The quality of roleplay on Armageddon

Started by Bishop, May 18, 2010, 10:17:04 PM

May 18, 2010, 10:17:04 PM Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 10:23:29 PM by Niamh
So lately I've been trying to get interested again, making periodic attempts every month or two. I could never really get back into it, though, and I felt more and more that the quality of roleplay on Armageddon has been going downhill. As the positive spirit that I am, however, I gave it the benefit of the doubt and made one more attempt. Unfortunately, my obviously new character was soon the target of THIS:

{IC stuff edited by Niamh}

Oh, I realize full well that this post will be deleted as soon as a moderator sees it. I don't care, both because I'll never make another attempt at this game and because I'm sure some will see it before it gets removed. Oh, and something like the above has happened numerous times, this one was just the most blatant show of OOC pkilling on the thinnest possible pretense of roleplay. The part where I respond in the middle of combat? Yeah, that was because I had already been backstabbed and nearly killed by the time I had typed it out. They did draw;backstab immediately after their last words.

I'm sure twelve veterans from 2001 will soon jump in and proclaim how this is just a fluke, how they're seeing nothing but top dollar bona-fide quality roleplay, and bla bla bla. Well, that's another problem with ArmageddonMUD: wallowing in stubbornness and a complete unwillingness to ever acknowledge problems. One can only hope that the roleplay will improve in Reborn.... haha.

May 18, 2010, 10:26:48 PM #1 Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 10:29:39 PM by Niamh
I edited out the IC part of this post.

It's also worth mentioning that the Labyrinth is one of the harshest areas in the game, and much more difficult to survive in than a lot of places.  Newer players are typically discouraged from bringing their PCs there until they get a better feel for the game world and how to survive.  I would suggest giving the game another try, and instead of going into the dreaded Labyrinth, create a PC in either Tuluk or Allanak, and go from there.  Keep in mind that lawless areas such as the Labyrinth and the wilderness make you fair game for predators of all sorts, where in the cities, you are much more likely to be protected by the laws there.

I would also recommend getting in touch with one or more Helpers, as they have a great deal of experience under their belts, and can offer great advice on survival, as well as answer any questions that you have.
Eastman: he came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing Rando!