Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 88916 times)

mansa

Re: Minecraft
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2010, 12:14:25 AM »
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Aaron Goulet

• Goulet Online
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2010, 03:40:28 AM »

I put a sign next to your tree before someone decided to burn it to the ground.  You're welcome.  ;)
Quote from: Zoltan
When in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Sephiroto

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2010, 06:16:25 AM »
Can't.....stop....building...

mansa

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2010, 12:03:21 PM »

I put a sign next to your tree before someone decided to burn it to the ground.  You're welcome.  ;)

TREE OF LIFE
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Aaron Goulet

• Goulet Online
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2010, 04:10:41 PM »

I can't wait to get home and see how the tower has progressed. :)
When in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

Wolfsong

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2010, 04:15:52 PM »
Anyone else crashing due to Java errors? I keep trying to build my island and it keeps freaking out.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

Aaron Goulet

• Goulet Online
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2010, 04:22:55 PM »
Anyone else crashing due to Java errors? I keep trying to build my island and it keeps freaking out.

I'll look into it when I get home from work.

Sephiroto

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2010, 05:38:31 PM »

I can't wait to get home and see how the tower has progressed. :)

I played a few more hours after you left and got a lot done.  I got really lucky too, as I reached the height limit as I was capping off the roof. 

While at work today I'm going to look at architecture designs to try to get some ideas.  After looking at my tower for a few minutes before I went to work I decided it just isn't badass enough.  Moar!

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2010, 05:40:36 PM »
I would like to see YouTube videos of these creations.

Sephiroto

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2010, 05:49:43 PM »
I would like to see YouTube videos of these creations.

I've got FRAPS.  I'll look at making a video tomorrow, but I must warn you that I'm not much of a narrator.  Someone else should probably do the talking...

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2010, 05:54:56 PM »
Don't need talking. I want to see it.

Anyways, I have my firefox muted at all times.

spacewars

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2010, 07:10:14 PM »
can someone give me instructions on how to connect to the server and which version because i don't have the paid version

Wolfsong

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2010, 08:12:54 PM »
Alpha is the paid version.

That dinky little fort (in progress) on the sand bar is mine. No haters plox.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

Sephiroto

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2010, 08:45:51 PM »
can someone give me instructions on how to connect to the server and which version because i don't have the paid version

I'm pretty sure you can connect to Aaron Goulet's server (24.19.220.244) through the free JAVA app on Minecraft website.  You'll need to register an account, but you only have to pay if you want to buy the client-side program.

After making an account, go to the multiplayer link on the website and type in Aaron's IP address.  If you get in you'll be spawned at the home point.  There will be some hills and trees.  You can find our little, growing town by looking in the sky for Ragnar's Tower.

Sephiroto

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2010, 10:41:33 PM »
Some questions:

Could someone explain how/when changes in weather take place in the game?  When is there snow?  Where is there snow?

Could someone explain how to make portals?  Where does one find obsidian?  I've mined lots and never found diamond either.  I heard about making portals from cooled lava though.

Aaron, is your server older than the last patch?  In the new patch, iron is much more prevelent.  Maybe we're in an iron-poor location, but I've encounted much more iron in single player game that I started two days ago, which leads me to believe your server world is older than the patch that made iron more common.

spacewars

« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2010, 10:44:55 PM »
where do i type his ip at

Canned Heat

« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2010, 10:45:21 PM »
My boyfriend just got me into this game...were making portals to hell as I type this!

Riev

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2010, 10:46:14 PM »
Diamond, as with Redstone, is found near the bottom of the map, around the Adminium deposits.

Obsidian isn't mined, as much as it is lava, cooling on top of blue water. Most of the time you must farm is, as you would cacti.

I don't know about portals per se, but I know Runecraft allows for such things.

Weather seems random, I'm unsure.

Also. I will make an underwater garden. You'll see.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

spacewars

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2010, 10:53:29 PM »
what is arrons server html addres

Sephiroto

« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2010, 10:59:11 PM »
Diamond, as with Redstone, is found near the bottom of the map, around the Adminium deposits.

Obsidian isn't mined, as much as it is lava, cooling on top of blue water. Most of the time you must farm is, as you would cacti.

I don't know about portals per se, but I know Runecraft allows for such things.

Weather seems random, I'm unsure.

Also. I will make an underwater garden. You'll see.

I mined over 70 redstone yesterday in about an hour and got not a single diamond.  Am I doing something wrong?

What are adminium deposits?  You mean the black "bedrock" that can't be dug through?  Heh, just wander through Dragonsthrall mine and you'll see that I dug.  Yeah baby I dug.  Not a single diamond or obsidian.  Plenty of lava though.  I guess I'll get some buckets and make obsidian from cooled lava.

Sephiroto

« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2010, 11:01:05 PM »
what is arrons server html addres

Hmm, I recall an html address when I accidentally hosted on the free version of the game.  Will someone please clarify whether or not Spacewars will be able to login to Aaron's server without paying for Alpha?  I apologize if I've been mistaken this entire time.  I'm still very new to this game.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2010, 11:03:06 PM »
Diamond is rare. You will probably not find lots of it easily. I suggest looking up youtube videos on strip-mining.

Adminium is the bottom of the world, and cannot be destroyed. Don't bother digging past it, you'll probably fall through the world.

Portals don't currently work in multiplayer, but are made by constructing a 5x4 obsidian door.

Weather is not currently implemented beyond the form of biomes, which are different environments depending on where you are and what you're nearby, such as snow in the mountains, better grass near a lake or river, etc etc.

Survival multiplayer does not work without a paid account.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Aaron Goulet

• Goulet Online
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2010, 11:27:21 PM »
Diamond is rare. You will probably not find lots of it easily. I suggest looking up youtube videos on strip-mining.

Adminium is the bottom of the world, and cannot be destroyed. Don't bother digging past it, you'll probably fall through the world.

Portals don't currently work in multiplayer, but are made by constructing a 5x4 obsidian door.

Weather is not currently implemented beyond the form of biomes, which are different environments depending on where you are and what you're nearby, such as snow in the mountains, better grass near a lake or river, etc etc.

Survival multiplayer does not work without a paid account.

HavokBlue is correct in all these things.  Unfortunately, spacewars, only people who have paid for the game are able to log into the server, as the free version doesn't support crafting/mining/etc.  :(

Sephiroto

« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2010, 04:56:34 AM »
I'm going to fool around with some texture packs.  Has anyone else done this yet?

valeria

• I have a writing page.
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2010, 11:29:59 AM »
I don't do Youtube, but I wanted to share my Badass Castle.  I've just linked the screenshot because I don't want to clutter the thread with awesome  ;)

You wish your castle was this hot.
A Kuraci regular shouts, in sirihish:
     "Bad move, fool!"
A Kuraci regular slashes a filthy grey rat on its body.