Kruth

Started by 5 day lifespan, June 30, 2003, 06:55:55 PM

It says in the help files how to deal the game and gives an example of a sample game, but once its over, how do I put the cards back in the deck?  Im really starting to enjoy the neat little cultural elements to the game, but I need some help with the mechanical side of them.  ANy help i can get would be appreciated.

5DL
You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany.  Except for maybe Allanak."

-Anonymous

Hey! It's great to see you enjoying the games in Armageddon :D I always think they're under-played by the PC population.

Quote from: "5 day lifespan"how do I put the cards back in the deck?
You don't. You junk all the cards and then reset the deck (somehow. I'm not sure how you do that ;))

Someone else can help more :)

You just junk the cards after each hand, the deck is limitless. And yes, that does mean it's possible to draw the same card more than once in one round (Or more than -should- be in the deck) since there is now limiting factor (That I know of.)

Dealing from the deck is constantly randomized, I believe, so no need to reset the deck.  Just junk the cards-when I played a fortuneteller once, I emoted shuffling them back in.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

ooh okay. I thought there'd be something to enable people to play with one deck during a game (so the cards could "run out").

I once found a Kruth card lying around.  I forgot what it was something like the Winds?  Anyway it was pretty cool and I carried it around, figured it was good luck.  Soon after my 20+ day character met his demise.  I guess it wasn't such good luck after all.

Id picked up a Wind of Death card once.  I thought it was great.  My character did die soon after though.  Hint: If youre five days old, dont go hunting more than 10 rooms from the city alone.  I wonder if that card is cursed.  I also wonder, Guest if you found my card, and what happened to it after that.  In fact, that would make for a great lead in to a background.  Some tribal finds this card, people start dying, so he has to return the card to the place of great evil, aka Allanak.  Kinda like The Gods must be Crazy.
You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany.  Except for maybe Allanak."

-Anonymous