Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 244643 times)

Marauder Moe

Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #3275 on: September 03, 2019, 03:54:28 PM »
(Star Trek: TNG)

I remember snippits of this show, watching it with my father, as a child. Was hoping for some nostalgia. I am not disappointed.

I, too, grew up on this show, and coincidentally have been re-watching it myself the last few months.  Aspect ratio aside, holds up pretty well.  There's a few stinkers in season 1, 2, and 7, but overall a nice optimistic refreshment from the modern grimdarkness of today's scifi.

Speaking of ultra-dark science fiction... "The Boys" is indeed excellent as well.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #3276 on: September 04, 2019, 01:24:39 PM »
In other news, the new Dark Crystal show on Netflix is wonderful.  Stellar voice cast, with my favorites being Mark Hamill doing his trademark raspy psychopath voice (aka The Joker) and Simon Pegg being perfectly true to The Chamberlain from the original movie.  HMMMmmmmmMMM...

Riev

« Reply #3277 on: September 09, 2019, 03:06:47 PM »
In other news, the new Dark Crystal show on Netflix is wonderful.  Stellar voice cast, with my favorites being Mark Hamill doing his trademark raspy psychopath voice (aka The Joker) and Simon Pegg being perfectly true to The Chamberlain from the original movie.  HMMMmmmmmMMM...

It took me a full episode to realize SkekTek was the Joker.
Chamberlain is still my favorite ever.

I've also been watching Another Life, with Katee Sackhoff. Its OKAY. The plot arcs remind me a lot of Stargate: Universe... alone in the stars, needing to repair the ship or find food, etc.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
« Reply #3278 on: September 12, 2019, 12:17:40 PM »
The first and second session of Fooly Cooly. The first one for the third time, after maybe year two years after watching it, and the second for the first time. The first is way better than the second.