Author Topic: The Official MMA Thread  (Read 53712 times)

boog

Re: The Official MMA Thread
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2011, 10:56:58 AM »
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Minotauro-Wanderlei-Rush-to-Japans-Aid-30936

<3 Big Nog. And Wandy. Sometimes on the latter, but always on the former.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

boog

« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2011, 11:08:33 PM »
OH LOOK BROCK LESNAR PUSSES OUT AGAIN. They need to just let him go. I'm so sick of him. So sick of him.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2011, 11:10:39 PM »
OH LOOK BROCK LESNAR PUSSES OUT AGAIN. They need to just let him go. I'm so sick of him. So sick of him.
I don't think injuries are "pussing out". Do you know what it's like to go through intensive training and get hurt?
And then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

boog

« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2011, 11:13:49 PM »
I don't think injuries are "pussing out". Do you know what it's like to go through intensive training and get hurt?

Roy Nelson predicted he'd back down. Diverticulitis? Yeah. I wouldn't FIGHT if I had it, because I'm not an idiot and I don't want my colon exploding.
There is only one boog.

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2011, 11:17:31 PM »
The frequency of injuries amongst the top tier of fighters is very high for good reason. They're pushing themselves beyond charted safe-zones.

The layoff will probably help Lesnar, though. He needs more striking development.

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Kismetic

« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2011, 12:17:57 AM »
Diverticulitis is a fighting injury ...?
"Well, Gary, if that even is your real name ...  somebody stole my computer.  Now, if you're a criminal--  Look at me! ... You have to tell me, legally, or else it's considered entrapment."  -- Andy Dwyer

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2011, 12:35:09 AM »
No it's not. Brock came down with some stomach ulcer or something a year back.

boog

« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2011, 07:57:58 AM »
No it's not. Brock came down with some stomach ulcer or something a year back.

That turned out to be diverticulitis. It's really, probably, not something you should fight with as it is reoccurring. It's not something that can be 'fixed' to the point of a broken bone or a detached retina (though, Lawd, I wouldn't fight with the latter, probably, either). It sucks, but the UFC isn't like wrestling where you can have a storyline and go away and come back and still be champ. The whole organization doesn't bow to Brock's singular star in the sky and he should begin to realize this. He has gotten good in a quick amount of time due to his college wrestling background, but to me he is still overly cocky and confident. I would've loved to see JDS blast the shit out of him.
There is only one boog.

Jdr

« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2011, 08:07:51 AM »
I liked Lesnar when he was a rassler and I have never seen UFC but he is still awesome because of that. Does he still do the thing with the shooting sparks like in WWE? His little signature entrance theme thing?
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Synthesis

« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2011, 11:39:45 AM »
I can only find one case report of someone suffering a ruptured colonic diverticulum as a result of abdominal blunt-force trauma, and that was caused by a seatbelt during a high-speed MVA.  That being said, I suppose it isn't out of the realm of possibility that a kick to the sigmoid colon could cause a rupture, but overall, your abdominal contents are fairly well-protected against blunt forces.  Straining during exercise could be another potential thing to worry about, but it seems like increased intra-colonic pressure (which would cause the rupture) would mostly be equalized with increased intra-abdominal pressure, so that the net force on the diverticulum itself would be relatively unchanged...but that's just speculation.  My guess is that if he can train to fight without any problems, actually being in a fight isn't going to present much more of an increased risk, with respect to the diverticulosis.  The same generally applies if he had the affected bit of colon removed.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

boog

« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2011, 01:43:25 PM »
I can only find one case report of someone suffering a ruptured colonic diverticulum as a result of abdominal blunt-force trauma, and that was caused by a seatbelt during a high-speed MVA.  That being said, I suppose it isn't out of the realm of possibility that a kick to the sigmoid colon could cause a rupture, but overall, your abdominal contents are fairly well-protected against blunt forces.  Straining during exercise could be another potential thing to worry about, but it seems like increased intra-colonic pressure (which would cause the rupture) would mostly be equalized with increased intra-abdominal pressure, so that the net force on the diverticulum itself would be relatively unchanged...but that's just speculation.  My guess is that if he can train to fight without any problems, actually being in a fight isn't going to present much more of an increased risk, with respect to the diverticulosis.  The same generally applies if he had the affected bit of colon removed.

I was, in my pregnant rage, more wishing it just would blow up because I don't really like him. I think that his ride so far, before Cain, was fairly easy and that he was handed a lot of his success. Sure, he is a big 'crowd pull' from the wrasslin' crowd (lol, South Park), but I think he was given unfair advantages and has been unsportsmanlike in many situations. So, yeah. He's big and fast and a great wrestler, this is true, but he shouldn't be the face of MMA.

rantrantrant.
There is only one boog.

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2011, 03:14:49 PM »
You're such a purist.  ;D

boog

« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2011, 12:58:14 PM »

WHAT THE FUCK?
There is only one boog.

boog

« Reply #113 on: May 28, 2011, 02:57:56 PM »
Durn. That picture broke. Needless to say it's the Machida family all in the bath together.

Did anyone see the weigh-ins? Yeah, Rampage, you're so cool to be mean muggin' a deaf guy. Lemme tell ya.

Some of these fights are wicked interesting to me! I'll edit and post picks a lil later.
There is only one boog.

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2011, 03:59:49 PM »
Rampage has said been nothing but respectful leading up to this fight. p.s. a lot of people mean mug Matt Hammill. It's a fighting sport.

p.p.s. Stop hatin on Rampage because he's legit.  ;D

Synthesis

« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2011, 05:37:21 PM »
Has Matt Hammill ever failed to disappoint?
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

boog

« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2011, 07:24:31 PM »
Rampage has said been nothing but respectful leading up to this fight. p.s. a lot of people mean mug Matt Hammill. It's a fighting sport.

p.p.s. Stop hatin on Rampage because he's legit.  ;D

I dunno ... I guess I just haven't found him fascinating since Pride and he plays up on his, "I'm a dumb gangster," act way too much. Also, lol, yes, when you cheat on your wife and have a baby with someone else, you are prolly gonna have to pay for it. Chroist.

Hammer's gonna go all out! I'm excited for it. I'm also excited for Nelson and Mir! I want Boetsch to wreck Grove (I CAN NOT STAND TITO'S PERSONAL BUNGHOLE LICKER). All the other fights I don't particularly have a 'pick', but I'm hoping they'll be good. I'm hoping. IF, you're all about Stann, right?

Also, IF, you're not allowed to talk to me until like, 3am your time, because you always spoil the fights for me! Rofl. <3
There is only one boog.

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2011, 12:03:17 AM »
Goddamnit I wanna talk shit to you right now boog. I'll wait until tomorrow.

boog

« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2011, 12:31:49 AM »
Goddamnit I wanna talk shit to you right now boog. I'll wait until tomorrow.

IT'S OKAY FACEBOOK RUINED IT FOR ME.

I "liked" a JDS fan page and so they go and blab every fucking thing on me. Hate hate hate.
There is only one boog.

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2011, 12:35:47 AM »
Yeah, too bad Hamill had nothing for Rampage. He needed a few more fights before he jumped up to the Top 10, baby.

p.s. Brian Stann FTWWWW. I'd like to see him against a contender, now.

Jdr

« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2011, 12:49:49 AM »
God, why don't you two just get married. ;)

boog

« Reply #121 on: May 29, 2011, 12:56:43 AM »
God, why don't you two just get married. ;)

You just want to fight me for him.
There is only one boog.

Jdr

« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2011, 12:58:24 AM »
Was my jealousy that evident? :(

<3 boog

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2011, 01:00:17 AM »
Ladies, gentlemen... we can have a free-for-all. Worry not.

boog

« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2011, 01:01:21 AM »
Ladies, gentlemen... we can have a free-for-all. Worry not.

It's gotta be after October. I bet your wife could take Jdr!
There is only one boog.