Slave Capturing

Started by Trenidor, July 12, 2003, 11:00:43 AM

If you were to be some bandit, kidnapper, somthing ot the like, How would you go about capturing people, and making them slaves?  :?

I know it would be hard to do, but still I want to see if it can be done. I know there are alot of OOC things that have to be done, and I know there has to be things done IC... I also want to know if it would be a good Idea to even try-I think it sounds fun.

My last question is, How would you go about this with all the OOC junk and such, of people not wanting to be slaves, and still have it going good roleplay? The second you ask them OOC, they might not except, then what? You kill them because they won't be a slave? Last I heard, people like that would start training them to be slaves, and if they didn't cooperate, they'd use the whip. :twisted:

I recently thought of this, and don't exactly think it will work, If a few of the staff think it will, I'll try it, but if they don't, I don't want to mess up a good character, by totally changing around his role.  :(

-Trenidor
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

I played a bandit type who actually had a thing with enslaven people.
Personally, unless it gets graphic, I dont beleave you need consent. While it is nice not to enslave people who dont want their pcs to be slaves, this is Armageddon...not happy flower bunny land.

I say, catch them and enslave them. If they dont listen, get consent, and beat them into submission. Mess with their heads, torment their bodies. They will either break down and be a slave (as most would), try to escape, or die.
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

My opinion? If a person doesn't want to be a slave, that shouldn't prevent you from capturing them. However, it should prevent you from guarding them. If the person is real adamant about being a slave, maybe you could just 'let them get away'. You know, IC, you did everything you could to catch them, but OOCly, you just watched them run off.

How far can they get before meating a pack of gith, anyways?

There are problems with this, of course. It'd be kind of similar to the theif/victim RP debate that's going on. In general, people need to be willing to be slaves, just like they need to be willing to have their stabling ticket stolen repetitivley. There have been a lot of topics on slavery recently, and on the issue of forcing slavery onto PCs... It probably isn't a good idea to dig yourself too far in to a slaver role, until more PCs are willing to be ripped from whatever their life was, beforehand.

Five Disgruntled Monkeys, signing off, and pretending this rambling post made sense...
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

I said it on the other slavery thread, and I'll say it on this one, "If you don't want your character to be a slave, it's your job to prevent it.  This is Zalanthas that your character is living in, boys and girls, and it's a fact of life."  I know of a character that WAS enslaved in game...granted, that was by a Templar instead of a raider, but it happens and should happen because it does.  Otherwise, where would Winrothol and Borsail keep getting these slaves to sell to everyone else?  They breed them, but not all of them.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "The Lonely Hunter"not happy flower bunny land.

THIS seriously needs to go on the main page for the site. "This is armageddon. Not happy flower bunny land." Oh man that was great.  8)  :lol:

Yeah! Finally my focus of sayen something that someone will quote in their sig might be fulfilled!

Hrm, now for a new focus...
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

-Rathustra

Slavery, in an unconventional means (raiders, bandits, kidnappers) would be alot easier with some commands like bind (with a rope), but here are some ideas I had on the matter.

Say your a raider, in a band of maybe virtually 25 or so. Large enough that you would have a sustained camp, and the means to do some of the things listed below. You would, with the help of maybe the Staff, get some nifty lockable 'cage' rooms.

Now you go pillage the country side, maybe find a few npcs, and a pc. Bead them to within inches of their life, subdue them, and drag them back into camp. After shackling them with bindings you toss them in the cage and lock it. Maybe with some bread scraps on the floor.

With this done you then have yourself a nifty slave!

The Bind commands would allow you to -drag-, or -pull- a person around, by means of a rope or leather length attached to their probably bone or wooden shackles. This would be strength dependant, as obviously a half-giant wouldnt be pulled around by a little halfling.

And then add in a nifty command like... Prod, with a spear or pointed object. Lets you poke someone, dealing a minute amount of damage without intiating combat. Here is how I would see a minor scene work out.

A purty peasant girl's eyes roll back in her hed.
A purty peasant girl crumbles to the ground.
>
say (While twiddling his fingers together) exceellent.
say (Turning to face ~guard and pointing down at ~girl) Subdue her and bind her with the shackles.
>
A big scary guard gets a pair of bone and wooden shackles on a leather rope from a backpack.
>
Another big and scary guard subdues a purty peasant girl despite her attempts to get away.
>
A big scary guard binds a purty peasant girl with a pair of bone and wooden shackles on a leather rope.
>look girl
A girl is in awful condition:
<worn on hands>    a pair of bone and wooden shackles on a leather rope
>
Another big scary guard releases a purty peasant girl.
>hitch girl
You grab ahold of a purty peasant girl by her shackle rope.
>east (walking quickly)
An evil raider has arrived from the east, dragging a purty peasant girl behind him.
>
A purty peasant girl's eyes flicker open.
A purty peasant girl screams, "AHHH! Let go of me!"
>girl tries flee self and fails.
say (Reaching for his spear) Quiet down you.
>prod girl
You prod a girl in the back with the point of your obsidian spear.
>
A purty peasant girl's eyes roll back in her hed.
A purty peasant girl crumbles to the ground.

Then you get her into the cage and toss her in via the subdue commands.

Now at a later date you have her working in the fields. Leashed to a guard.

A purty girl exclaims, "I wont do this work!"
>
say (Gesturing to guard) Yes you will my pretty! muwahah!
>
A guard prods a purty girl with the tip of his obsidian sword.
(then she loses a little life, etc.)

Now for abuses sake this could only be done to a shackled victum.
And maybe only every minute or so.

This would give them a chance to futilely rush you and die or be beaten up in combat, or get back to work. And have the same type of aspects as whipping does, i.e. bare back, as prodding someone through armor would be hard.

Anyways, I think this would make enslaving people more fun.

Instead of a new command like bind (which, by the way, I do think is insanely cool... it would be a BLAST), it may be possible that the subdue skill itself be tweaked.  

subdue girl rope/shackles/whatever

The item to subdue, of course, held in hand.  It would have a sizeable delay, so that if your opponent is not held already, or unconcious, it would be very very difficult to shackle them.

Granted, anyone who can tie a knot can subdue someone if they have a rope, but most people would suck at it, not knowing the right joints to tie up, etc.  Someone with subdue would have a much higher chance of actually restraining them, since they have some experience with doing it by bare hand.

Certain subclasses would probably have a higher chance of breaking confinement, of course, natch: thieves, burglars, pickpocks, acrobats, rebels.

Just another idea to compound Jenreds... which was a very good idea in and of itself.  I'm just trying to come up with ideas that may make it a bit easier for our beloved staff to do so.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

There are objects in the game which can be put on you and drag you around..I had it done to me before..Look around.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

There are large, semi-moble cage objects in the game already.  I say semi-moble because a cage designed to hold man-sized (or larger) things is damned heavy, and once you add occupants (at least 60 stone each) you'll need a few stout half-giants to move the cage unless it is mounted on a wagon.  And what kind of raiders use wagons?

So you'll need a few things:

1. Enough stout men to knock out or otherwise capture your would-be slaves.

2. Some way to contain your potential slaves: a cage, a locked room, a half-giant with nothing to do all day but subdue 'em, whatever.

3. A way to move your slaves.  A moble cage, a wagon, someone to subdue 'em and drag 'em accross the sands for you.  Buying or building stout cages and wagons will take imm intervention at some point.

4. A way to use or sell your slaves.  Do you have a farm or mine you need worked?  Probably not, so you'll want to sell them.  Preferably you want to sell southern captures in the north and northern captures in the south.  You need contacts.  I've seen people unable to sell mounts for more than 1/4 of their original price, so without the right contacts you aren't going to get rich off selling half-wild slaves.

It is a lot of effort to play a group of independant slavers.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

The cages in my post I was figuring maybe like a cave with a grate over the only exit or something crude. Not a mass movable Borsail slave cage pavilion thing or something.

So basically just a room with a locked door that you can look in and out of (to imply bars, or lattice-work).

I agree with Jenred most, His bind idea would work best I think because you could be riding a kank or something and drag them along with a rope or something else. That way you wouldn't need a wagon with a cage because you could just pull them allong. Plus it would be hard to escape because they are being pulled and dragged on the ground. 8)
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

I've thought of having a character like this myself, I think it would be great for in game!!!

The other thing is players might look differently on -playing- a slave if they got a taste of something other than spechal app sex toys.  

And if enslaving dosen't work... just stick with kidnapping  :twisted:

Go for it, sounds fun!
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Fine! Dont quote me! I curse you all!

: cackles as he runs off.
-Ginka

-Rathustra

QuoteFine! Dont quote me! I curse you all!

: cackles as he runs off.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

I would personally prefer not to see something like this. If you want to be a slaver, join Winrothol or Borsail. PCs who are suddenly thrust into a slave position are very unlikely to be OOCly happy playing the role out, and would likely retire, escape, or dying trying in very short order making it pretty much no fun for everyone involved. Staff clans with slaving actually have support for capturing already in place, and believe it or not, there are even events run from time to time doing it.

Cerebus