Thursday, Sept 23
3 (21.4%)
Friday, Sept 24
3 (21.4%)
Saturday, Sept 25
8 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: September 21, 2010, 05:53:46 PM

First, let me be clear: I don't have any kind of epic player-driven plot I'd like to start with this, or anything. I just have been having a hard time meeting people (by that I mean other PCs. There are plenty of NPCs.) in the 'rinth, and thought maybe if everyone who plays there was on at the same time it would up my chance of meeting people without having to go South-side. That being said...

Please vote on what DAYs you'd be available. Everyone has two votes, and stuff. And then, also, say what time you might be available in the thread.

Personally, I can usually get on some time after 6:30pm EST monday-thursday. Usually. I have a Cross Country meet on Tuesday, for example, so I don't know when I'll be available then.

Just FYI, you might not get a lot of players actually posting in a thread of this type, because players frequently prefer not to publically associate themselves with their PCs. What I would recommend you do to meet other players in the 'rinth, whether westside or eastside, is to go ahead and make a rumor post in the relevant location in-game. "Some dude named Shanky is lookin' to meet up here in two weeks. (OOC: Thurs 9/16, 7 pm Eastern.)"

Edited to add: Also kudos to you for attempting to start anything, even just a meet-up. You never know what could happen!
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

Its not a 'rinth RPT unless 4 people die.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Basically, what Talia said. Nothing prevents you from posting on the rumor board if it is that difficult. Even if its just a "There has been a new face around the Folley" etc etc etc.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

What's the place comin' too, it always used to be at least 5 deaths and a dismemberment......world's becomin' to soft these days.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

I don't think there's anything wrong with scheduling 'Folley Fridays' or whatever.

Players don't have to announce their preferred times in the thread, and can vote anonymously, right? We've had plenty of 'give the rinth some lovin' threads and we have the same sort of thing going on for other places.

Edit: (But don't be dismayed if people don't post their times -in- the thread, like Talia said.)
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I support this thread. Thumbs up. Voting won't hurt your anonymity, 'rinthis!
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Quote from: Talia on September 16, 2010, 05:59:59 PM
Just FYI, you might not get a lot of players actually posting in a thread of this type, because players frequently prefer not to publically associate themselves with their PCs. What I would recommend you do to meet other players in the 'rinth, whether westside or eastside, is to go ahead and make a rumor post in the relevant location in-game. "Some dude named Shanky is lookin' to meet up here in two weeks. (OOC: Thurs 9/16, 7 pm Eastern.)"

Edited to add: Also kudos to you for attempting to start anything, even just a meet-up. You never know what could happen!
I thought as much, but it looked as if things were working out for the Redstorm RPT thread, so I figured I'd give it a shot (and it looks like this worked out well, too). I'll also probably make an IC Board post on top of this, just in case.

Quote from: thatkid on September 17, 2010, 12:36:43 PM
Quote from: Talia on September 16, 2010, 05:59:59 PM

I thought as much, but it looked as if things were working out for the Redstorm RPT thread, so I figured I'd give it a shot (and it looks like this worked out well, too). I'll also probably make an IC Board post on top of this, just in case.

I think this is an awesome type of post - would be great if we could have a monthly "get together" where a bunch of rinithi met in a neutral area to do something like a flea market. Maybe the mantis?

Most of my 'rinthi characters would go to a "monthly" meeting, only to try to hire the people not working for them, or kill the ones that refuse to.

Though, I am tickled by the idea of monthly 'rinth purges that are PLAYER run, not NPC run ;)
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Well, nothing  wrong with a truce between various factions so that both can make some coin on pit fights, taxes on things sold, etc.