Author Topic: The Official MMA Thread  (Read 38363 times)

Is Friday

The Official MMA Thread
« on: October 24, 2010, 01:12:50 PM »
I think we should consolidate the MMA into one thread so that we stop bum rushing the other threads every couple of weeks when a fight happens.

Please bump this one whenever you have something MMA-related.
Quote from: shadowspeak discord
did you just meet a ridiculously unfuckable psychotic female character? It's 75% likely that Is_Friday is playing it! unfuckable, unwantable, unloveable, poorly played, stereotype-driven, abusive, and shallow!

aphex

Re: The Official MMA Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 03:12:54 PM »
I can't believe Werdum beat Fedor. What an upset. But both of them handled it so gracefully. I can't wait for the rematch - Emelianenko's gonna truck him.

Is Friday

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 03:23:45 PM »
I can't believe Werdum beat Fedor. What an upset. But both of them handled it so gracefully. I can't wait for the rematch - Emelianenko's gonna truck him.
did you just meet a ridiculously unfuckable psychotic female character? It's 75% likely that Is_Friday is playing it! unfuckable, unwantable, unloveable, poorly played, stereotype-driven, abusive, and shallow!

WarriorPoet

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 03:38:23 PM »
Lesnar got wrecked, Boo hoo, but now I can go back to hating the fucker.

But what about Jake Shields? What a huge let down. Did he have a poor camp this time or what, because I've followed this guy and it wasn't him in the ring lat night.

Pretty lame card, I say. But then again I was fairly drunk and not really paying attention to the filler fights.

Cung Le will be fighting soon, I belive in Strikeforce again. Good stuff. I want to see him fight alot more before he gets any older.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Is Friday

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 03:39:22 PM »
The Sanchez/Thiago fight was great, WP.

Also: Shields cut way too much weight. If he shows up like that against GSP he's going to get wrecked in seconds.

aphex

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 03:58:57 PM »
I can't wait to see Cung Le fight again. Dude, have you guys seen CRAZY HORSE in WEC?

WarriorPoet

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 04:07:46 PM »
I haven't seen Krazy Horse fight in awhile, but his premiere in EXC against KJ Noons was fucking BRUTAL. ANd he's one of the best interviews ever "I don't know kung-fu, and I don't know Judo. I'm a ghetto nigga. I fuck. People. Up."
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

aphex

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 04:09:28 PM »
C(K?)razy Horse is one of my favorite fighters, because win or lose, every fight is an exciting brawl. He really enjoys going out and trying to rip the other guy's head off or die trying. I salute you, Krazy Horse.

He looks like he smokes crack rock before and after the fights.

boog

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 04:10:57 PM »
Okay, okay. Here's a list of my favorite fighters per weight class:

Heavyweight:
Junior Dos Santos
Big Nog
Roy Nelson (:D)
Fedor
Andre Arlovski
Shane Carwin

I loved Napao and Cro Cop back in their heydays.

Light Heavyweight:
Rashad Evans
Forrest Griffin
Ryan Bader
Jon Jones
Lil' Nog

Brandon Vera before he started to get lazy, too, was great.

Middleweight:
Anderson Silva
Yushin Okami
Sexyama
Alan Belcher
Tom Lawler
Cort Mcgee
Nate Quarry for eye candy.
Cyborg - if you're counting women's middle with men's. ;)

Welterweight:
GSP
Jon Fitch <3
Matt Brown
Koscheck before the Ultimate Fighter show (Douche!)
John Hathaway
Dustin Hazelett (Needs a better chin. :( -- but who pulls off flying ankle locks anymore?)
Anthony Johnson
Cris Lytle
Karo Parisyan, back in the day before his Vike addiction.
Paulo Thiago (anyone else think he looks like Franz Kafka? Hah.)
Nick Diaz

Lightweight (and littler):
Kenny Florian
Clay Guida
Jose Aldo
Matt Serra
BJ Penn, back in the day
EDIT: AND KOREAN ZOMBIE. I need one of those shirts.

And if there's any Black House fighters fighting, I usually root for them ... because I am a sucker for a Brasilian man.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 04:13:11 PM by boog »
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Sephiroto

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 04:11:51 PM »
I haven't seen Krazy Horse fight in awhile, but his premiere in EXC against KJ Noons was fucking BRUTAL. ANd he's one of the best interviews ever "I don't know kung-fu, and I don't know Judo. I'm a ghetto nigga. I fuck. People. Up."

Krazy Horse = quality entertainment.  I love watching the guy in and out of the ring.

Is Friday

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 10:55:08 AM »
WEC has merged with the UFC. Awesome.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 10:37:27 PM »
God, Koscheck is such a piece of shit. There was the scene in Spartacus where they crucified and castrated this slave...Yeah. I think that would -almost- slake my thirst for Koscheck's blood and tears.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 10:38:44 PM »
Yuck...

boog

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 10:53:46 PM »
I wonder why he peroxides his hair ...  ??? ??? ???

Women can't honestly find that attractive.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

Is Friday

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 11:01:44 PM »
God, Koscheck is such a piece of shit. There was the scene in Spartacus where they crucified and castrated this slave...Yeah. I think that would -almost- slake my thirst for Koscheck's blood and tears.
I've yet to see TUF this week. He's a pretty big douche, yeah. I'm actually staying up tonight so I can watch it. I think it's on in 2 hours....

Is Friday

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 02:03:23 AM »

He's pretty homophobic. He's probably a closet queer.

Wolfsong

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 10:49:10 AM »

A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

Fnord

• An introduction to qabalah
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 11:22:03 AM »
I'm working on the UG's mobile app.
Amor Fati

boog

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 06:32:45 PM »

THAT is fine. But this is not:

There is only one boog.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 07:17:33 PM »
I just couldn't believe his gall last night.

"You're a male nurse. A MALE NURSE!"

Yeah. He's a male nurse or a paramedic. Which means that he helps people and saves lives. What the fuck are you, except a douchebag that gets beat up by better men?

roughneck

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 07:28:01 PM »
If you want to stay up all night mesmerized by the best mma showman of all time go type 'Genki Sudo' into your browser.  Of particular interest is his fight against Butterbean who apparently decided to take on an mma bout in Japan at some point.

boog

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 08:32:49 PM »
I just couldn't believe his gall last night.

"You're a male nurse. A MALE NURSE!"

Yeah. He's a male nurse or a paramedic. Which means that he helps people and saves lives. What the fuck are you, except a douchebag that gets beat up by better men?

No doubt. What a cocksucker.
There is only one boog.

Is Friday

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 06:06:37 PM »
That was a great Bully Beatdown episode. :)

Rahmi

• Legend
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2010, 06:55:07 PM »
Lesnar got wrecked, Boo hoo, but now I can go back to hating the fucker.

But what about Jake Shields? What a huge let down. Did he have a poor camp this time or what, because I've followed this guy and it wasn't him in the ring lat night.

Pretty lame card, I say. But then again I was fairly drunk and not really paying attention to the filler fights.

Cung Le will be fighting soon, I belive in Strikeforce again. Good stuff. I want to see him fight alot more before he gets any older.

I hate Lesnar! I was so glad he got his ass stomped. Carwin should have done it, but he tired out trying to finish it. I believe though,
the fight might have been called if it weren't a championship match and wasn't in the first round.

boog

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2010, 06:58:45 PM »
Rahmi speaks truth. I jumped up and down like a crazy woman and nearly kiss the big screen TV after I saw Cain wreck his ass.

*swoon*
There is only one boog.