Author Topic: The three foot waif who weighs three hundred pounds..  (Read 2022 times)

The three foot waif who weighs three hundred pounds..
« on: October 10, 2002, 12:56:23 AM »
It always gets me when I am playing a dwarf. I see a short human. Me weighing 10 ten-stone. Assess -v human...slightly taller than you, weighs slightly less.

Description..the gaunt waif with slender limbs and a trim body...

Hmm is it me or should the human look more like a short meaty woman with big hips?

John

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2002, 01:09:06 AM »
I ignore weight when it comes to ass -v, I go by their description if possible. I've seen people starving who "weigh the same as you". decimal points needs to be opened up for ass -v or make the weight ranges wider.

EDIT: Or change it to pounds or kilograms.

Callisto

I r teh l33t... err.. yeah, something like that
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2002, 07:54:45 AM »
I think for the most part people ignore the weigh in 'asse -v', or at least I do. The main reason being you get a lot of people who realize they get a coded bonus for max height and weight.

It reminds me of an interesting situation where my Tor Red ran across this PC with the sdesc of 'the tiny, red-haired girl' or something similar and had a description suited to some sort of scrawny hobbit (even by hobbit standereds). When I type asse -v, I get something like 'She is much taller then you, she weights quite a bit more then you' and I had middle of the road height/weight for my human warrior.

It was made better when I asked her if she had been the one attempting to steal from people (as I'd just caught her). The next thing I know, shes BASHING into my fully armored soldier, sending her SPRAWLING. Not once, not twice, but THREE times without fail - without a shield!

The point is, don't take asse -v as IC truth, as some people like to stretch things beyond realistic to gain certain code advantages. Just read a description and judge by that.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2002, 08:31:22 AM »
I'm kind of amazed that a character with that description and that height and weight were let through chargen. Hopefully that doesn't happen too often...

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2002, 11:44:57 AM »
Basically I only use assess -v to figure out weather I should bash or not. And as far as I know, you -can- use decimals for weight, or so I've been told.

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2002, 10:26:44 PM »
I use Ass -v (Oh yeah, I abbreviate it to ass ;->) to get people's relative height, because I just can't trust the description, because the description is not relative to my size, unless I'm your average human.

And I would really hope people aren't defying their descriptions and putting in max height and weight... that's like... just abuse.

Now if they make a character that's described as tall and huge, ok, max out your height and weight, go nuts.