner, just not sexually?

But at the same time, it's completely repressive, more or less denying sexuality as a normal everyday urge, by limiting nobles to masturbation, incest, or dangerous entanglements with other Houses.  I think masturbation is more unfit for a noble, than using a slave is.  Too much effort for those delicate hands.

And I may be wrong (it happens sometimes) but this seems to me, like it's driven by an OOC desire to limit mudsex.  If that's the case, make it so that no one can play a Northern PC pleasure slave. While I like the fact that there's been a concerted effort to differentiate the south from the north, I just don't think this particular policy makes sense.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

The northern nobility will never have relations with a commoner.  There is no getting around this.  However, slaves are a different matter.

Quote from: "Laeris"A slave, pleasure or not, would be treated as property or as a tool.  There would be no expectation of a relationship and both parties would realize and understand that the slave was there to serve one purpose, pleasure its master.  At the conclusion of such acts, the slave is sent back to his/her pen or quarters until the noble has use of them.  Children of such arrangements are bred as slaves themselves.
Vendyra

Here's the low-down, dirty details of everything you probably ever wanted to know about sex, pleasure slaves, nobles and the northlands.

Nobles don't have intimate sexual relations with commoners.  This is a huge social taboo, and those that do it become the butts of whispered jokes.  When caught, they are also typically punished and reprimanded by their house.  Any children that come about as a result of noble-commoner relations are common children, not noble.

Some nobles have intimate sexual relations with pleasure slaves.  The frequency and methods with which this happens varies widely between noble houses, and there are those houses which choose to avoid the practice altogether.  So-called pleasure slaves are class of their own, outside the realm of 'regular' slaves.  The harem analogy stands up pretty well here - "pleasure" slaves are almost never seen by the public, are always born into slavery, and never serve any kind of political or administrative function.  The use of pleasure slaves is rarely discussed in polite company

Children born to a noble and a slave are slaves themselves.  This is something most nobles would be acutely aware of (particularly female nobles) and would probably play a big part in what sorts of decadent behaviors an individual takes part in.

And a couple more general points.

Tuluki society holds itself to very refined ideals.  It isn't the sexually liberated modern society we players are familiar with.  Sexual repression wouldn't be an apalling thing to most northlanders, if for no other reason than the fact that it seperates them from the lavish, hedonistic ways of the southern people that oppressed them for so long.  And it may be a society that gives birth to a large, seamy underbelly, but I'm talking about social norms here.

This isn't a policy to limit mudsex.  There are no rules to prevent players from playing pleasure slaves, but such characters will have to be approved by clan immortals on a case by case basis, and players wishing to play one must be prepared to play the role within the limits set (never seen in public, no administrative or political function/authority, etc).

I'm the Highlord in charge of the Northlands, so there won't be many answers more official or authoritative than this one.

Naephet
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world."