Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 206293 times)

Akaramu

Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #3100 on: April 15, 2018, 07:48:32 AM »
The Terror. It's great. I'm on episode 8 out of 10. It's a dreary, cold, atmospheric show about two ships on the search for the Northwest Passage in 1850. Lots of people die, and there's a weird mystery horror aspect to the show.

Great acting, great sets.

Cool, I'll have to check this out!

Akaramu

« Reply #3101 on: April 15, 2018, 03:30:40 PM »
And to illustrate what I said about Dark above...

Calavera

• Storyteller
« Reply #3102 on: April 15, 2018, 07:41:43 PM »
The Terror. It's great. I'm on episode 8 out of 10. It's a dreary, cold, atmospheric show about two ships on the search for the Northwest Passage in 1850. Lots of people die, and there's a weird mystery horror aspect to the show.

Great acting, great sets.

I'm not quite caught up but this show is excellent. Plus it reunites Caesar and Brutus from Rome! I think I am starting to prefer this version to the book. The book was excellent but it suffered from Dan Simmons being incapable of writing likeable characters. I kept wanting everyone on the ship to die. They made Hickey and some of the others far more likeable in the show, haha.
Calavera,

Your Shoot Me In The Head request has been resolved. We do not have sufficient ammunition to process your request at this time.

Italis
Armageddon Staff

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #3103 on: April 15, 2018, 08:12:56 PM »
I finished it last night and it ends VERY strongly. Hickey was great, especially towards the end. Captain Crozier though man. What a fucking awesome dude. When I die I want that man to soothe me as I fade into the darkness. I love that him and Fitzjames started to bond more and more towards the last few episodes.

What's also great is I get to keep seeing him act, as Anderson Dawes on The Expanse.

Speaking of, The Expanse is back! WOOOO!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 08:18:07 PM by RogueGunslinger »

chrisdcoulombe

« Reply #3104 on: April 16, 2018, 07:24:04 AM »
I just watched Lost in Space on netflix. 
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #3105 on: April 16, 2018, 07:32:21 AM »
That show is very boring and poorly written, I couldn't make it past the first episode. It looks pretty though, and it's got my boy Toby Stephens. I'm disappointed.

Calavera

• Storyteller
« Reply #3106 on: April 21, 2018, 08:45:05 PM »
I finished it last night and it ends VERY strongly. Hickey was great, especially towards the end. Captain Crozier though man. What a fucking awesome dude. When I die I want that man to soothe me as I fade into the darkness. I love that him and Fitzjames started to bond more and more towards the last few episodes.

What's also great is I get to keep seeing him act, as Anderson Dawes on The Expanse.

Speaking of, The Expanse is back! WOOOO!

Finished The Terror. Very strong denouement. I enjoyed how gory it got. Crozier and Goodsir and Fitzjames and Hickey were all fantastic toward the end. I think Blankey ended up my fav.

I am very annoyed that Starz cancelled Ash vs Evil Dead today.
Calavera,

Your Shoot Me In The Head request has been resolved. We do not have sufficient ammunition to process your request at this time.

Italis
Armageddon Staff

chrisdcoulombe

« Reply #3107 on: April 22, 2018, 02:08:03 AM »
That show is very boring and poorly written, I couldn't make it past the first episode. It looks pretty though, and it's got my boy Toby Stephens. I'm disappointed.
  I liked it.
Quote from MeTekillot

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #3108 on: April 22, 2018, 07:44:06 AM »
You liking it makes me want to give it another shot.

chrisdcoulombe

« Reply #3109 on: April 22, 2018, 11:55:38 AM »
You liking it makes me want to give it another shot.

Yeah its not perfect and they tend to get into trouble doing mundane things pretty often.  I like corny sci-fi stuff so I might be bias.
Quote from MeTekillot

cshoov

« Reply #3110 on: April 27, 2018, 12:36:36 AM »
I made it halfway through the first episode of Netflix's remake of Lost in Space last night. Hard pass.

Hauwke

« Reply #3111 on: April 30, 2018, 07:09:28 AM »
I finished watching a Letsplay of God of War 4. Gotta say, phenomenal story telling. Absolutely fantastic in the way it hid things in plain sight. I wont spoil it, but OHNYGOD they will probably make another, I just hope its as good.

Bogre

« Reply #3112 on: May 02, 2018, 08:13:14 AM »
Rewatched Season 1 of the Expanse, now onto Season 2 and 3 in a binge.

It's -really- good sci-fi. It's like someone wanted to mix Firefly and AtonementRPI.

Also, Westworld, obviously.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Akaramu

« Reply #3113 on: May 02, 2018, 08:38:36 AM »

It's -really- good sci-fi. It's like someone wanted to mix Firefly and AtonementRPI.

I love the Expanse, but I don't see any similarities to Firefly apart from 'Sci Fi'. What did you think was similar about the two shows?

Marauder Moe

« Reply #3114 on: May 02, 2018, 04:11:25 PM »
Lost in Space [Netflix]
Good production values.  Decent actors.  Solid main plotline.

TERRIBLE BAD NO GOOD SCIENCE.  Terrible sub-plots.  Characters doing tremendously stupid things.  Characters lying to each other for no good reason.  Dastardly villain doing whatever she can to oppose the protagonists even though EVERYONE WANTS THE SAME THING!  (To get off the planet.)

Fear the Walking Dead
I got so bored I didn't even watch the second half of last season.  First few episodes of this season have been really good, though.  Possibly it's because all the new characters (Morgan, John, Al) are all fantastic.

Riev

« Reply #3115 on: May 02, 2018, 04:24:36 PM »
I need more The Tick.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Fathi

« Reply #3116 on: May 04, 2018, 05:34:05 AM »
Wow wow wow. I have totally fallen in love with Counterpart on Starz. NOBODY is talking about this show, and that's a damn shame. The premise is so clever and carried out beautifully. The soundtrack is great. J.K. Simmons stars as two separate main characters and handles them both so well.

I'm relieved to know it's already had a second season ordered because the COMPLETE LACK OF HYPE made me worried it was going to get cancelled. :(
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Bogre

« Reply #3117 on: May 07, 2018, 10:09:24 AM »

I love the Expanse, but I don't see any similarities to Firefly apart from 'Sci Fi'. What did you think was similar about the two shows?

Mostly in the crew similarities and dynamics - (Alex/Wash as good-natured but goofy pilots, Holden/Mal as the principled but pragmatic captain, Naomi/Zoe as the sensible no nonsense first officer, and Amos/Jayne as the muscle).

The Expanse is much darker, though, and much closer to hard sci-fi.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Sorry

« Reply #3118 on: May 15, 2018, 01:27:40 AM »

"And in her long nights, in her long house of smoke and millerís stones, she baked the bread we eat in dreams, strangest loaves, her pies full of anguish and days long dead, her fairy-haunted gingerbread, her cakes wet with tears."

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #3119 on: May 15, 2018, 02:47:27 AM »
I've been watching The Expanse, Westworld, The Terror, Lost in Space, and most recently, Into the Badlands - Which is like an awesome american-version of those asian "Enter the Dragon" esque fight sequences.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Molten Heart

« Reply #3120 on: May 15, 2018, 03:48:47 AM »
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 03:27:09 AM by Molten Heart »

Gypsy

« Reply #3121 on: May 23, 2018, 01:28:23 AM »
On Netflix. It did not disappoint.

cshoov

« Reply #3122 on: May 23, 2018, 08:33:25 AM »
On Netflix. It did not disappoint.

Ooh, I wanna see that! I saw the short film and it was p good.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #3123 on: May 28, 2018, 12:52:17 AM »
The Little Hours. Basically we giggled for an hour straight.
Will they tell your story in the end?
Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

Hauwke

« Reply #3124 on: May 28, 2018, 01:02:14 AM »
I watched the first season of the web series Cobra Kai. It's about the "bad guy" (Johnny) from the 80's movie "the Karate Kid" and how he's sort of down on his luck and decides to reopen the Cobra Kai karate dojo. He eventually has to deal with the "good guy" from the original movie (Danial Laruso) who's now a successful car dealer in the area. Johnny is still kind of a bully/prick but due to the somewhat "real" feel of the show, he makes an interesting protagonist. He's forced to take on less than desirable students, these are basically all the kids in school who are being bullied in school and tries to mold them into jerks like himself. It's on the subscription service YouTube Red but the first couple of episodes are free.

I thought it was a really good look into Johnny, I watched iit in one sitting.