What does [THING] look like?

Started by Blackisback, August 11, 2010, 09:05:12 PM

If you have less than a certain amount of coins, the coins you have turn into 'a pile of coins' instead of 'a pile of allanaki coins'. Why? I dunno.

I need some help with siltfruit. It's not so much thr visual, it's the taste and texture that I just can't get a grip on.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on July 14, 2011, 08:05:14 AM
I need some help with siltfruit. It's not so much thr visual, it's the taste and texture that I just can't get a grip on.

I've always imagined them to be something like overripe cantaloupe...thick, grainy, yet strangely melt in your mouth. A very thin skin..something like a plum. And then they just taste meaty, I'd guess like boiled beef of some kind. Not entirely flavourful, but still has a distinctly meaty taste.

That's how I've always thought of it, at least.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead." - Albert Einstein

Quote from: Barzalene on July 14, 2011, 08:05:14 AM

I thought of them kinda like squash and cuccumber hybrid... no real taste to it... (I hope I'm remembering the taste description right...)

i always thought of it as a warm, thick, syrupy vegetable (to your mind) that is technically a fruit (to science.) like tomatoes. And pleasantly shaped like grey and pink peaches with thicker skins and inerestingly rough surface textures. I think that last part is my imagination.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

There is, but they're essentially the same thing. It's just a weird code oversight thing that crops up on occasion. They combine together when placed in the inv anyway.
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

a bahamet-embroidered backpack
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote from: Archbaron on July 25, 2011, 06:56:17 PM

a bahamet-embroidered backpack

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

I wish I was kidding but that's really what it looks like.
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

I never understood why the travelling knapsack wasn't more popular, anyway.

A few stones' difference or something? :P

I think everyone sees "bahamet-embroidered" and assumes it has some badass stitchery on the back.
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

People just like looking like first-graders, I guess. That, and nobody reads mdescs these days it seems.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a

The man in some boring leather leg-guards is here.
>l man's leg.guards
These are leg guards. Except they are actually assless. Like assless chaps. This guy is hanging out for all to see. Oh, and they're covered in shit stains. Yeah.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

make it the realistic color, and if i'm lucky, change it to a gortok or scrab pack and i'd wear it if it held at least 30 stones.

a kryl pack would be bliss.

Quote from: Cind on July 28, 2011, 01:50:31 PM
make it the realistic color, and if i'm lucky, change it to a gortok or scrab pack and i'd wear it if it held at least 30 stones.

a kryl pack would be bliss.

That would be soooo kawaii!
"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."
- Samuel Clemens

If you walk around with a kryl on your back, you're likely to take a polearm to the face.

Quote from: HavokBlue on July 26, 2011, 05:28:14 PM
The man in some boring leather leg-guards is here.
>l man's leg.guards
These are leg guards. Except they are actually assless. Like assless chaps. This guy is hanging out for all to see. Oh, and they're covered in shit stains. Yeah.

Oh man... I lol'd.

Quote from: Wasteland Raider on July 26, 2011, 04:48:45 PM
People just like looking like first-graders, I guess. That, and nobody reads mdescs these days it seems.
If you read the mdesc, it's actually ambigious. Can be read as both "embroidered with a bahamet, head and feet embroidered as well and just sticking out from the shell" or "pack embroidered as a bahamet shell, head and legs sticking out as extra parts".

So I'm still not convinced that backpack is actually bahamet-shaped.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

I am totally convinced that backpack is bahamet shaped because that is funnier.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on July 29, 2011, 05:02:57 AM
QFT

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: bcw81 on July 29, 2011, 05:26:09 AM
Quote from: musashi on July 29, 2011, 05:02:57 AM
QFT
Yep.
     -Niccolo Machiavelli