Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 166305 times)

Melkor

Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #2975 on: May 30, 2017, 01:14:36 PM »
ehh, everyone I have ever known who practiced martial arts extensively, regardless of past trauma/demons/psychological issues finds emotional and psychological balance and discipline through the art.
That may be why I found Rand so unlikable.

edited to add: maybe not everyone. I knew several BJJ douchebags at American Top Team.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:16:19 PM by Melkor »
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Molten Heart

« Reply #2976 on: May 30, 2017, 01:57:25 PM »
I've been watching American Gods on Stars. It's got a compelling story involving the conflict between the new and the old gods and the seemingly normal people caught in the middle. It's so good I watch despite the sometimes overly graphic parts (so glad for fast forward).

manipura

« Reply #2977 on: May 30, 2017, 02:47:03 PM »
Is anyone watching Iron Fist yet?

I've been enjoying it so far!

Not sure what to think of Danny Rand as of yet, though.

So far I rate the show as at least watchable.  Danny Rand strikes me as someone who's social development ceased when he was 12.

Danny Rand strikes me as someone who showed up to a fight training class, collected a purple participant's ribbon then patted himself on the back and said "Good enough!"

flurry

« Reply #2978 on: June 02, 2017, 12:30:09 PM »
Anyone else watching Fargo, season 3? It's a little bit of a let down from the first two seasons, but those were so good, that it's still one of the best shows on tv, in my opinion.
Be the change you want to see in Zalanthas.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #2979 on: June 03, 2017, 06:13:50 AM »
It was a snoozefest up until the most recent episode. Still good Tv.

Akaramu

• Anathema Web Serial
« Reply #2980 on: June 10, 2017, 04:29:52 PM »
Attack on Titan season 2. SO GOOD

Mikasa is such a badass gurl!

Cind

« Reply #2981 on: June 11, 2017, 12:20:59 AM »
I finished Dragonball Z (not kai, I like the molasses pace and the extra slice-of-life bits of the original) season 6, and am watching Casshern Sins. Talk about a messy plot, but I enjoy the vibe and setting of the show, and its an eye treat.

I wish I could watch a show called Love and Honor. Its set in feudal japan where a samurai is poisoned and survives, but becomes blind. The acting in the commercial was really good.
Look, a petting tregil.  So silky...Feel him.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #2982 on: June 11, 2017, 05:12:14 AM »
Justice League Unlimited.

All of it.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #2983 on: June 11, 2017, 04:36:38 PM »

Is there somewhere better than crunchyroll where I can watch this?

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #2984 on: June 11, 2017, 05:14:15 PM »
YoucouldalwaystryNewepisodes dot me ifyouknowwhatimeanfam.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #2985 on: June 11, 2017, 05:17:30 PM »
Though im not sure if you meant better quality. Which you kight need to look elsewhere for.

Molten Heart

« Reply #2986 on: June 11, 2017, 06:25:09 PM »

If you've got a cable TV subscription, they stream them on AdultSwim.com If you don't have a subscription, they seem to unlock some of the episodes over time. If you're looking to stream them for yourself, PM me and maybe I can do more to help.

Akaramu

• Anathema Web Serial
« Reply #2987 on: June 12, 2017, 05:47:36 PM »

I haven't tried Crunchyroll, to be honest. I just streamed it on some site (which I accidentally closed and now can't remember) which had English dubbed episodes up until episode 6. New dubbed episodes are released periodically.

For US viewers, I think it's also available on Funimation, but I don't know if that one's free. https://www.funimation.com/shows/attack-on-titan/

boog

« Reply #2988 on: June 13, 2017, 09:16:47 PM »
OitNB in my PJs cos why not?
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Knight of Knives

« Reply #2989 on: July 09, 2017, 08:37:20 AM »
Jeff Vandemeer's creepy Southern Reach trilogy getting made into a movie!!!

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/07/alex-garland-annihilation-photos-tessa-thompson-rob-hardy-1201703636/
"Everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

"Do not become addicted to water, it will take hold of you and you will resent its absence."

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #2990 on: July 09, 2017, 09:28:51 PM »
I enjoyed the first book, but just could not get past a couple chapters into the second one. Also the end of the first is a little disappointing. I wanted more answers, which I bet the next books give, but I just never could keep going. Maybe once I finish the Expanse(on the last book) I'll start it up again.

Cind

« Reply #2991 on: July 14, 2017, 02:29:37 AM »
I'm on episode 10 or somewhere close of Dragonball. Like some series, they don't know what they're doing in the first episode, but after that it flows quite nicely.

Dragonball Z is still better in my mind but this series is a fun, relaxing thing, and its got a few moments like with casual nudity that westerners might find weird. Its a bit faster than Dragonball Z at the moment, although the latter is the slowest thing I've ever seen. Surprisingly, most of the characters that end up as mainstays in the second series are at least somewhat unscrupulous. The only one that isn't is Chichi, and she almost kills a guy by accident. I think the storytelling is excellent; the execution of it is okay, it is fairly good.

Akaramu

• Anathema Web Serial
« Reply #2992 on: July 14, 2017, 01:55:34 PM »
I tried watching the new season of Better Call Saul, but... it's been so long since season 2 that I don't really know what's going on anymore. The loooong sequences where Mike is doing stuff alone, without any dialogue or thought process to explain what's going on, aren't helping either.

Sucks because I loved the first two seasons.

Cind

« Reply #2993 on: July 17, 2017, 02:05:46 AM »
Dragonball Z is still better in my mind but this series is a fun, relaxing thing, and its got a few moments like with casual nudity that westerners might find weird.

The weirdness kind of cumulated in the lingerie uniform scene. There is no way in all seven hells a show today would do that if they weren't trying hard to be weird.

Its episode sixteen now or something close, and the show has become as good as its successor. It has! I was surprised. Good for me, too, because I plan to watch the whole thing.

Master Roshi: "Take a good look at this stone. Have you memorized it?"
Krillin: "I think so."
Goku: "Are you going to eat it?"
Master Roshi (exasperated): "What? No, Goku!"
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 02:07:46 AM by Cind »

Cind

« Reply #2994 on: July 25, 2017, 06:57:23 AM »
Hacksaw Ridge is a beauty in terms of soul. The first 30-50 mins is a chick flick if you don't like that sort of thing, but after that it is definitely worth watching at least once.

Molten Heart

« Reply #2995 on: August 04, 2017, 03:41:52 PM »
I've gotten up to the second season of Poldark. It's getting more interesting. Less sad about how Ross has all these hardships and more how he's a bad ass in spite of them. Even though it's more of a romance and I think meant to cater to women, I still like it.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 03:47:23 PM by Molten Heart »

Molten Heart

« Reply #2996 on: August 08, 2017, 08:26:04 PM »
I went to see the Dark Tower movie. I haven't read the books for years but the setting was very similiar with (I think a new character, the kid.) Idris Elba played a very believable (and likable) gunslinger.  Matthew McConaughey played a great Man in Black, subtle, evil and creepy.

It was a good movie for good vs. evil. It reminded me somewhat of the Schwarzenegger film Last Action Hero. Nothing spectacular, but fairly good. I'd give it a C+.

Hauwke

« Reply #2997 on: August 08, 2017, 10:33:29 PM »
Lucky bastard. I read all the Dark Tower books so many times.

Also I am currently watching Rugrats. Bubs is of that age where she likes tv and Rugrats is long enough where it keeps her attention but not so long its boring for her, good god the writers for this show had something very wrong with them.

Hauwke

« Reply #2998 on: August 14, 2017, 03:51:22 AM »
The friggen Rugrats. All day erry day.

Kid loves it and throws tantrums if she sees the cover in the bookshelf.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #2999 on: August 24, 2017, 05:04:09 AM »

A man (Gong Yoo), his estranged daughter and other passengers become trapped on a speeding train during a zombie outbreak in South Korea.

First Zombie movie released in South Korea and it was really good. Hits you, right in the Dad-feels.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.