Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 204232 times)

Akaramu

Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #3125 on: June 04, 2018, 05:01:42 PM »
The best Horror movie I've seen in a long time. Seriously, watch this. And the ending  :o

Molten Heart

« Reply #3126 on: June 05, 2018, 09:04:06 PM »
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 03:26:06 AM by Molten Heart »

Harmless

« Reply #3127 on: June 06, 2018, 03:55:08 PM »
I've been watching the Expanse. Gotta say, it's good overall, quite good in fact, would advise to anyone wanting to get into it (it's on Amazon Prime as far as I know) to give it a few consecutive episodes to get settled because it needs a lot of setting-building initially.

And...well, I really have a soft spot for the character Amos. If you watch it long enough you will really come to appreciate him. I -really-, really wonder if the writers play Armageddon after seeing Amos in action.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Fathi

« Reply #3128 on: June 07, 2018, 02:22:17 AM »
The best Horror movie Ive seen in a long time. Seriously, watch this. And the ending  :o

Gonna check this one out, as well as Hodejegerne aka Headhunters.

Did you ever see It Follows, Akaramu? A lot of my pals who liked Raw said it had a similar vibe, and its a favourite of mine. I am unashamed to say that I actually yelled in terror during the trailer of that one though, so be warned.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Akaramu

« Reply #3129 on: June 07, 2018, 06:01:32 PM »
Did you ever see It Follows, Akaramu? A lot of my pals who liked Raw said it had a similar vibe, and its a favourite of mine. I am unashamed to say that I actually yelled in terror during the trailer of that one though, so be warned.

I did! I liked It Follows as well, mainly because it was different. I like horror movies (movies in general) that are different and don't follow the same old done to death tropes. You should also watch Get Out if you haven't already. It's also quite unique and really well made.  8) I'd link the trailer but it's a bit spoilery... Get Out is most enjoyable if you don't know anything about it.

Cind

« Reply #3130 on: June 09, 2018, 01:53:44 AM »
Get Out was really good, I recommend it too.
Look, a petting tregil.  So silky...Feel him.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #3131 on: June 13, 2018, 04:17:32 PM »
Solo - Better than lousy ticket sales would suggest.  I enjoyed it and Donald Glover really nailed Lando.

Deadpool 2 - Just as funny as Deadpool 1, though I saw it in a sparse theater and missed the audience energy.

Hotel Artemis - Wonderful indy film with a high powered cast.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #3132 on: June 14, 2018, 01:10:35 PM »
NASA live streaming a spacewalk. For like 2 hours strait now.

https://www.twitch.tv/nasa

Riev

« Reply #3133 on: June 25, 2018, 04:41:55 PM »
Trying to catch up on Glow for the 2nd season this week. What a great show!
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Molten Heart

« Reply #3134 on: July 08, 2018, 08:20:33 PM »
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 03:22:49 AM by Molten Heart »

Marauder Moe

« Reply #3135 on: July 09, 2018, 02:22:19 PM »
Britannia [Amazon Prime Video] is a weird but solid period piece of the second Roman invasion of the Britain.

Humans [BBC, AMC] robot/AI drama, a good show which has been really great this season.

Luke Cage [Netflix] season 2 was even better than season 1.

TAU [Netflix] a predictable AI-themed scifi movie but with pretty visuals and an equally pretty lead actress.

Riev

« Reply #3136 on: July 09, 2018, 04:21:21 PM »
Finished GLOW, was not disappointed.

Finished The Expanse this weekend. Felt very tropey and a perfect fit for a SyFy show, but decent nonetheless.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Akaramu

« Reply #3137 on: July 15, 2018, 11:05:52 AM »
The Handmaid's Tale season 2.

The music, the atmosphere, the acting... it's as engrossing as season 2, and just as disturbing. Plus you get to know more about some of the characters who weren't featured as prominently in season 1.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #3138 on: July 15, 2018, 04:09:43 PM »
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.  Its great. Better than the original and im only 30 eps in.

Now that The Expanse is over until next season im craving good live action but not much is grabbing me.

Westworld season 2 ended much stronger than it started but still disapointed.

The 100 is still amazing.

Molten Heart

« Reply #3139 on: July 15, 2018, 06:08:39 PM »
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 03:22:44 AM by Molten Heart »

Akaramu

« Reply #3140 on: July 17, 2018, 02:16:49 PM »
The Handmaid's Tale season 2.

The music, the atmosphere, the acting... it's as engrossing as season 2, and just as disturbing. Plus you get to know more about some of the characters who weren't featured as prominently in season 1.

Okay, so, I finished the season and... well, I didn't see that coming. Or THAT. Or the way the season ended.  :o

Is it weird that I kind of like Serena Waterford? Somewhere deep inside she's actually a really decent person, and the show does a great job at portraying her as human, with understandable motivations and struggles of her own.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 02:18:28 PM by Akaramu »

Seeker

« Reply #3141 on: July 23, 2018, 06:59:34 PM »
Trying to catch up on Glow for the 2nd season this week. What a great show!

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this show.
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #3142 on: July 29, 2018, 08:12:14 PM »
I Kill Giants.

What a weird movie.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

boog

« Reply #3143 on: July 29, 2018, 09:17:09 PM »
Dragon Ball Super -- finally -- and White Gold on Netflix.

I love British humor and comedy, and White Gold has me in stitches rather frequently.

I just finished Kimmy Schmidt, and I loved it. Spoiler?: Mikey and Titus need to get tf back together, dammit.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

boog

« Reply #3144 on: August 14, 2018, 09:58:49 AM »
Song of the Sea

It's a great movie for kids, and I kinda like it, too. The illustrations are magnifique!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

Sayyadina

« Reply #3145 on: August 14, 2018, 10:42:02 AM »
Song of the Sea

It's a great movie for kids, and I kinda like it, too. The illustrations are magnifique!

And the music is fantastic. I'm a big fan of the movie but be aware, it's a kinda melancholy movie. Not depressing like Requiem for a Dream or anything just... melancholy.
No more should you doubt this, my prince my sisters and I shall not wait ten-and-seven years for our vengeance.

--Lady Nymeria Sand, A Feast for Crows

boog

« Reply #3146 on: August 15, 2018, 11:59:41 AM »
Song of the Sea

And the music is fantastic. I'm a big fan of the movie but be aware, it's a kinda melancholy movie. Not depressing like Requiem for a Dream or anything just... melancholy.

I love it. Bear loves it, too. And you know what? It made him put his head in the water (he never likes to with his sensory issues) and he asked for books about Mac Lir and Macha. So, I'm okay with a bit of melancholy if it suggests to his brain that he should try new things and learn new things.

I do cry every time I watch it though, LOL. I'm such a sap!

We were vocalizing the Gaelic on the way home from the used book store. He tells me I'm singing it wrong. I didn't know he was fluent in Gaelic, the little shit. 8)
There is only one boog.

Cind

« Reply #3147 on: August 19, 2018, 05:37:50 AM »
I've been into Japanese live-action movies lately, for their quiet, nature-y vibe, although I've only watched the one.

Its called Our Little Sister, and it was pretty good. I'm used to western stuff so I was waiting for something bad to happen, like a kidnapping, but nothing really does--- people live their lives, pick up the pieces from broken childhoods, pickle plums, get sick, go on bike rides through cherry blossoms. That's all it was and it was beautiful, although if you're addicted to explosions and guns you probably will be having withdrawal way before its over.
Look, a petting tregil.  So silky...Feel him.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #3148 on: August 23, 2018, 08:43:35 PM »

This is a damn good movie. It's got a good story. Good action scenes with a unique take I've not seen done before. Good direction. Good music. And it's got my boy Logan Marshal-Green who is a damn good actor.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #3149 on: September 01, 2018, 03:08:35 PM »
Disenchantment on Netflix. It's fantastic.
Will they tell your story in the end?
Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?