Author Topic: Odd urges.  (Read 96701 times)

Odd urges.
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2003, 02:56:12 PM »
and have his name be Gith! ^_^

Odd urges.
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2003, 05:24:55 PM »
Well that was uncalled for...

*Wraps his hands protectively around his jugular*
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
You find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
A staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Dracul

Odd urges.
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2003, 05:27:41 PM »
I don't think it counts to be under 'odd urges'.
ww.myspace.com/schwabe0

Dan

Odd urges.
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2003, 05:37:17 PM »
Its not so much odd as... regular. I kid, I kid!
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

creeper386

Odd urges.
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2003, 06:25:57 PM »
Yeah. It was even regular BEFORE I came around. But don't try it with me. I have 31i73 @55@55in 5ki115.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Odd urges.
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2003, 07:43:06 PM »
I sometimes get the urge to OOCly trick people into thinking I'm a newb. You know... take a fifteen day warrior, buy some scrab shell armor and an obsidian longsword, wield the longsword, leave coins in my inventory, then walk into the Gaj and just go...

say i need a job.

nod

say i wanna hunt scrab, does anyone wanna come with me?

*When someone agrees*

say i don't have a kank, we can walk

-Tony, the unamusing
emote pintz to hiz his rough  leather bakpakc an sez in his lseep "gte the salt"";

John

Odd urges.
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2003, 06:50:06 PM »
Holy shit!

I had a dream that someone emotes out eating someone elses ears and then said "OOC: don't worry, I just wanted to do that"

Talk about odd urges :shock:
Quote from: RogueGunslinger
On Zalanthas most sweat would evaporate instantly and cool you easier, because there is no humidity. The extra air-flow of a kilt would also keep things dry.

Angela Christine

Odd urges.
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2003, 07:30:50 PM »
Sometimes I go through a patch where a die too often, like 10 characters in under a month.  Trying to figure out a unique appearance (hair, eyes, skin, build) and background ever 2 or 3 days is trying, and I start getting the urge to write odd things in my applications.  I can usually restrain myself from doing anything too odd with my appearance, since that would effect everyone that looked at my character.  But sometimes the stress of writing a unique background cracks my control.  Most of the time I chuckle, erase it, and submit a "normal" one.  

I actually submited this one though:
    It was a dark and stormy night.  Since the night is always dark and often stormy, this was not unusual.  Cries could be heard outside the gates, but they would not be opened until dawn, not for a commoner.  Morning came, the gates were opened, and sure enough there was a small child sitting outside.  The child appeared to be little more than a toddler, barely weaned,  and certainly not worthy of the attention of the soldiers.  So she toddled out of the desert and into the city, and no one asked who she was or where she came from.  She scratched a living from the city, she didn't need much to eat and wasn't worth robbing, so she survived.  Go figure.  

The disturbing thing was not that the character was approved with such an odd background, but the note attatched to the approval, "The background made me laugh."    What kind of cruel bastard would laugh at some poor abandoned orphan?  Big meanie.  ;)

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Plazgoth

Odd urges.
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2003, 09:37:44 PM »
I always get the urge to go into dark areas, where you have no clue what awaits you. It could be a fall to your death or a secret chamber with a steel sword stuck in the rock, but it's really hard to resist that urge to see what's hidden in the darkness.

TripleX

Odd urges.
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2003, 10:12:37 PM »
I can't resist having the 'Got it!' prompt... it's SO good.....  :D

John

Odd urges.
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2003, 10:23:13 PM »
Quote from: "Plazgoth"
I always get the urge to go into dark areas, where you have no clue what awaits you. It could be a fall to your death or a secret chamber with a steel sword stuck in the rock
It's always the pit to your death. Always. :evil:
Quote from: RogueGunslinger
On Zalanthas most sweat would evaporate instantly and cool you easier, because there is no humidity. The extra air-flow of a kilt would also keep things dry.

JollyGreenGiant

Odd urges.
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2003, 11:31:38 PM »
I occasionally get the urge to relentlessly quote the Simpsons in an IC context.

"Take that Lisa's beliefs!"

"Go crazy?"  "Don't mind if I do!"

"Well, that was certainly craptastic."
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Cuusardo

Odd urges.
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2003, 12:02:55 AM »
Quote from: "John"
Quote from: "Plazgoth"
I always get the urge to go into dark areas, where you have no clue what awaits you. It could be a fall to your death or a secret chamber with a steel sword stuck in the rock
It's always the pit to your death. Always. :evil:

Actually I've had occasions where I was wandering around in the dark and fell off a cliff.  Tried to climb, slid and fell down.  Didn't die, but I got banged up like mad.  But it wasn't my fault, I swear!  My torch died!   :lol:
Quote from: Anael
You know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Tlaloc

• Legend
Odd urges.
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2003, 12:56:38 AM »
Just as a warning against odd urges:

Story 1

Once upon a time, I had a PC who was happily exploring the world. Not really realizing what I was doing, I found myself trapped in an ICly Bad(tm) predicament, effectively caught between a rock and a hard-place...or in this case, a very large cliff. Unfortuantely there didn't seem to be any way down...so I went through about every option I could think of.

Basically, after wishing up about it, talking to NPC's (humans, elves, and kanks), trying all the directional commands, and not getting a response, I was stumped. I wracked my brain trying to come up with a solution for my trapped character, running through all the commands I knew existed, and several ones I knew -didn't-. Needless to say, I was really very quickly becomming frustrated...and in frustration, I entered the word 'Jump', knowing it wouldn't work, either.

Alas, I was wrong. My character suddenly saw fit to throw himself off the cliff I was stranded on, killing himself upon the heartless rocks below.

Story 2

Once upon a time, there was a PC who was the proud father of a beautiful newborn baby. He loved his baby more than anything else in the world. One day, out of sheer curiosity, and to the utter amusement of the Staff, the player behind the PC decided to enter in the command 'eat baby', AND IT WORKED.

The moral of the story is:

It might not be a good idea to go randomly typing commands. You never know when one might work.

Love:
Tlaloc
Tlaloc
Legend

Tlaloc's abandoned PC

I'm still alive.
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2003, 04:11:06 AM »
Tlaloc!  I'm still alive!  My legs were broken, but I managed to chew them off.  Why did you abandon me, Tlaloc?!  We were so good together!  The only thing is..... when my head hit the ground, the pressure on my ocular cavities was too much!

:shock:

the traveller

Odd urges.
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2003, 04:14:45 AM »
Every time I pay a visit to a tailor, I must resist the urge to beat the living crap out of him. It all stems from those times past, where the tailor usually quoted one price for a resizing, and then tried to charge you significantly more when you tried to collect your item. So I warned him. 'You try ripping me off once more, and I'll pound you!". Needless to say, he still thought it ok to keep charging a little extra the next time I had something tailored.

...he didn't make it.

Maybe there was no mercy flag back then.

Most tailors don't try ripping me off anymore, but I still need to resist the urge every time I face one.

Gar

Odd urges.
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2003, 08:23:14 AM »
Sometimes I get the urge to kill someone.  I mean like I'm wandering around and see someone in an isolated spot.  Or perhaps even worse, a link-dead character (gasp!).  I only follow through when it makes sense given my current characters persona (damn, I hate when I'm nice).  But, oh the urge is almost unbearable sometimes.  It's not so much the killing, although that's nice.  It's more the looting and finding personal treasures.  Maybe I should try a burglar.
harlie Bucket: Mr. Wonka, they won't really be burned in the furnace, will they?
Willy Wonka: Well, I think that furnace is only lit every other day, so they have a good sporting chance, haven't they?

Rindan

Odd urges.
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2003, 11:29:21 AM »
I once had a fairly powerful warrior.  He was the sort of guy who I would feel safe picking a fight one on one with nearly anyone.  Even if he picked and some how found himself out matched, he was good enough where he could easily get away.  Near the end, there existed a single PC (that I knew of) in the world who I thought had a chance in hell of killing me with a weapon before I killed him or ran.  Hell, my character picked fights with and fought magikers,  half giants, and all manner of things lowly human warriors generally are not supposed to fight.  

Regardless, near the end of his life he ended up working for a very powerful and very ancient PC.  This PC generally never had more then two body guards around.  I knew my guy was pretty buff, and his guard skill was probably good enough to get past most other guards.  I always wondered what would happen if I attack this old crone.  Would I quickly get past his body guards and beat him down within seconds?  Would his body guards turn out to be uber and tear me a new one?  Would he suddenly roar with furry, float a few feet off the ground, and hurl fireballs at my head while laughing malevolently as my weapons bounce harmlessly off his skin?

RideTheDivide

Odd urges.
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2003, 11:34:18 AM »
Lately I've had a terrible urge to walk into bars everywhere and say loudly:  "Barkeeper - Whiskey for my men, and ale for my kanks".

Its that darn song...
laloc Wrote
Trust, I think, is the most fundamental tool which allows us to play this game. Without trust, we may as well just be playing a Hack and Slash, and repopping in Midgaard after slaying a bunch of Smurfs.

mansa

Odd urges.
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2003, 12:10:19 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but I give in to those urges.

While training my men... "Stop trying to hit me and hit me!"

Dismissing the bartender, you say, "None for me today, I'm the designated driver."

>get head

emote deftly pleasures you with out you moving.

Hmm...there was more..but..  I don't have the patience right now to remember the wack of them.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Sandferret

Odd urges.
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2003, 12:29:16 PM »
Yes! Give into it...I do, in thoughts only. Usually.  :twisted:

>look templar

>think What lovely eyes he has.

>emote looks to the down, her face flustering.

or

>emote watches ~man with a slight smirk on her lips.

>think Well now, Mr. Tall and Muscular, you look fine and dandy. But can you talk?

or

>emote holds ~gem in her hand, studying it.

>emote lets ~gem fall back against her breast and stretches her long, nimble fingers.

>think Hah! That scared you.
f time conversions are giving you a head-ache, visit: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/

X-D

Odd urges.
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2003, 12:44:06 PM »
I've given into many of them in the past, but there is one I have not...yet.

Always want to do it playing a dwarf pc too.

em fixes his gaze on ~templar.

pem gaze fixed steadily on ~templar he places his hand on the hilt of ~sword while moving steadily forward.

em stops in front of ~templar blocking forward movement glaring up.

tell templar (with a strange accent) Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father.

draw sword

em points blade tip at ~templar

tell templar (with a strange accent) Prepare to die.

flee self

I wonder if he would live long enough to flee self.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Dracul

Odd urges.
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2003, 12:51:27 PM »
That was such a cool scene
ww.myspace.com/schwabe0

Angela Christine

Odd urges.
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2003, 06:38:41 AM »
Durring a recent RPT that involved many people falling down a very deep hole I got the urge to start singing "it's raining men."  

Luckily my character passed out before that could happen.  Also, I don't actually know the song, just the bits of it used on the Simpsons.  

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Pungee

Sometimes I want to Cry
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2003, 12:53:27 PM »
I've had the urge to do something strange once in awhile myself. Ah, I can see the imagined scene now...

emote looks at ~pamperednoble with undisguised lust.

emote walks over and grabs %pamperednoble ass, squeezing in an appraising manner.

say (grinning) A bit less muscular than I like... but you'll do!

emote tosses ~pamperednoble over a shoulder and marches towards the whores cribs.

Hehehehe... God it'd be fun to do that... Just once. It's almost worth the effort to get a char made to do it. Too bad they'd only last like... 3 seconds before they got tossed to the chopping block so to speak.  8)