Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 169078 times)

tortall

Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #3050 on: December 26, 2017, 11:50:49 PM »
I personally would remove everything except for The Expanse and Future Man from that list...

Then add The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel right at the top.

OMG YES! I remember watching the first episode when Amazon was doing it's testing. Was thrilled to get to see more.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #3051 on: December 27, 2017, 03:22:39 AM »
I'm only half way through it and already know it's one of the best new shows this year. I'm a big Tony Schaloub fan. He's hilarious. I only have 4 episodes left and I've been trying to savor them.

I watched a lot of movies recently.

Lady Bird. Which was so not my kind of movie. Way overhyped. Probably right but the alley for any women who were teens in the early 2000's.

I, Tonya. Which was good and fun. I had no idea how this event happened in real life and was fairly surprising if it sticks to the truth at all. My memories of people talking about it seemed very negative towards Tonya, where as the movie isn't so much.

Last Flag Flying. Which definitely made my eyes water. It's a little heavy handed, but a very solid movie. Bryan Cranston, Steve Carell, Laurence Fishbourn as the leads. Can't go wrong with that.

And finally re-watched Blade Runner 2049. Solidified it as my favorite movie this year. It's just a really fucking great movie, and I'm not at all a fanboy the original. Seriously if you have Amazon Direct then watch that shit.

Now I'm about to watch one of my most anticipated: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri. I hope it lives up to the hype around it like I wish Lady Bird had.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 03:44:01 AM by RogueGunslinger »

flurry

« Reply #3052 on: December 27, 2017, 12:19:10 PM »
Agree about The Marvelous Mrs Maisel. I finished it. Really good. Rachel Brosnahan is amazing in it, and I never would have thought she could play that kind of role after her (also great but not comedic) role in House of Cards.  Also, yes, Tony Schaloub's performance is so good. 
Be the change you want to see in Zalanthas.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #3053 on: December 29, 2017, 06:04:39 AM »
Black Mirror season 4 is out now. Woo!

Akaramu

• Anathema Web Serial
« Reply #3054 on: December 29, 2017, 07:36:48 AM »
Black Mirror season 4 is out now. Woo!

YESSSSS

Marauder Moe

« Reply #3055 on: December 29, 2017, 01:18:57 PM »
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - pretty, great intro sequences, but the story didn't make any damned sense and Valerian himself is pretty unlikeable.

Bright - Awesome world-building.  Left me drooling for more.  Will Smith was the  weakest part of the movie, but mainly because it's the sort of roll he's so well practiced in he could do it in his sleep.

Also working my way through The Punisher and Mr. Robot season 3.  Enjoying both shows.

Molten Heart

« Reply #3056 on: December 29, 2017, 02:26:24 PM »
I got a hold of the pilot episode for Counterpart. It's looking pretty good. It's about a parallel world, but what makes it good is that there's some cloak and dagger action. I can't wait until the other episodes air in January.

Cind

« Reply #3057 on: January 10, 2018, 03:35:52 AM »
Been wanting to watch Regular Show lately.
Look, a petting tregil.  So silky...Feel him.

Hauwke

« Reply #3058 on: January 10, 2018, 04:38:26 AM »
That show is pretty good.

Been watching the heck out of South Park, started from season 1 a few weeks back and am currently up to the first few eps in season 4. Been quite alright so far, and considering I never actually saw an episode before this, it is far and away from what I thought it was.

perfecto

« Reply #3059 on: January 10, 2018, 05:35:43 AM »
That show is pretty good.

Been watching the heck out of South Park, started from season 1 a few weeks back and am currently up to the first few eps in season 4. Been quite alright so far, and considering I never actually saw an episode before this, it is far and away from what I thought it was.

You thought Canadian television was subpar before... well buddy, friend, guy.. You ain't seen nothin' yet.  ;)  There's always a message!
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Hauwke

« Reply #3060 on: January 10, 2018, 06:58:03 AM »
Its pretty cool how they turned just about every episode into a lesson in some small way. Its quite genius.

flurry

« Reply #3061 on: January 11, 2018, 08:33:26 PM »
New campaign of Critical Role begins in 90 minutes. I'm so excited to be able to watch from the start and get to know new characters, rather than try to get caught up on the previous campaign.
Be the change you want to see in Zalanthas.

Strongheart

« Reply #3062 on: January 11, 2018, 10:32:25 PM »

This happens to be a revamp of one my most favorite Anime shows, and I am loving it thus far!
Die gedanken sind frei.

Akaramu

• Anathema Web Serial
« Reply #3063 on: January 12, 2018, 07:38:42 AM »
Black Mirror season 4 is awesome.

manipura

« Reply #3064 on: January 12, 2018, 11:37:18 AM »
I feel like season four started and ended strongly but as a whole I felt it was mediocre compared to previous seasons.  The first episode was fantastic and the last one came in a close second for me.  The middle episodes...I donít know.  To me they had the feel of trying too hard and it didnít have the same feeling of possibility as the previous seasons.
The one exception would maybe be Arkangel, but my issue with that was that the daughter and mother both seemed very hollow in their performances. 
Maybe that was the point? 
Given the entire theme of the episode? 
Whether it was the point or not, it felt hard to care for either of them because of how hollow they seemed.

I thought the first episode was top notch, Jesse Plemons (aka Meth Damon) was great and throughout the whole thing I felt like anyone who plays Arm could absolutely appreciate the story. 

I read several articles stating that the last episode was Ďclearly the weakest in the seasoní but I just donít see that, I thought it was really well done and I liked how everything came together to make sense at the end, even though it seemed fairly unrelated during the episode.

Akaramu

• Anathema Web Serial
« Reply #3065 on: January 12, 2018, 12:20:16 PM »
I feel like season four started and ended strongly but as a whole I felt it was mediocre compared to previous seasons.  The first episode was fantastic and the last one came in a close second for me.  The middle episodes...I donít know.  To me they had the feel of trying too hard and it didnít have the same feeling of possibility as the previous seasons.

Dang, I've only watched the first two episodes so far. Now I'm a little discouraged  :-\

Really liked Arkangel though, I do believe the hollow performances were the point.

Cind

« Reply #3066 on: January 16, 2018, 03:21:34 AM »
Its pretty cool how they turned just about every episode into a lesson in some small way. Its quite genius.

Watch the 90's Batman series. Its an intelligent, well-crafted show.
Look, a petting tregil.  So silky...Feel him.

Molten Heart

« Reply #3067 on: January 16, 2018, 11:35:01 AM »
The new Jumanji movie was pretty funny. Jack Black is hilarious!