Author Topic: Sample Backgrounds  (Read 1309 times)

Vanth

Sample Backgrounds
« on: July 23, 2010, 05:09:19 PM »
The sample background page in the Introductory Information section (http://www.armageddon.org/intro/backsamples.html) is woefully out of date.  I would like to add some new, more currently-relevant backgrounds so that this is a better resource for new players.

I am particularly in need of backgrounds for 0-karma types of characters, especially for dwarves with good foci, and for city elf tribals, but I can also use backgrounds of other types.

Write up whatever background you want and submit it to me by email at vanth@armageddon.org . No using past characters' backgrounds. One submission per person at this time, please.  Depending on how many submissions I get, we may do a second round.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

Vanth

Re: Sample Backgrounds
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 12:30:22 PM »
I could also use some Tuluki backgrounds that better reflect the current northlands (but without mentioning the major hrpt event, as that will become old news too, while more general cultural stuff won't).

Vanth

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 06:43:09 PM »
Thank you to everyone who has helped so far!

I do not need any more humans at this time.  Still need more half-elves, city-elves, and dwarves.

Fredd

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 11:00:57 PM »
Just wondering.

Since the effects of the major HRPT are seen ALL OVER tuluk... and the grey forest, and people would look at a tuluki citizen rather weirdly if they didnt know about it... Why can it not be mentioned?
You have never had the urge to kill yourself, before now.

The mighty Tektolnes says, in Highlord-accented sirihish,
"cast mon un shut the fuck up ~Valasurus"

Vanth

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 12:35:45 AM »
Because the website only gets updated occasionally, and if you put it in the background like it happened yesterday, it's going to not make sense in a year (or whenever) when everything's rebuilt and nobody's focused on it anymore.  That is why some of the backgrounds that are up there now are obsolete, because it's no longer right after Old Tuluk's destruction, or the Rebellion, or whatever.