Author Topic: The Official MMA Thread  (Read 39784 times)

Aruven

Re: The Official MMA Thread
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2010, 03:15:05 PM »
Lmao why are you all hating on brock?

I have to listen to all the mexicans that work in the shop with me talk about hispanic supremacy everday. I hope the next guy fucking smashes cain's face into surgery and early retirement.

Lyoto vs rampage, anyone?

Synthesis

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2010, 04:37:23 PM »
How about we all just stop with the borderline racist remarks and just chill?  The dude is proud of his cultural heritage, and he got a stupid tattoo to prove it.  Big deal.

This sort of "gawd I can't stand uppity hispanics" stuff is pretty offensive.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Synthesis

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2010, 04:40:58 PM »
I just couldn't believe his gall last night.

"You're a male nurse. A MALE NURSE!"

Yeah. He's a male nurse or a paramedic. Which means that he helps people and saves lives. What the fuck are you, except a douchebag that gets beat up by better men?

No doubt. What a cocksucker.

Also, I just have to comment that it's pretty amusing that you're sticking up for males working in a predominantly female field by flinging an epithet used to denigrate males who perform a typically female act.   I mean, seriously...if you're going to be a decent human being, why not go all the way and ditch the homophobia and juvenile vernacular as well?

Is Friday

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2010, 04:43:58 PM »
I think Cain's stupid tattoo is stupid. He's a great fighter, and a greatly humble competitor, though. It's impossible to dislike him if you have brain cells.

With that being said, most of the Marine Corps moto-tats are stupid, too. You've got your standard Old English "USMC" on your left tricep, or your motivated EGA over your breast. That is, until you get out of the Marine Corps--and whether or not you hated every second in the institution... you're bound to think it'll impress people by getting one.

Hey, BTW. Andre Galvao was spotted at TUF 13 Tryouts--apparently he got dropped from Strikeforce after getting handled by Woodley. That shit is gonna be sweeeeet. If he got in a good year or two of serious striking/wrestling practice, he'd be out of control.
Quote from: shadowspeak discord
did you just meet a ridiculously unfuckable psychotic female character? It's 75% likely that Is_Friday is playing it! unfuckable, unwantable, unloveable, poorly played, stereotype-driven, abusive, and shallow!

boog

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2010, 08:09:35 PM »
I just couldn't believe his gall last night.

"You're a male nurse. A MALE NURSE!"

Yeah. He's a male nurse or a paramedic. Which means that he helps people and saves lives. What the fuck are you, except a douchebag that gets beat up by better men?

No doubt. What a cocksucker.

Also, I just have to comment that it's pretty amusing that you're sticking up for males working in a predominantly female field by flinging an epithet used to denigrate males who perform a typically female act.   I mean, seriously...if you're going to be a decent human being, why not go all the way and ditch the homophobia and juvenile vernacular as well?

You're making this thread ridiculously silly. There's no reason for it. Should I go a step further and say, "Well, I'm Italian. All Italians say "cocksucker" and "douchebag" as part of their vocabulary"? That'd be racist, too. There's no need to be so PC. People just don't like certain people. Some people like certain insults. Blah, blah. C'est la vie.

And exactly the point, Is Friday. People can have lame brain tattoos, but he doesn't reek of some "Viva La Raza" mentality. He never said he was gonna go lay on his wife and insult a sponsor of his card and he seems like a decent human being. But, anyway.

Can we all at least agree Chael Sonnen is a turdbrain?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 08:20:22 PM by boog »
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Rahmi

• Legend
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2010, 11:59:20 AM »

I have to listen to all the mexicans that work in the shop with me talk about hispanic supremacy everday. I hope the next guy fucking smashes cain's face into surgery and early retirement.

Hands down Machida in this one. I highly doubt Rampage even touches him. Machida is a great counter striker.
I want to see Machida fight Rashad again and make him look bad AGAIN. Give him the stanky leg.

boog

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2010, 08:34:27 PM »

Hands down Machida in this one. I highly doubt Rampage even touches him. Machida is a great counter striker.
I want to see Machida fight Rashad again and make him look bad AGAIN. Give him the stanky leg.

But Rahmi, I -love- Rashad. People think he's an asshole and he isn't. He's a psych major and totally fucks with people to get inside their skull. I don't see how anyone could like Rampage's lame brain over Rashad. But they do. And I am always alone in rooting for him. :(

That being said, gawd, I can't stand Machida with his unibrow and sloth eye! He just - I don't know. He's one Brasilian fighter I'm just not keen on. Shogun, on the other hand ... whew. Suga has his hands full.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

Is Friday

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2010, 09:10:15 PM »
You're so inconsistent with your judgments on fighters, Boog. You like Rashad for being fake but hate Rampage or Koscheck for trying to do the same thing Rashad does for fights.
did you just meet a ridiculously unfuckable psychotic female character? It's 75% likely that Is_Friday is playing it! unfuckable, unwantable, unloveable, poorly played, stereotype-driven, abusive, and shallow!

boog

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2010, 09:25:42 PM »
You're so inconsistent with your judgments on fighters, Boog. You like Rashad for being fake but hate Rampage or Koscheck for trying to do the same thing Rashad does for fights.

I don't think he's ever made fun of anyone for being a male nurse, or consistently done things to be obnoxious, a la the Paul Daley fight with Kos. And there is nothing real about Rampage other than him being in a hit and run and apparently finding God in a dream. And in the end, Rashad is respectable, always, as he was after his fight with Rampage. His level of hype never gets out of hand, at least in my opinion. Kos's antics, and even sometimes Rampage's, especially when he acts like a muscle bound idiot, when he's really not, make me think twice on supporting them.

I think Rashad's really well spoken and I don't think he's as immature as people make him out to be. And, I think, he's also one of the best fighters to come off of the show. I think that the people who enjoy MMA as a whole perhaps don't appreciate eloquence as much as maybe I do.

Also, I'm a woman. We're finicky.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 09:27:20 PM by boog »
There is only one boog.

Is Friday

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2010, 09:44:37 PM »
I can see that.

Rahmi

• Legend
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2010, 09:57:33 PM »

But Rahmi, I -love- Rashad. People think he's an asshole and he isn't. He's a psych major and totally fucks with people to get inside their skull. I don't see how anyone could like Rampage's lame brain over Rashad. But they do. And I am always alone in rooting for him. :(

That being said, gawd, I can't stand Machida with his unibrow and sloth eye! He just - I don't know. He's one Brasilian fighter I'm just not keen on. Shogun, on the other hand ... whew. Suga has his hands full.

I do not like any fighter who has to drop a weight class in order to win. Same thing goes for Diego, he had to drop two
weight classes in order to actually be good.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 10:02:47 PM by Rahmi »

boog

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2010, 10:08:33 PM »
I LOVE RAHMI.
There is only one boog.

Rahmi

• Legend
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2010, 11:41:24 PM »

Synthesis

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2010, 12:05:27 AM »

I do not like any fighter who has to drop a weight class in order to win. Same thing goes for Diego, he had to drop two
weight classes in order to actually be good.

Eh, Diego's 5'10", 171.  That's perfectly acceptable fighting weight for that height, and he wasn't any good at 155.  It's not like he was suffering at welterweight...he's 8-3 at that weight.  Most of the good fighters at 185 are around 6'1"-6'2".

And Rashad was only 5'11" and 225 on TUF.  That's way too small for most fighters to compete at heavyweight, even the good ones.  Only thing you'd accomplish is either a) beating up shitty fighters and wasting your talent or b) getting owned by bigger fighters.  Fedor and Couture could do it, but they're freaks.  You can't fault a guy for dropping 20 pounds when the alternative is getting squashed by someone up to 40 pounds heavier and up to 9 inches taller than you.  Hell, Rashad is even kinda small for a light heavyweight.  Average is about 6'1".

Is Friday

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2010, 12:40:49 AM »
WTF, why does anyone care if someone drops weight? They made weight, so why should it matter?

boog

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2010, 12:42:06 AM »
I think most times when people drop weight their quality and stamina go down so much, it's almost ... sad, to see them fight. God. Jake Shields looked horrible last fight and you know ... I don't think he deserved that win over Kampmann.
There is only one boog.

Synthesis

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2010, 07:52:24 AM »
Kampmann used to fight at 185, and dropped down to 170...so if he could do it and perform well, I don't see any reason why Shields shouldn't have been able to.

That boiled down to shitty preparation, not the weight-cutting itself.  They're both the same height, and it's not like Shields is some sort of muscle-bound freak.

Rahmi

• Legend
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2010, 06:50:56 PM »
WTF, why does anyone care if someone drops weight? They made weight, so why should it matter?

I just don't feel like you are a good fighter if you have to drop multiple weight classes in order
to actually be good. You can't tell me, the talent doesn't get easier the more you drop in
weight class. Mabye not in Rashad's case, as there are some good talent in Light Heavy,
but for Diego? Dropping from a Middleweight to a lightweight is a major difference
in talent. Diego just looked sick fighting as a lightweight. He is a natural middleweight
and having to drop so much surely had to drain a lot of out him.

Derain

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2010, 08:36:07 PM »
WEC  Nov. 11th my friend is fighting.  Michael "mayday" McDonald on the under card for the Uriah Faber fight should be a slug fest.

Synthesis

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2010, 09:18:55 PM »
Dude, cutting weight isn't about talent.  EVERYONE does it.  If you're the one guy who doesn't do it, you're basically fighting UP a weight class just to prove a point.  I guarantee you every good fighter in the welterweight division walks around on a normal day between 185 and 195 lbs.  If you're a natural 170, you're giving up 15-25 lbs of muscle.  Cutting weight is just an unfortunate part of the game.  The only people who can go down two full weight classes are guys who have flab to spare.

Rahmi

• Legend
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2010, 09:53:40 PM »
Dude, cutting weight isn't about talent.  EVERYONE does it.  If you're the one guy who doesn't do it, you're basically fighting UP a weight class just to prove a point.  I guarantee you every good fighter in the welterweight division walks around on a normal day between 185 and 195 lbs.  If you're a natural 170, you're giving up 15-25 lbs of muscle.  Cutting weight is just an unfortunate part of the game.  The only people who can go down two full weight classes are guys who have flab to spare.

Is a good point. Maybe I just do not like Diego or Rashad period.

Is Friday

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2010, 08:57:32 PM »
Maybe it was once possible for those Jap fighters to not cut very much, but nowadays the game has advanced so far that not cutting weight is a death sentence. If you do it right, there is no detriment to your performance. It'll probably just dick up your health in the long run.

Is Friday

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2010, 09:58:57 AM »
It's pretty awesome to see a Jap in line for a title shot, (Okami.) I thought Nate came in without the ability to pull the trigger this time--being afraid of the takedown, therefore allowing Okami to control the pace.

I didn't know Amir was so awesome to watch. He's like a robot on fast forward. Too bad he didn't have it in his gameplan to finish.

boog

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2010, 10:36:06 AM »
Okami vs. Silva II. Whee. Hopefully Silva doesn't do another illegal upkick this time? I'm so glad Okami won. Nate already had his chance. Pfffbt.

Oh wait. Vitor's in the way. I fohgot.
There is only one boog.

Is Friday

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2010, 10:21:09 PM »
That girl-on-girl episode of Bully Beatdown (available online!) was epic. :)

Also: Rampage v. Machida tomorrow.