Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 232101 times)

Cind

Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #3250 on: March 11, 2019, 04:27:56 AM »
I enjoyed watching Steven Universe but the plot shit they started doing towards the end really killed my vibe of wanting to watch it.

That's basically what it was for me.

I'm halfway through season 4 of Dragonball Z, the long version and not kai. The japanese acting is better but the English has more thorough communication for me because culture. In some languages, you don't need to specify the subject of the sentence, which is confusing for English speakers. The use of particles in spoken sentences is also kind of weird and I can't get used to it. Our particles have a meaning, such as an and the, and are not simply something you put in the sentence to make it grammatically correct.

I think I will watch until the Cell Games are over and then try to think of something else I would like to watch. Stardust Crusaders was really awesome, but I'd only gotten to watch the second half of it, starting from when they are traveling in the submarine until the end of the fight with Dio.
Playing something new could be just what you need!

flurry

« Reply #3251 on: May 11, 2019, 03:01:38 PM »
PSA: Apparently HBO uploaded all of Season 1 of Big Little Lies to YouTube for free. Also not region blocked. I assume they did it to promote the upcoming second season.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Harmless

« Reply #3252 on: May 26, 2019, 01:05:19 AM »
I picked up Last Kingdom again. It delivers a bit more reliably towards the later seasons. I think some of the actors learned how to act better in season 3.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
« Reply #3253 on: May 31, 2019, 08:23:30 AM »
Good Omens.

lordcooper

« Reply #3254 on: May 31, 2019, 05:22:14 PM »
The good omens series is merely 'pretty okay', and Tennant is carrying the whole thing on his back.  It's Jessica Jones all over again.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
« Reply #3255 on: May 31, 2019, 06:04:33 PM »
It was. Not something that I would re-watch.

triste

« Reply #3256 on: June 02, 2019, 06:27:21 PM »
Sorry I endlessly plug this show, but Kakegurui is the freaking best and I feel thematic enough to be worth posting about here. You can watch it on netflix at https://www.netflix.com/title/80175351 and the next season is coming this June 13th.

All of the characters are rather unique/complex, and with the exception of the word "murder" this show could basically have the same tagline as Armageddon because it's full of corruption and betrayal. I think the plot is good enough such that they tried to make it into a live action series as well (which is garbage) in order to try and get some appeal among those turned off by animation. That said, the animation is pretty great. It's definitely not for everyone but if you are a fan of topics like disparate power balances, insanity, and con-artistry it's fantastic.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #3257 on: June 03, 2019, 11:02:11 PM »
If you aren't watching Attack on Titan right now you're sorely missing out. Season 3 has been some of the best TV I've watched.

lordcooper

« Reply #3258 on: June 13, 2019, 08:27:07 AM »
If you aren't watching Attack on Titan right now you're sorely missing out. Season 3 has been some of the best TV I've watched.

Have they gone to that fucking basement yet?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #3259 on: June 13, 2019, 09:07:14 AM »

SPOILERS BELOW

Yes.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 09:09:38 AM by RogueGunslinger »

Akaramu

« Reply #3260 on: June 13, 2019, 12:56:54 PM »

Season 3 is out? YESSSSSS

Bebop

« Reply #3261 on: June 13, 2019, 02:19:15 PM »
The good omens series is merely 'pretty okay', and Tennant is carrying the whole thing on his back.  It's Jessica Jones all over again.

Excuse you?  Michael Sheen AND David Tennant are carrying the whole thing.  ;)

It's super kitschy but their romance made it a worthwhile ride for me.  It could've been directed MUCH better. That book was made for film or TV and they still managed to foul it up.  One thing that irked me about this series is they zigged when they should've zagged - making emotional moments silly, for the laughs - and silly moments serious and ominous.  Overt when they should've been subtle.

For instance, in the book when Crowley scares the dude with the paintball gun it doesn't say what Crowley turned into to scare him so badly.  They could've easily just shown the victim's face being afraid, passing out.  Instead they did this quick, kitschy, ridiculous CGI moment that was so bad it was jarring.  Grr.  And don't even get me started on how bad the CGI is, or those little animated signs that get held up that look like a bad powerpoint presentation.

Without Tennant and Sheen it would be a disaster.

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
« Reply #3262 on: June 13, 2019, 02:39:39 PM »

Excuse you?  Michael Sheen AND David Tennant are carrying the whole thing.  ;)

[snip]

Without Tennant and Sheen it would be a disaster.

That's what I felt too, those two carried. The rest of the actors were meh and I felt like it was rushed.