Author Topic: Odd urges.  (Read 98248 times)

Corinne

Odd urges.
« on: July 04, 2003, 12:33:19 AM »
Does anyone else ever get the urge to do something unusual in game?  Whenever my character removes her signet ring I want to junk it.  Anything valuable, as a matter of fact.  I want to junk exotic/rare/expensive/fancy items.  Does anyone else have this problem or something similar?  Let's hear all of your weird Armageddon habits.

Barzalene

Odd urges.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2003, 12:41:25 AM »
I always want to try commands to see what if anything would happen. Like before I knew if sniff would echo, I'd want to sniff people to see if they'd do anything.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

5 day lifespan

Odd urges.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2003, 12:42:24 AM »
I want to doodle on NPC templars using the draw command.
You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany.  Except for maybe Allanak."

-Anonymous

crymerci

Odd urges.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2003, 12:42:52 AM »
I've always wanted to 'contact Tektolnes'.
Quote from: Talley
The P is fo' Pimp
Quote from: ShaLeah
Sounding eerily like the blood sucking plant from little shop of horrors, the highly addictive Ginka computer terminal tells you, in sirihish:
  "FEED ME SHALEAH!"

Marauder Moe

Odd urges.
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2003, 12:46:26 AM »
I've always wanted to trip and spill my drink on a Templar, but I can never muster up the courage to do so.

Odd urges.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2003, 01:09:16 AM »
I always wanted to EMOTE: Reaching towards ~pants, me adjusts himself in the most vile and shameless manner possible...

Right in the middle of a tavern during peak playing hours.

And guess what? Sometimes I do...  :twisted:
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
You find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
A staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

John

Re: Odd urges.
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2003, 01:14:12 AM »
Quote from: "Corinne"
Whenever my character removes her signet ring I want to junk it.
No. Can't say I've ever had that particular urge  :roll:

I use to have the urge to escape the city any time my character made the slightest mistake. I killed off quite a few chars that way. But att I thought it was IC to do ;)
Quote from: RogueGunslinger
On Zalanthas most sweat would evaporate instantly and cool you easier, because there is no humidity. The extra air-flow of a kilt would also keep things dry.

Dracul

Re: Odd urges.
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2003, 01:15:14 AM »
Quote from: "John"
Quote from: "Corinne"
Whenever my character removes her signet ring I want to junk it.
No. Can't say I've ever had that particular urge  :roll:

I use to have the urge to escape the city any time my character made the slightest mistake. I killed off quite a few chars that way. But att I thought it was IC to do ;)

Die? but of course. its always IC to die.

I tend to want to go wander into the rinth or go for a walk in the desert when no pcs are being intresting enough with me. ...although then sometimes Ill just have my char be pissy and -make- something intresting happen...not really beneficial to him normally though....
ww.myspace.com/schwabe0

EvilRoeSlade

Odd urges.
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2003, 01:57:48 AM »
Once I had this bad-ass dwarven warrior, and I was strolling down the street and for some reason I can't really explain I instructed a nearby NPC soldier in the skill of bash.  No RP whatsoever, just "teach soldier bash" "e."  I guess until the next reboot that soldier smacked those elves around.
Back from a long retirement

Odd urges.
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2003, 02:27:34 AM »
Ive always wanted to kick a templar's chair out from under him.

ALWAYS wanted to kill the bard during a song, to see what would happen code-wise. Like would he continue singing? Pull out a steel-sword from his instrument? (I mean he's probably really rich...). Its just one of those what-ifs. Like what if I managed to kill him? Would he 'repop', or would the bard forever be gone from the world?

Oh, Ive also wanted to try pouring containers on people. like would 'pour (cup) person' work? > You pour a mug of ale out over (person). Itd be hilarious :)

Synthesis

Odd urges.
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2003, 03:05:16 AM »
Every once in awhile, I get the urge to:

emote merrily frolicks into the sparring circle, kicking his heels together and singing a lighthearted tune

Just because sparring seems so clownish at times.

"You wanna spar?"
"Let's spar!"
"You ready?"
"I'm ready!"
"Here we goooooooooooooo..."

One of the many reasons I (generally) can't stand clans.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Vendyra

• Legend
Oooh.
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2003, 03:06:55 AM »
Quote from: "Jenred"
Oh, Ive also wanted to try pouring containers on people. like would 'pour (cup) person' work? > You pour a mug of ale out over (person). Itd be hilarious :)

That sounds like an idea for the idea command!
Vendyra

Dracul

Odd urges.
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2003, 03:17:22 AM »
it should be...I tried it once :( I was promptly dissapointed
ww.myspace.com/schwabe0

John

Odd urges.
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2003, 03:30:07 AM »
Quote from: "Dracul"
it should be...I tried it once :( I was promptly dissapointed
Quote from: "Vendyra"
That sounds like an idea for the idea command!
On Zalanthas most sweat would evaporate instantly and cool you easier, because there is no humidity. The extra air-flow of a kilt would also keep things dry.

Cuusardo

Odd urges.
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2003, 04:40:54 AM »
I've always been really tempted to smack around that annoying Kadius hawker that likes to sit outside of Sanctuary.

I have yelled at him from inside the tavern though.

You hear a man's voice from the outside shout "Kadius, because you're worth it!"
You shout "Yeah yeah, we heard you the first fifty times!"

But he just NEVER SHUTS UP!
Quote from: Anael
You know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

X-D

Odd urges.
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2003, 10:53:53 AM »
I've wanted to smack him about too, but I worry that the IMM that made it thinks like me, at which point my char would smack him and he'd turn and say "Now, you made me angry, Your not going to like me much."

Of course as he starts increasing in size and turning green.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Jacques

Odd urges.
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2003, 01:36:45 PM »
Now THERE'S a PC race/class that I'd like to have enough karma for!

Looking up from his table covered with empty bottles, the improbably-muscled green-skinned man says, in sirihish:
"Hulk smashed!"

spawnloser

Odd urges.
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2003, 02:18:13 PM »
Actually, as I recall, from what I've been told, there was someone that played the Hulk on Armageddon.  He wasn't green-skinned, but he was, for all intents and purposes, the Hulk.
Quote from: Malifaxis
We need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiteration
spawnloser knows all

Quote from: Spoon
A magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Flaming Ocotillo

Odd urges.
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2003, 04:26:56 PM »
I suffer from this problem -all- the time.

I have the urge to behave in the most ridiculous manner possible, both OOCly and ICly while in-game, at least once when logging into the game at any given time.

Examples include:

Stepping up to any random PC and telling them what my character's stats are, OOCly, exactly as they are written in the "score".

I.e. tell elf MY STRENGTH IS GOOD, MY AGILITY IS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE, MY WiSDOM IS BELOW AVERAGE, MY ENDURANCE IS GOOD.

or

Emoting something completely unfeasible to describe the result of a coded action.

I.e.  Walking down the street and sayng hi to someone in a casually public place, and then:

emote grabs his hunk of erdlu meat with both hands, his eyes glowing red as the meat begins to bubble and blister, flames suddenly erupting from the blackened flesh.

craft meat into roasted erdlu breast

or

Subduing someone you're having a casual conversation with, and then continuing to RP as though nothing has happened.

i.e. say How is Trali doing these days?

subdue man

say I haven't seen her in a while.

-conversation continues-

It just never ends.

Odd urges.
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2003, 11:34:59 PM »
I like ridicolous EMOTE personally... (Flaming Octollilo, yours were great!) I'm just now suffering the urge to EMOTE eating my helmet... Try and fight it...!
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
A staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

spawnloser

Odd urges.
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2003, 07:25:30 AM »
emote bops ~bald on the head and then turns and pokes his two first fingers into %curly eyes.
Quote from: Malifaxis
We need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiteration
spawnloser knows all

Quote from: Spoon
A magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Coatlicue

Odd urges.
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2003, 09:53:31 AM »
I always have the urge to find some pc, tear the still-beating heart from their chest with my claws. Then craft heart into Aztec sacrifice.

I usually get over it, though.

John

Odd urges.
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2003, 09:56:11 AM »
Quote from: "Coatlicue"
I usually get over it, though.
:shock:

The Lonely Hunter

Mine
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2003, 11:36:47 AM »
Everytime I am getting ready to make a new PC I always want to send in a funny app :P

name: kidrock
sdesc: the skinny, long-haired wuss

name: thecooldude
sdesc: the cool dude
mdesc: You look at a really cool dude and suddently you want him naked...unless you are a man.

name: Thedragon
sdesc: the massive, well-endowed dragon

Disclaimer: I dig some of his music so dont bash me for the first one :P
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

Odd urges.
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2003, 02:40:00 PM »
I've always wanted to make "the scrab-like, gortok-tattooed young man" and have him join the Byn!

The scrab-like, gortok-tattooed young man says, in sirihish,
"This isn't funny anymore! Everytime we leave Allanak, you guys beat the crap out of me! What's wrong with you?!?"
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
A staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."