Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 223050 times)

Akaramu

Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #3200 on: October 28, 2018, 09:22:28 PM »
I finished it! Eee, so good.

I cranked out like, 20 hats and 5 huge ass crocheted cowls while watching it all. Wow, though. It's probably the best anime I've seen in my liiiiife. I couldn't stop watching it. Wowza.

It's gonna be hard to beat that, y'all. O_O

Told you so! And Tapas did, too.  8) What do we win?

It's literally the favorite anime of anyone I ever recommended it to. Wins a special award for the most soul-crushing 'final boss battle' ever. You know why I put that in quotes...

boog

« Reply #3201 on: October 28, 2018, 10:03:50 PM »
Yeah. Man.

I don't know what you two win. Haha. I'm not sure what shipping costs are right now. I could send you something I made while watching it. Whew.

I'm not sure what to watch now. My sister said One Punch Man is delightful, though. And she said Death Note is good for the first 20 or so episodes, then it gets stupid.

Anyway, I told my sister and her roommate they should watch From the New World too, so I think they'll get into it here soon. Oh, and I told some people in a group I'm in on Facebook too -- they're a bunch of dudes our age range, and they like the usual, Toonami stuff, but I think they'd love this. ANYWAY. Um. Yeah.

Non-anime related, I think I'm almost done with season 2 of 'Making a Murderer'. As usual, what I have to say about the case and what I think is probably what's right. *fluffs hair* Oh, and 'The Office' is always on at my house. We eat dinner and watch it, snuggle up and watch it... It kinda reminds me of how Golden Girls was when I was a kid -- Lifetime was always playing Golden Girls, and we'd always eat dinner watching it, or snuggle up watching it. I think it's good to have a kinda 'comfort blanket' show. My kids love The Office, too. My littlest has wanted to be a zombie, a blueberry, a jellybean, a marshmallow, a zombie marshmallow ... and then Andy Bernard. *sigh*
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Akaramu

« Reply #3202 on: October 29, 2018, 06:34:52 AM »
The prize can be purely symbolic, it's fine  ;D

Death Note is pretty good, too. At least the first half or so? Another fairly 'smart' Anime and absolutely worth watching.

boog

« Reply #3203 on: October 29, 2018, 10:53:13 AM »
I've got four people slated to watch the anime, hahaha.

I might start Death Note tonight. It depends on how the day goes. All this darkness might be too much though. Haha.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

Seeker

« Reply #3204 on: October 29, 2018, 01:20:03 PM »

Watch Shinsekai Yori NOW.

Where is the best place to find Shinsekai Yori to watch, please?
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

boog

« Reply #3205 on: October 29, 2018, 02:56:01 PM »
The first eleven episodes dubbed are on YouTube. I've got a link for the rest if you'd like. PM me if you so desire!
There is only one boog.

Akaramu

« Reply #3206 on: October 29, 2018, 03:26:59 PM »

Watch Shinsekai Yori NOW.

Where is the best place to find Shinsekai Yori to watch, please?

I used to be able to watch the English dub for all episodes on some Anime streaming site I can't remember. Now I can't find it for some reason  :-\ I got a link to a site with German subtitles but I doubt they'd help you. Boog should be able to help, though! Or try some googling yourself, or maybe this one works for you (it doesn't for my country) https://myanimelist.net/anime/13125/Shinsekai_yori/episode

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #3207 on: October 29, 2018, 04:09:00 PM »
9anime.to

Best place for anime ive found.

Deathnote is ok, i feel like you would enjoy something like Attack on Titan or Fullmetal Alchemest: Brotherhood more though.

On a separate note, everyone should watch BoJack Horseman.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 04:14:36 PM by RogueGunslinger »

Pale Horse

« Reply #3208 on: October 29, 2018, 04:35:22 PM »
Since the topic seems to be anime:

Overlord.
Already watched all 3 seasons, but I can't give this enough of the love it deserves.

That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime.
Light, fluffy, silly and pretty charming.  I've read the novels and manga up to the same point, now I'm just waiting on the anime to catch up.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

boog

« Reply #3209 on: October 29, 2018, 05:03:41 PM »

Overlord.
Already watched all 3 seasons, but I can't give this enough of the love it deserves.

Light, fluffy, silly and pretty charming.  I've read the novels and manga up to the same point, now I'm just waiting on the anime to catch up.

My sister's roommate suggested I watch the latter, but I don't really like a lot of sexual themes. And when I googled that title, it looked like a ... Waifu pillow inducing kinda anime.
There is only one boog.

Pale Horse

« Reply #3210 on: October 29, 2018, 05:09:45 PM »

Overlord.

My sister's roommate suggested I watch the latter, but I don't really like a lot of sexual themes. And when I googled that title, it looked like a ... Waifu pillow inducing kinda anime.

So far there's only been the last two episodes that pushed the fan service or situations that could be shown as "waifu material."  The show seems to be following the manga fairly devotedly as far as adaptations go and I don't remember much of any of that showing up...

...which for a Japanese animated production/comic is keeping it fairly "classy."
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Narf

« Reply #3211 on: October 29, 2018, 09:19:21 PM »

On a separate note, everyone should watch BoJack Horseman.

As someone that watched every season as soon as it came out, I gotta say there's a lot of people that probably couldn't handle watching it. I love the supporting cast, but Bojack is just too reliably self-destructive. It was kinda painful to watch, and his archs got very predictable. Everyone else was great though.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #3212 on: October 31, 2018, 03:59:47 AM »
Gravity Falls is a great show for children.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #3213 on: November 20, 2018, 06:45:20 AM »
If you're even remotely interested in comic-book shows you have to watch Titans. And if you're not interested, it's still worth watching.

Bogre

« Reply #3214 on: November 20, 2018, 04:56:19 PM »
Godless, on Netflix!
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #3215 on: November 20, 2018, 08:41:41 PM »
The Last Kingdom is so fucking good. Season 3 just came out.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #3216 on: December 03, 2018, 01:10:38 PM »
Sweet! Thanks for the reminder about this series! I was watching this to get through my Vikings withdrawal.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Krath

« Reply #3217 on: December 03, 2018, 03:17:30 PM »

I was wondering about this will start it.

I also want to watch that new series that has not started called Wayne.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 03:19:34 PM by Krath »
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Pale Horse

« Reply #3218 on: December 07, 2018, 08:06:38 AM »

lordcooper

« Reply #3219 on: December 07, 2018, 10:43:16 AM »
One Punch Man.  It's actually quite entertaining, although I do wish it focused more on characterisation and his daily life beyond the first few episodes.  It has been added to my List of Acceptable Anime, which is now as follows:

1. Ghost in the Shell
2. One Punch Man

I'm adding Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood to the list, largely on the merits of episode 4.  It's trope filled and cringey as hell in places, never quite lived up to the potential that was hinted at in that particular episode, but there were enough good moments sprinkled throughout to keep me watching. 
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Cind

« Reply #3220 on: December 08, 2018, 06:55:55 AM »
I'm adding Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood to the list, largely on the merits of episode 4.  It's trope filled and cringey as hell in places, never quite lived up to the potential that was hinted at in that particular episode, but there were enough good moments sprinkled throughout to keep me watching. 

They assume you've watched the first series, so they speed like hell through to episode 15 or 16 and then it starts feeling like a real plot. It gets good, man, even though it takes on more normal 'fantasy' vibes than the first series, which was really unique for its atmosphere.

I'm still in the middle of Steven Universe. Beginning of season 3. Even though the episodes are short, there must be a hundred of them.
Playing something new could be just what you need!

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #3221 on: December 08, 2018, 12:12:34 PM »

Their intros are awesome. Definitely loving this newest one.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Strongheart

« Reply #3222 on: January 09, 2019, 09:16:45 PM »

I've noticed a handful of Steven Universe fans in this community, and I wanted to post this as to why some of us (including myself) are not a fan of the show! I do not mean this as an offense, but rather a legitmate critique of Steven Universe. :)

Edit: The title of the video may be a bit harsh actually lol sorry about that!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 09:55:01 PM by Strongheart »

Fathi

« Reply #3223 on: January 18, 2019, 05:23:58 PM »
S2 of Counterpart is out. Iím trying not to binge it all in one sitting. God, itís such a great show that you never hear anyone talking about.

If you like sci-fi, alt history, Cold War stuff, spy dramas, thrillers of all kinds, and mindfuckery, itís one of the best shows for all of the above. I think the only reason itís not a mega-hit is because itís on Starz and not HBO or whatever.

Iím terrified itís gonna get cancelled before it finishes and I havenít been this worried about that since Hannibal and the Expanse. D: Please god no.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Cind

« Reply #3224 on: January 22, 2019, 02:42:27 AM »
I'm actually not that much of a fan of Steven Universe, but I was sick while it was running and wanted to finish it.

Season 3 started to slide though, so I stopped trying to finish it.

What I really want to watch are Stardust Crusaders and Black Clover, but I'm busy doing stuff all the time during the window of time where I could watch them.
Playing something new could be just what you need!