Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 158443 times)

Molten Heart

Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #3025 on: September 22, 2017, 11:14:36 AM »
Season one of the Good Place always kept me guessing with its plot twists and always kept me laughing. I watched the season 2 opener last night and it's continuing to keep up with expectations. It's a winner so far. With the way they make such dramatic changes all the time I'm concerned they'll screw things up by going too far but so far so good.

If you haven't watched season one, watch that first due to major spoilers. Season one is great.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:17:08 AM by Molten Heart »

Hauwke

« Reply #3026 on: September 22, 2017, 10:26:40 PM »
Starwars, the prequal trilogy. Sitting down to fully watch and enjoy them undistracted for the first time.

Good god is Jar-Jar racist.

Veselka

« Reply #3027 on: September 23, 2017, 01:34:02 AM »
Starwars, the prequal trilogy. Sitting down to fully watch and enjoy them undistracted for the first time.

Good god is Jar-Jar racist.

Not to mention the Trade Federation peeps.

Hauwke

« Reply #3028 on: September 23, 2017, 02:38:59 AM »
Those too, I gothe very distinct feeling they were modelled after some specific enthic people.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #3029 on: September 23, 2017, 03:50:33 AM »

I've been really enjoying Last Kingdom since season 2 picked up, though I admit it's best to start with season 1 even though its acting and writing were rough and unpolished then. It's on Netflix.
Just binge-watched season 1 today.

Starting on season 2 now.

Great stuff.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #3030 on: October 06, 2017, 10:38:42 PM »
Blade Runner 2 was amazing. But I was tired while watching and it really dampened the impact. Def going to go see again.

evilcabbage

« Reply #3031 on: October 07, 2017, 02:22:17 PM »
i'm watching my favorite copyright attorney.

I could give a shit about wholesome.

Veselka

« Reply #3032 on: October 07, 2017, 03:42:27 PM »
Blade Runner 2 was amazing. But I was tired while watching and it really dampened the impact. Def going to go see again.

Far exceeded my expectations. I think it's easily Ridley Scott's best work (as a Producer). The direction of Denis Villeneuve was fantastic as well. Art direction, fantastic. Effects, fantastic. Acting was superb, it was easily Harrison Ford's best performance -- he portrayed a range of emotion that he's typically not asked to portray, and it was not a one-note Fordism.

The biggest glitch to me was the music. Hans Zimmer's loud-as-fuck machine whirrs and deep bass swells sort of distracted me, and while they definitely set the tone and the mood, it wasn't nearly as subtle or ground-breaking as Vangelis' soundtrack was for the original. I think they could have splurged to find someone with a more subtle palette than the Zimmer Crew.

There was so much to unpack in the movie, I will definitely need to see it a few times to absorb it properly.

Dahlia

« Reply #3033 on: October 08, 2017, 02:28:35 AM »

And no.  Not the crappy American remake.
"I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me."

James de Monet

« Reply #3034 on: October 08, 2017, 03:11:58 AM »
Blade Runner was so crazy good.  Immersive and mesmerizing on such an epic scale.  When it finished, I just sat there, wondering to myself if that was the best movie I had ever seen.

I would definitely rewatch the original before going if you havenít seen it in years.  I really wanna see the new one in 3D now.

I didnít mind the soundtrack at all.  Loud, yes, but...it fits.
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Hauwke

« Reply #3035 on: October 08, 2017, 04:57:43 AM »
I havent seen either of them, im going to at some point.