Server. Gone down?

Started by , July 10, 2003, 04:15:23 AM

What is up with the server going down every other night?

Working on it?
Fixing it?
Loose wire?

I'm not bitter, I'm just curious.
And, I mean, Rp keeps getting interrupted.
I'm not mad.
I'm not upset.
I mean, you guys do a lot,
and I don't have to pay.

I'm just... left hanging.
And getting back to RP after...
Well.
To be honest.
Never happens.

FTB's are okay. But usually when they're worked out, instead of dropped on.

[EDIT] And then, I mean, Lost two kanks. A pack full of stuff. Luckily I was in a tent, otherwise... well.
What if were out hunting and... well. It goes down and I can't wait around for it to come back up. And next time I log in, Oops. I'm dead?
I love 'geddon. It's a lot of fun.
The RP is good for the most part.
I enjoy it.
I'm not making fun.
I'm not poking at it.
Don't get me wrong.

It's back up :D

[EDIT]And it's back down  :roll:

But I didn't answer your question.

The mud has actually been crashing down due to COMPLETELY unrelated problems each time (AFAIK). Bit of a bad co-incidence really

This seems to happen most commonly during the wee hours of the morning, when there's hardly anyone around.   :(
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

The recent weird semi-regular downtimes which have caused both the game to go down and the ginka-based web pages to go down are due to something screwy with our power supply, possibly the UPS being horked (which usually PREVENTS us from going down due to a brief power outage/surge).  So in short, the entire ginka machine is flicking off and back on again, and not all of the processes (like the game itself) return with the automatic reboot.

Saikun is looking into this, but we don't have a timeframe for complete resolution.

Note:  SOME of the time the game is down is still due to a crash, e.g. about half a day ago there was a crash on what looked like 'scribble' despite some of the fixes, but then the entire machine went down for presumably the above power-related reason.  If it's a simple game crash, the game will automatically reboot in roughly 10 minutes.

-Savak
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]

And now for some reason, I just feel better about it.

Thanks for the info.
Sorry to be a bother. :)

Luck!

Did I do the right thing by emailing the mud account about the stuff I lost due to the crash?
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Yes definately, Unless you emailed them for that steel Katana you never had.  :o
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.